Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend is Ruining my Primal page 2

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys, can we cool it down here? I get your reactions, I had them myself when I was reading the OP's topic. But then I realized that the OP is in Tokyo. Having lived now in two countries where English is not the native language, I think it's fair to say that some of the OP's post was lost in translation.

Connotations do not translate. When speaking in a foreign language, we look for the closest word choice, but it doesn't always convey what we think it conveys.

Can we please be a little more culturally sensitive and respectful? Many of the things you've written in response are fairly offensive.
    Last edited by lissee; 08-02-2012 at 03:39 AM.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys, can we cool it down here? I get your reactions, I had them myself when I was reading the OP's topic. But then I realized that the OP is in Tokyo. Having lived now in two countries where English is not the native language, I think it's fair to say that some of the OP's post was lost in translation.
    Although he lives in Japan, the OP clearly implies that he is not Japanese. Given that fact and also his command of slang English which would be extraordinary coming from a non-native speaker, I think we can safely assume that English is indeed his native tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    Although he lives in Japan, the OP clearly implies that he is not Japanese. Given that fact and also his command of slang English which would be extraordinary coming from a non-native speaker, I think we can safely assume that English is indeed his native tongue.
    Well, the people I knew in Haiti had American slang down pat, but the rest, not so much. So it's possible, but if you're right Zilog, and the OP is a native English speaker, then yes, he's an idiot.

Edit: So tell us randomcow, what's your native language?
    Last edited by lissee; 08-02-2012 at 04:12 AM.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    "Idiot" is a bit harsh, I'd like to think he was merely trying (but failing) to be a comedian!

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Get a new girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    "Idiot" is a bit harsh, I'd like to think he was merely trying (but failing) to be a comedian!
    Ah, good point. (I call most people idiots, kind of my go-to word.... so my bad.)

+1 for Comedian Fail.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Billie trips balls

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Does threatening to take away sex work in the other direction? ? Lol

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    i'm not really seeing the problem here... you have a hot (body tight like a taiko drum) japanese girlfriend who lives to serve you, and cooks you authentic japanese food daily, and you're wasting your time bitching about it online. what gives?

i agree with what zilog says... rice isn't bad and a splash of mirin isn't an issue. stop sneaking crap, or maybe just cut down on your calories a bit.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    As I understand it, real Japanese food is seafood, veggies, soups etc and some rice. If I had a woman who wanted, nay believed it was her role to serve me I would be silly happy to eat that way. Instead of insisting she change completely the way she cooks, I would see if there was a compromise to be reached and cherish the hell out of her. A little sugar etc wont be much of an issue, it has not been for me anyways.

I know, the idea of a woman wishing to serve her man is repugnant to western attitudes but I would kill for a wife that felt that way. My wife is so not that way she almost refuses to do any of the housework because it might smack of subservience. I am perfectly happy to do my equal share but... anyways...

Is there access to Japanese cookbooks of traditional food a possibility? Maybe you guys can surf them and see what strikes your fancies.

AND CHERISH THE HELL OUT OF THIS WOMAN!!!!!!!!!
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast