Thread: digestive enzyme supplement page

Tom Dunphy is offline Member

digestive enzyme supplement

anyone have any suggestions?

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently on the NOW Foods Superenzymes. I believe they're the ones Robb Wolf recommends.

how do you feel with them?

lissee is offline Senior Member
    I like this one (Buy Source Naturals Essential Enzymes Ultra Premium Digestive Blend ) because it's not targeted toward one food type, and it's worked better for me than others that I've tried.

Here's the description from the product listing:

Digestive enzymes are highly specific agents that help transform the food we eat into nutritional compounds our bodies need for living. Essential EnzymesUltra™ is a Bio-Aligned™ and highly diverse formula utilizing multiple levels of enzymes for digesting all foods in a wide range of pH levels. It contains five types of proteases (protein-digesting enzymes) and multiple enzymes for the digestion of carbohydrates, fats, fiber, and milk sugars. It is one of the most sophisticated arrays of digestive enzymes on the market today for supporting digestive comfort.*

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dunphy View Post
    how do you feel with them?
    They've helped me a ton with bloating and indigestion. I often have to eat bigger meals and have noticed a great improvement with my digestion when I take the enzymes with the meal versus not taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by vb66 View Post
    They've helped me a ton with bloating and indigestion. I often have to eat bigger meals and have noticed a great improvement with my digestion when I take the enzymes with the meal versus not taking them.
    Update: I went to Whole Foods today to look for Now Foods Super Enzymes, but they didn't stock them. I ended up buying a bottle of Solaray Super Papaya-Plex while I want for the Now Foods to arrive by mail.

Took them today and wow! I felt great. I actually felt less hungry than usual, maybe because I was breaking food down better and absorbing more nutrients? I sometimes deal with intestinal discomfort, but not today.

Going to keep at it.

That's great to hear they're helping. Less hunger seems to be a common result. I actually found my hunger increased though. That was probably because I wasn't feeling bloated or an upset stomach constantly.

dizzydaily is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hi everyone, need some help..
    i have bad acid reflux that makes me dizzy,brain fog, blurry vision,rapid heartbeat even shortness of breath and of course heartburn.. all the other symptoms seem worse than the heartburn itself but i know our nervous system is connected with our digestive system . so one issue like acid reflux can be causing all these other symptoms.i use to take prevacid daily for 2 years straight and it took its toll on my body .. a major side effect from those pills were the non absorption of calcium and nutrients. which lead to a trip to the emergency room with major lower back pains ,in my spine. did my research after this and found out all the bad side effects of ppi's.. slowly stopped taking prevacid and for 1 whole year i was fine, no pills ,no major acid reflux symptoms.4 weeks ago all my symptoms came back full force. unbearable living is how i describe it. did more research and came across digestive enzymes. long story short i started taking rainbow light digestive enzyme vegetable capsules for 6 days and in those 6 days my major symptoms were gone but in exchange i developed a serious severe rash all over my body. using common sense i assumed it was the pills that caused it since i have not changed anything in my lifestyle ..went to a dermatologist and he gave me a cortisone shot and didnt really give me any solid advice other than its a rash. while chatting i recall him mentioning seaweed has high iodine levels. went home read bottle for ingredients and seen that sea vegetable complex was a listed ingredient in rainbow light enzymes and put two and two together, thinking this may have been the cause of my rash.i discontinued use of product even though it was helping with my reflux and especially my dizzy foggy feeling.
    it has been 12 days since i took my last digestive enyzme and my rash is completely gone but my acid reflux is full blown again(especially dizzy feeling, which is unbearable).. i am uncertain if the rash came from pills or something else.
    so after this long story my question is
    since i am allergic too all fish shellfish and seafood .. can there be a link to the sea vegetable complex in the rainbow bright digestive enzymes? that may have caused my rash? PLease any sound advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
    Alex