Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The California treatment page 5

[QUOTE=noodletoy;919304]
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post

oh, for heaven's sake.

were you here for college and just picking fights with townies?

actually no. this was a few years after college. and i don't pick fights with anyone. i did make quite a few good friends while living up there, but for the most part, i have no use for bostonians. the funny thing is, most of actual good people i met up there (native bostonians) hate the people as much as/more than i do. i've heard many bostonians describe boston as a "beautiful city ruined by awful people." facts is facts...

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post

facts is facts...
    nope, that's merely your isolated and subjective opinion.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    nope, that's merely your isolated and subjective opinion.
    Subjective, yes. Most definitely. Isolated, no. The average attitude of the average bostonian on the street is the worst i've encountered anywhere in the country. Very rude, cold and distant. Angry at the world. Worse than new york. Worse than LA. Worse than chicago. There is juat a general bad feeling in that city and the whole metro area. And i know a ton of people who agree. People from all over the country. Hell, on of my best buddies bleeds boston: loves the sox, has pats season tix, never misses a bruins or celts game. But he HATES living there because of the people. Unfortunately for him, his wife won't leave. So he is stuck.

Sorry if it offends you. Maybe you dont see it. But boston people kinda suck. Maybe you're just one of the good ones.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I really don't understand the "worse than NY" comment... I assume you mean NYC, but after all the awful things I heard about it for many years... I LOVE NY.
    During my trips I found people there (Manhattan, Bronx, and Brooklyn) to b mostly kind, courteous, helpful... and just plain NICE. That includes some seriously rich Manhattan folks, as well as the not so well off in some of the Bronx and Brooklyn communities. Really.
    *shrug*

I my trips I have met maybe a handful of rude people in NYC... every time it was in the airport(worker) or a subway worker.

I met more rude people in almost any city you can name in the South East... even just passing through. So much for 'southern hospitality', and I'm from the South.
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-02-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    A long time ago, someone did a "study," putting a woman, child, man (each alone) in different parts of the country looking and acting lost. They wanted to see where people were the most helpful. NYers were actually much higher on the list than folks might expect.

When I went back after almost 25 years away, I found NYers to be very friendly. But when they're in a hurry, respect that and don't jaw on about Aunt Nert and Uncle Snert.

But I like all different kinds of folks. Mostly. Except for... Okay, maybe not mostly. Some folks. Nah. Everybody sucks.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    nano seconds

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Have to concur when I visited NYC I found it to be a friendly city.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    When I visited NYC I could see why people there believe it to be the center of the universe. It was kind of like the rest of the world no longer mattered. I thought it was a great place.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I have traveled extensively, both domestic and international, and I'm from northern cal. In my experience, Arizonans are the most biased toward californians, especially law enforcement. One time I got pulled over driving a car with arizona plates, and the cop was jovial and friendly and said he'd just give me a reminder, then he saw my license, got unfriendly and gave me a ticket. Another time I was driving behind my dad (who is an arizonan) at exactly the same speed he was going. I got a ticket in the mail saying I had exceeded the speed limit, while he got no ticket (which I refused to pay). I've heard Arizonans refer to us countless times as "those damn californians, ruining our state".

Aside from those experiences, I find most people are usually intrigued and a bit jealous when I tell them where I live. Especially folks overseas who think all of california is one big beach and all we do here is shoot movies, heheh.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    I have traveled extensively, both domestic and international, and I'm from northern cal. In my experience, Arizonans are the most biased toward californians, especially law enforcement. One time I got pulled over driving a car with arizona plates, and the cop was jovial and friendly and said he'd just give me a reminder, then he saw my license, got unfriendly and gave me a ticket. Another time I was driving behind my dad (who is an arizonan) at exactly the same speed he was going. I got a ticket in the mail saying I had exceeded the speed limit, while he got no ticket (which I refused to pay). I've heard Arizonans refer to us countless times as "those damn californians, ruining our state".

Aside from those experiences, I find most people are usually intrigued and a bit jealous when I tell them where I live. Especially folks overseas who think all of california is one big beach and all we do here is shoot movies, heheh.
    Yep, but then when it gets really hot in the summertime you can find all the "Zonies" on the beaches of San Diego.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast