Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The California treatment page 4

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    as a bostonian, i shall politely ignore all the hatah's and reply to the op:

working in restaurants here all my life, californians as tourists seem compelled to announce their state of residency within seconds of meeting me. i don't really give a rat's ass where you are from and, no you don't get some social medal for living there.

i've been through much of the state many times. parts are achingly gorgeous, but there is plenty of strip-mall-junk-visual blight too. it's not all wine and roses and i don't feel envy friends who do live there.

I lived in Australia for a couple of years and can tell you the reception is much warmer to Californians there than to Americans.
    did california secede and i missed the memo?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Having spent much time driving around the U.S. with both California and Louisiana plates and license I swear there is a difference in the way random people treat you. This goes against the Californian. And from Socal I'm not prejudiced against anyone, except maybe them damn water stealing, non-bathing, hippy norteños.

Tercio
    Hey wait a minute how are we stealing water if we don't bathe? BTW I haven't showered yet and I just got back from riding my bike to the grocery store, don't want to waste water when I'm about to sprint in the woods and then if it's hot enough jump in the creek.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=jennf;918951]They don't call them "Massholes" for nothing!QUOTE]

count me in for hating chowderheads too. i spent 4 years of my life living amongst those animals. i've been all over the place, and by far and away, bostonians are the trashiest, most obnoxious pieces of garbage on the planet. until i moved there, i always thought people were kidding when they referred to them as "massholes." boy was i wrong

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=not on the rug;919292]
    Quote Originally Posted by jennf View Post
    They don't call them "Massholes" for nothing!QUOTE]

count me in for hating chowderheads too. i spent 4 years of my life living amongst those animals. i've been all over the place, and by far and away, bostonians are the trashiest, most obnoxious pieces of garbage on the planet. until i moved there, i always thought people were kidding when they referred to them as "massholes." boy was i wrong
    oh, for heaven's sake.

were you here for college and just picking fights with townies?

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I was asked for my license plate number and that is how they found out I was from California. Other times people just come right out and ask. I think just looking at me they suspect it for some reason. Perhaps it's my skin. Women in other states have much better complexions than Californians who tend to be sun damaged.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I was asked for my license plate number and that is how they found out I was from California. Other times people just come right out and ask. I think just looking at me they suspect it for some reason. Perhaps it's my skin. Women in other states have much better complexions than Californians who tend to be sun damaged.
    Like this?

Yes... I've seen this type skin with my own yes on an older lady in our community...
    For all I know it could be this lady!
    The skin sort of hung...

Weird admission... it looked like incredibly soft, thin, leather and I kind of wanted to touch her just so see... LOL
    I did not do that. I just thought it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Being from Miami, there's quite a few stereotypes and hardly any positive. No one realizes its possible to be white, non Hispanic and live in Miami. As for Californians, I've met some good ones and some crazy liberal, out spoken, gun fearing, loud mouth vegans so....I think it depends! Lol no need to discriminate though.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Like this?

Yes... I've seen this type skin with my own yes on an older lady in our community...
    For all I know it could be this lady!
    The skin sort of hung...

Weird admission... it looked like incredibly soft, thin, leather and I kind of wanted to touch her just so see... LOL
    I did not do that. I just thought it.
    Ha ha, no that's Las Vegas skin.

I've always been mesmerized by the beautiful peaches and cream complexion of people from say North Dakota. My partner lived in Buffalo for 15 years and he said when he moved to California he had a really hard time figuring out how old people were. In Buffalo the older you were the bigger your waistline. In California, I guess it's how wrinkly your skin is.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

jmday is offline Senior Member
    California Native living in land locked Kansas
    This was funny. I was raise in san Diego, del mar, when we used to say there's no life east of I5. In that there were no lights!!!!
    My dad still lives there and grumbles nonstop about the traffic.

We have been in Kansas 10.5 years. The thing they said about me was I talked so FAST. Zoom. Later we all joked about what is going on this week about the fruits and nuts. So glad I live in middle America now. Unfortunately I do miss the ocean, but won't pay the mental/physical cost to do it every day.

But charging more for stuff? That really sounded weird to me unless your business is all separate,y negotiated deals. Otherwise, you should be paying less any time you come to mid west.

PS. Missouri drivers suck big time. Worse than that, Nebraska.
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Blanchy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mainers hate everyone; especially Massholes. It's a state tradition.

But on a serious note, it doesn't matter where you're from. If you're not an asshat, and don't act like you own the place, we'll generally be nice to you.
    "It’s not about how strong you are, it’s how well you can move with that strength."

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast