Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The California treatment page 3

jennf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I also hate Boston. Learn how to drive! Ughhhhhh.
    They don't call them "Massholes" for nothing!

And I say "them" because I don't consider myself a Massachusetts resident even though I've lived here for 16 years. My heart has always been in CO and as soon as I can I will be, too!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCruz Carter View Post
    Want to see a great reaction- travel internationally and see the difference in reception you get when you make the distinction you are from California instead of being just another American. I lived in Australia for a couple of years and can tell you the reception is much warmer to Californians there than to Americans.
    Oh this is so true. This and how Canadians seem so friendly and seem to like everybody.

Have you ever been charged more money for things because of where you are from? I know they did that to me in India and I was okay with it. There are tourist prices and local prices. I can accept that. But being charged more in another state in the US? That doesn't quite seem fair. I'm going to hope that I was quoted half the price over the phone by mistake and not because when they met me in person they decided to give me the California treatment.

Anyway, I drive an old American pickup truck with two-wheel drive, stick shift and no air conditioning. I can't possibly reek any worse of the inability to drive anybody's real estate prices up. I do try to leave an extra big tip in solidarity with all the hard-working women of the world waiting tables. I hope they can all forgive me for freezing my ass off all summer long in supposedly "sunny" southern California and seeking respite out of state. Call me a sun bird (as opposed to a snow bird). Brrr. I'm sick of being cold.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I'm from Arizona, and I love California and Californians (the nice ones anyway!). We had our wedding in Santa Cruz.

But I'm also a commie pinko hippy-type person according to the average Arizonan, so I don't represent the demographic very well.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Galeldor is offline Junior Member
    That made me shoot coffee out my nose! Funny!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Try being from Delaware, everybody thinks we're part of Pennsylvania.....

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Lily Marie and Urban Forager - Sounds like you both are about the Mendocino area. I'm inland, but 3 hours north of Sacramento - probably a bit farther north than you as 3 hours on the 5, gets you farther than 3 hours on the 101...
    Yep... I am in Mendocino County.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I'm from Arizona, and I love California and Californians (the nice ones anyway!). We had our wedding in Santa Cruz.

But I'm also a commie pinko hippy-type person according to the average Arizonan, so I don't represent the demographic very well.
    Now I like you even more.

Quote Originally Posted by SCruz Carter View Post
    Want to see a great reaction- travel internationally and see the difference in reception you get when you make the distinction you are from California instead of being just another American. I lived in Australia for a couple of years and can tell you the reception is much warmer to Californians there than to Americans.
    I found that to be the case too, when I lived in Europe. When I told people I was from Monterey I was surprised to learn that many people had heard of it. My husband grew in Santa Cruz people; often respond like we came from paradise.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Santa Rosan (N. Californian) here. I'm prejudiced against Southern Californians; bunch of water-stealing, purse-poodled botox injectors.

Anybody from New Joysey is a neurotic weirdo.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Having spent much time driving around the U.S. with both California and Louisiana plates and license I swear there is a difference in the way random people treat you. This goes against the Californian. And from Socal I'm not prejudiced against anyone, except maybe them damn water stealing, non-bathing, hippy norteņos.

Tercio

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast