Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Getting Centered - PrimalWithKids page 7

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    *HUGS* I know dealing with an ill family member must be tough. Don't worry about staying 100% on track with food while around everyone. Just enjoy each other.

Your jar idea sounds neat. If we start to have trouble with variety, I might do that. Or maybe we'll do it as a Friday choice day. I've found planning the things I wasn't doing as much (mostly art projects) into lessons forces us to do them. DD's scissor skills have blown me away recently since we've rarely done cutting in the past.

Teach, that's really practical encouragement to not worry so much about food. Husband's family is Latino, so I'm going to talk w D about rice and beans being ok when we're at their house. But we'll still stay away from the sweet bread, corn tortillas, etc. Making those brownies, so I'll take a few as a sweet alternative for her.

Weight holding steady, I sense I'm a little more toned, but my waist feels a little bigger. Would be more concerned except (of course) my cycle is just around the corner! My chocolate consumption may have gone up a bit in the last day or so
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    CW 140 & 30% bf (Aug. 4, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

So glad we went! Grandma passed away late Th, we were able to drive down Friday night. My MIL is always so on top of things, always takes care of everyone, but was so tired and rundown and sad. I spent all day Saturday and this morning cooking for people after sending my husband out for groceries to restock the fridge, and know it was appreciated (mounds of takeout bags everywhere when we arrived).

Decided primal perfection wasn't a reasonable goal for myself with all the temptations around, but my one rule was I wouldn't have grain. That still cut out a lot! So I don't feel too bad about the few instances of flavored coffee creamer, the small spoonful of potato salad, or the bowl of ice cream. Lots of fruit, lots of eggs, lots of yummy meat... Totally within reason.
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    CW 140 & 30% bf (Aug. 4, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see that you made it through the weekend still feeling good. Dealing with grief can be so hard and I'm sure they appreciated wholesome food. I remember being really glad when people brought homemade food after my mom passed as we had been living on takeout for a few weeks at that point. Good luck getting back into the rhythm tomorrow!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567