Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Getting Centered - PrimalWithKids page 6

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Sounds like a great day! My blog is definitely a work in progress, but I'm going to try to update more often with DH going back to work, Creating a Healthy, Happy, Down to Earth Family.

Yay for people noticing the weight loss! My real estate agent commented yesterday which felt nice.
    Great blog, teach! I'll follow you.

Yeay for people noticing the weight loss, both of you. I think most people look for something else like a hairstyle or clothes but it is weight loss. Woohoo for some whoosh!

Love it, teach - thanks for sharing! Just updated mine for the first time in forever - I need a place to share about this part of our lives without worrying about how it compares with anyone else's kid or family, schooled, unschooled, whatever! If you're interested... Cardinal Alternative Learning
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    CW 140 & 30% bf (Aug. 4, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link. That whiteboard idea looks like a good one. I may just have to steal it this year! And I totally understand the awkward feeling after reading some other people's sites. But creating what works best for you and your child is what's important. It doesn't look to me like you're being overly structured. Good luck!

We went to the pool yesterday all as a family, and while I'm not at swimsuit model stage obviously, I felt totally unselfconscious - so nice! D swam underwater for the first time - yay, our big girl! And have I mentioned here that the baby, A, is taking his first steps these days? Another yay!

I've been staying pretty consistent with eating well, the occasional mini-IF (3-5 hrs after waking), but things definitely aren't changing quickly at this point. I put PBF on my calendar for twice this week - I'm going to try. Maybe no evening glass of wine either, though that has really been my 20% - I don't cheat much. I don't know, I'm still nursing, not sure how strict I want to be, v. just being healthy and letting the changes happen as my body is ready.
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWithKids View Post
    I don't know, I'm still nursing, not sure how strict I want to be, v. just being healthy and letting the changes happen as my body is ready.
    I say just go for being healthy and letting things progress naturally. Although, that's how I'm doing it. I think when you're nursing there are major factors you just aren't in control of. So take this time to make sure your food is as clean as possible, aside from your designated indulgences (I like that better than cheat). I try to time my indulgences with TOM because I know my body burns more calories then. Try to get in as much slow movement as possible and fit in the PBF and sprints. I've found that since it only takes 20 minutes, I can do PBF with the kids home and DH otherwise occupied. You could even have your daughter help you count out the reps ;-) Have a good weekend, I'm off to fit in my PBF!

Ok, teach, you inspired me! No excuses, getting outside to play is part of our morning routine, and this morning I did my PBF then. since it's not a work day, I just dressed in workout clothes when I got up to be ready. Had the baby in the swing during round 1, shifted him to exersaucer for round 2, gave him real play time when I was done and could watch him. D seemed more motivated to get active with me moving, and I felt great modeling it. So thanks! I think this will work for MWF mornings.

Feeling a little bored with food, mostly bc I dropped dairy with D to encourage her. I miss dairy! Have a birthday Th -33! - and am starting to wonder what primal deliciousness my birthday dinner could be.
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

Nice job! Glad to see my idea could help you out. Your success inspired me to squeeze in my workout today too! I find the kids love to get involved. My 2 like to imitate us. We used to do cross fit type things at me and then tried to follow along. DS picked up a frisbee as a weight plate to do walking lunges once. And they both have their own version of burpees, so cute!

If I were you, I do some form of seafood for your birthday dinner - lobster or crab, but that's because we rarely get to eat it. Happy birthday! Oh, Bob's Red Mill brownie mix is dairy and gluten free. You might be able to use coconut oil in place of butter.

Yup, I definitely think brownies w/ coc. Oil, probably shrimp, maybe stuffed mushrooms or some kind of creamy artichoke concoction D need never know about.. We'll probably do a little family birthday for me and the baby Saturday afternoon - he turns one Monday, but big party in a few weeks w his baptism. Then a more relaxed adult meal (you know, where we get to sit down for the whole thing) after kiddos go to sleep. I already know my present, we tend to go more with requests than big surprises - a waffle maker! That Eat Like a Dinosaur book has a recipe for freezer paleo waffles, and I would love that. Some strawberries on top, yum yum.

Baby is sick, infected tonsils and hives . But I have a secret hope that the Benadryl the doctor prescribed will result in a less interrupted night's sleep for once! Then we'll see what tomorrow holds...
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    I can't remember if I told you to check out 'seasidekitchen' and 'cavegirlinthekitchen' they are great sites for everything from sensible foods to paleo treats to Paleo cocktails.

The family swim sounds so much fun and well done on the winkles for either submerging and walking.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Richard - I probably need to branch out more recipe-wise. Made tapenade again today, as well as omelette with salsa and lots of avocado, snuck delicious cheese into the meat sauce and broccoli combo when D wasn't looking... So a more satisfying eating day - probably bc it was higher fat and some different flavors!

Had a good day, stayed home w sick baby instead of normal working afternoon, but he wasn't too fussy, just a little zoned, probably from meds. Set the bar low for homeschooling given sickness, but we had a full, fun day. Squeezed my most urgent work in on the side, quick little email breaks while they were occupied banging on things

Holding all birthday plans, my own and baby's, very tentatively now as my husband's grandmother, who recently began cancer treatments, was sent home w hospice care today, pneumonia not responding to treatments . Sadly, they don't think she has long. Husband feels he's said his goodbyes, but we're planning to go be with family this weekend one way or the other.
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast