Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Centered - PrimalWithKids page 3

Primal Fuel
    The calipers were actually pretty cheap and not too complicated, then used an online 3-site calculator to get the percentage... Would rather track body fat than weight since the scale can be so misleading! In the past, I've dropped weight ok while nursing, so we'll see. The good thing is, I feel comfortable in my skin at this size, so if I just gain fitness and wait to drop fat til weaning (potentially years away), I can be ok with that! With a google search, the conservative estimates seemed like .5-1 pound of muscle gain per month for women... Since I'm not going super hard-core, I'd guess the lower end for myself . Probably more of an endomorph, as well, though my body usually responds wells to exercise!
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    CW 140 & 30% bf (Aug. 4, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

I used the Lose It app religiously the first few weeks, now am doing it more sporadically - we'll see how that goes! Today was a non-tracking day, and it felt good!

I had the kids on my own for a few hours after nap/quiet time, and suggested we go to the park. I was amazed when D suggested on her own that we walk/scoot to the nearby park - my husband and I love walking, but she has usually resisted so much that circling the block as a family feels huge! This park is like 8-10 blocks away. She made it the whole way without complaint, climbed and rolled down lovely green hills for an hour, then made it back, still no complaining, though I could see she was tired. WOW! I was really proud.

Sadly though, a week in, she is still having some bottom irritation when she goes to the bathroom. Grain out, dairy out, I slipped and a little soy got in this week... Do you think I should wait another week, just get more strict watching for soy? I'm not sure what I would experiment taking out next. She asks daily about adding dairy back in - I think she misses cheese.

B: sausage and eggs
    L: salad w tomato, egg, ham, turkey and bacon-y dressing
    S: nuts, a couple dates
    D: chicken curry w coconut milk and veggies on mashed cauliflower
    S: a few sips of wine before realizing my body didn't want it, more nuts, dark chocolate
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I would definitely wait a little longer. I think it can take 2 weeks for everything to clear out, and then it will take additional time for the rash to clear up.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    I agree with teach. I've heard that it can take up to a month to get results from eliminating dairy. Those casein proteins hang around. And it could very well be something else causing the rash. I think I'd give it 30 days if your gut instinct is telling you the cause could be dairy.

We eliminated dairy for 70 days to see if it would clear up my oldest son's eczema back when he was 3 years old. Dairy was not the culprit but it was the body wash/lotion and winter dryness. Our allergist even tested him before and after. It can take time and experimentation.

Thanks, I'll stay the course .
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

Down another half pound! I was thinking last night I can see a little difference in my arms now... Not tracking, exercising just as it comes up in life, but eating very primally. Had a "fancy" breakfast meeting yesterday and decided to risk going in fasted. Sure enough, there was coffee, bacon, and fruit along with all the other grain-y stuff in the buffet line, so it worked out. (I felt a little weird, and put some potatos on my plate as camouflage but didn't eat them!) Green coconut smoothie lunch, snack of nuts & a date, dinner of chicken and broccoli salad, dessert of wine and dark chocolate... Starting today IFing so I can lock in on some work while my husband cares for the kids.
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

I caught my husband staring at me tonight, and he asked if I'd noticed how much my face and neck are slimming down. Went and checked in the mirror - he's right, and it feels good! Earlier he'd noticed how loose some of my pants have gotten... He's impressed and complimented me for "sticking with it," and I could honesty tell him it's not feeling that hard. I can still eat all the best parts of everything!

B: eggs w avocado, dates
    L: green coconut smoothie
    D: few grapes, tomato basil bisque, Cobb salad, wine
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

Ok, I'm going to keep the momentum rolling, get my busy day with crazy meetings off to a good start.. LHT! I am loving the freedom to start with lots of wall pushups instead of forcing myself through a few completely miserable knee pushups. Gotta start somewhere!
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWithKids View Post
    Down another half pound! I was thinking last night I can see a little difference in my arms now... Not tracking, exercising just as it comes up in life, but eating very primally. Had a "fancy" breakfast meeting yesterday and decided to risk going in fasted. Sure enough, there was coffee, bacon, and fruit along with all the other grain-y stuff in the buffet line, so it worked out. (I felt a little weird, and put some potatos on my plate as camouflage but didn't eat them!) Green coconut smoothie lunch, snack of nuts & a date, dinner of chicken and broccoli salad, dessert of wine and dark chocolate... Starting today IFing so I can lock in on some work while my husband cares for the kids.

Wooooosh! Yeay for you! And awesome for your husband noticing, too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a rough day yesterday, then drank too much coffee in the afternoon, so getting to sleep too forever! Now that I write that down, I'm thinking, hmm, how can I do basically what I need to do today, but also take it slow? Nourish myself without comfort eating?? Some outside time sounds good - but it's been so hot, a trip to the library with AC sounds even better!

D slammed her finger in the door yesterday - ouch! After the first rounds of weeping and wailing, we started talking about the interesting colors it was going to turn. She decided the bruise under her nail was "nature's nail polish.". Love that girl!
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast