Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's say I start a regular workout program... page 4

Gene is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've found it very hard to do everything at once. I lost the 25lbs I needed to lose first and now I'm working on getting strong with Starting Strength. Once I've exhausted my novice strength gains I'll start introducing some cardio. I would just keep on dropping weight until you get down to a healthy level, and then start thinking about adding structured exercise to your life. Sounds like you have lots of house and yard work. That should be enough while you focus on weight loss. Go for a walk if you feel the need to get the blood flowing. Just my two cents!

gymcompany is offline Junior Member
    You can make your muscles by your fat but this includes proper workout.....

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    I would just keep on dropping weight until you get down to a healthy level, and then start thinking about adding structured exercise to your life.

Thanks for all the replies.

The trouble is, I am just not losing like before. And I still have plenty to lose, so it is not like I am close to goal or ideal. And in looking back through all my tracking, I was trying to pinpoint the nutrition end of it. I was way higher carb, way lower fat, about the same protein. So I tried tinkering with those numbers and nothing was working. I mean I could lose a few, but then gain a few, and it didnt really matter what the macros were or those ratios. And it didnt really matter the calories. I could gain on 1200 and lose on 1600, or I could lose on 1200 and gain on 1600. The last two days, I gained on 1500 and lost .9 on almost 1900! I couldnt believe I ate 1900 but I had a few more carbs than normal and I was just hungrier. I also did more activity yesterday. And when I started my journey, I did lots of activity and I was hungry all the time eating 1600 - 1800 many days.

Summer was slow. And this month started off great, when I did a 48 hour fast, and then ups and downs, so now I will be lucky if I can just get back to where the month started at!!!

I just can't figure out what I need to do. What I need to eat, when I need to eat, how much activity. uggghhh

I was coming to the conclusion that the difference between now and then, is that I was doing more activity then. And I think I have come to that conclusion before, maybe even why I started this thread.

I just thought by now, 9 months later, I would have made more gains. I have lost about 20 lbs since going primal, some 6 months ago. I know, do it slowly, let you body adjust, let your skin adjust yada yada. It is just discouraging when I read that I eat this or do that and the fat just melts off of me. Or ppl that started after I did, and have lost more than me.

Yes, there are places I can tweak. I eat yogurt most every day. I eat a TBL of nut butter in my yogurt most every day. I will put either .5 cup of blueberries or .5 - 1 banana in it most every day. I read ppl say those things add weight. I dont know. It is the same things I was losing weight on. Along with oatmeal and beans (sometimes 2 servings) and a serving or two of orrowheat bread every day because I read it was good for me.

I get my hunger under control, some days thats 900 calories so I add things like butter and coconut oil, and most days I come in around 1200 - 1300 and I am full. A few 1400 and 1500 days in there. Days like yesterday are rare at almost 1900 but it seems to have worked in my favor. CW says dont eat too few of calories, but I was thinking that was a bunch of BS.

I just dont have a pattern that I can say this works and this doesnt. Some days this works, and some days it doesnt, while something that didnt work, does work. Ugggh

Just when I feel like I got this figured out, I realize I dont. Not even close.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.

The trouble is, I am just not losing like before. And I still have plenty to lose, so it is not like I am close to goal or ideal. And in looking back through all my tracking, I was trying to pinpoint the nutrition end of it.
    Ok, where I was going with that, before I sidetracked myself, was that the main difference between now and then, is my exercise. I was doing about 1 - 2 hours every day of something structured. Like a DVD. I do have plenty to do around here but the summer was hot and I developed a lazy streak. Then the little basturd bluegill we put in the pond were getting nippy so we didnt even want to swim.

So I was thinking the difference and where I am missing the boat is my activity and maybe I need to make myself do a dvd every day, like 45 minutes of Like Slim in 6 or Momma wants her body back. I do enjoy doing tabata on my elliptical. I feel like I have done something, and something just takes over while I am doing it.

Okay babbling now.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234