Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carb Refeed Query page 2

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Really? I feel fantastic when I fast post-workout. I'm on an adrenaline high. It's like a mild shot of morphine or something where I'm almost buzzed with a tingly feeling. Eating takes away that feeling. Even if I can eat right away I typically don't because I love the hormone high so much.
    Me too.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Cycling between high carbs around workouts and lower carbs at other points in the day seems to work well for me.

maclrc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lean Ape Dave View Post
    maclr, with that amount of exercise I think you would see very good results if you up the carb intake, especially after heavy weights sessions. You can eat an awful lot post workout without it effecting the waistline, and it can greatly improve your rate of muscle gain.

It is one of the few times you have where high carb, and even junk food, is not going to negatively effect fat gain.
    Yep, did my first high carb/low fat post workout meal yesterday; some grilled squid, whilst waiting for... 2 sweet potatoes and a tuna steak. Whilst I appreciate that post-workout gives you some flexibility in terms of what carbs you eat, what do people recommend? I occasionally eat sweet potatoes and rice already, but what else is dense in carbs (and gluten free)?

Vebalorius is offline Junior Member
    If you're not on a typical fasting regiment, does the phrase "2 hour fast post workout" just mean you're not eating anything until your next meal (let's say dinner)? Trying to figure out the semantics.
    Que aproveche la vida!

zizou is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Really? I feel fantastic when I fast post-workout. I'm on an adrenaline high. It's like a mild shot of morphine or something where I'm almost buzzed with a tingly feeling. Eating takes away that feeling. Even if I can eat right away I typically don't because I love the hormone high so much.

I'd be really interested to see your blood glucose right before and right after working out. I wonder if you become hypoglycemic after working out.
    I experience something simliar, i can feel like shit prior to the workout, but after the first few sets i get a bit of a buzz and feel good after finishing, this is before i've had anything to eat for the day usually. Perhaps now and then i mite have a piece of fruit before a workout but generally lifting weights gives me a bit of a boost or spark in energy which feels great. Granted my lifts might not be as strong as they could due to my way of eating, but energy wise i feel ok.

I came to this thread to ask about carb refeeds, which i've started doing since my workouts are more consistant. Is there a general rule of thumb about how many carbs are needed by an individual? The point is to refill glycogen from my understanding, so if i push to my limit during my workouts, how do i know if i've eaten adequate amoutn of carbs and thus replenished enough to finish off my next 2 workouts for the week, assuming i workout 2-3 times a week.

I don't want to eat more carbs than what i need, due to digestive issues, but i can't go low carb neither as it doesn't do me much good, at least no longer than a 2 day interval.

Which is what i had planned, if i workout 3 times with a 2day carb break in between to give my body a break from carbs, before refeeding again post workout. So i was just curious if there were any signs that my glycogen levels are adequate and no more carbs are needed. I know by my energy and muscle tightness and soreness when i think i've done low carb for too long, so i've always go that to go by.

Also, is it possible to just do 2 carb refeeds a week, if working out 3 times a week? Lot of questions i know but just looking for some insight.

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    I"m the same. I used to rush to eat after a WOD, but not not. I'll eat up to an hour later. mark does the same.

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    In terms of carb refeeding, after a heavy WOD, I always have starchy carbs like potatoes after. I don't wait til doing in once a week. I do it daily and again, only after a WOD.

Declan is offline Junior Member
    Rest is of course not an simple choice as your metabolic rate is rushing away, carbohydrates increase this stages and without them it is difficult for me to rest and my thought is a veritable Kenmore of action. On the good part, I have been a effective devil this last 30 days or so even though I have not been able to hang out even once.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I generally workout fasted, leangains style. Would you eat high carb/low fat for the rest of the day? Or just for the postworkout meal, and then back to normal for my other meal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12