Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to eat at Chick Fil A today page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Also, the more you divide the American public/voters by the "moral" b.s., the more you can keep them from banding together for important things like bank bailouts and sneaking GMOs into the food. The power structure isn't stupid. They want all us crumb snatchers to keep bickering about stupid stuff while they blithely go about raping and pillaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    +1

I wish we had Chick-Fil-A here. I'd totally go buy something.

The part that drives me crazy is that everyone seems to be thinking they're discriminating against people, or saying anything hateful. Ya know... I've been searching and scouring the web, and I fail to find anything Dan Cathy has said that can be construed as "hateful" towards gays. Being pro-traditional family doesn't mean you hate gays or discriminate against them. I mean, just because I choose to promote and support Primal lifestyle, doesn't mean I hate Veganism. Think about it. If you're pro-choice, does that also mean you hate life? (Well, maybe it does.) Furthermore, I give the guy credit for standing up for what he believes in, as unpopular as it may be. He's not out just chasing the almighty dollar, selling out his ethics for money. That's why I will support Chick-Fil-A.
    Didn't he say,"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

That's kind of a douchey thing to say, but that's just my opinion.

I'm pro-any type of marriage with consenting adults. Even group marriage. Everyone views marriage differently, and people promoting discrimination are A-holes.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    I would not buy from a business who had used some of their profits to support anti gays etc. if it anything like the UK they probably get massive tax relief on any donations.
    Live and let live are the rules I live by, as long as there is no harm to others who are we to judge each others sexual preferences etc.
    Saddens me, all the terrible things going on in the world - kids starving in third world countries etc and people choose to devote their energies and money to trying to prevent gays marrying etc.
    They really need to get a life. And yes I know everyone is entitled to an opinion - this is mne.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Just as they have the right to donate to whatever cause they choose, everyone else has the right to publicly excoriate them for being bigots, and to advocate boycotting their restaurants. Free speech and free association are two-way streets; your freedom of speech doesn't exempt you from the consequences of your words.

No one's saying that Chick-fil-A shouldn't be allowed to donate to anti-gay groups (well, maybe some people are, I don't know; but if so, they're wrong). But as for why it's OK to support gay marriage and "not OK" (in the sense of inviting shame and ridicule from progressives) to be anti-gay marriage, it's the same argument as being pro-interracial marriage or pro-civil rights. LGBT[and all the other letters, maybe I should just write queer? I don't know what the preferred term is] rights are the civil rights battle of our generation. Legal gay marriage is the logical and fair conclusion stemming from the beliefs that a) the government has no business dictating people's love lives or sexual practices and b) all people should be treated equally under the law, not just in the narrow, technical sense of "everyone is free to marry someone of the opposite sex" but in the broader and, yes, more liberal sense that "every adult is free to marry whomever they choose".

Progressives won't "give it a rest already" because it is a fight that needs to be won yesterday--because the the status quo is a gross injustice and a tragic failure of the majority of Americans to tolerate lifestyles, beliefs and behaviors that are different from their own.
    Yep...
    He/they have the right to say it, and donate to those anti-gay orgs.
    And everyone else has the right to respond to what they espouse.
    Ain't it grand!

I have asked a couple of friends if they would respond the same way if he had made racist remarks instead of homophobic, and if they would feel different if he was donating to the KKK or similar.
    They admitted that they hadn't thought of it that way.
    To me bigotry is bigotry regardless of who it is aimed at.

Also, I've always thought their chicken sandwiches were kinda gross and bland so it's not a place I ate at anyway even pre-Primal.
    I tried it once or twice in my life because other people picked it... Bleh.
    Not good food.
    But then I have never really liked any fast food, and theirs wasn't 'better' as far as I could tell.
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
    Didn't he say,"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

That's kind of a douchey thing to say, but that's just my opinion.

I'm pro-any type of marriage with consenting adults. Even group marriage. Everyone views marriage differently, and people promoting discrimination are A-holes.
    +1 Douchey, agreed.

Oh & a primal group marriage sounds fun: can we serve raw meat & offal @ the reception & a primal wedding cake or 2 or 3?
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I have never intentionally bought their sandwiches, mostly because don't buy much fast food. The one time I can remember eating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich is that is what the food was at the end of a 5K I ran 4 years ago. I remember not liking it much, but I don't remember why. Too salty is what sticks in my mind and I do like salt....

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I have never intentionally bought their sandwiches, mostly because don't buy much fast food. The one time I can remember eating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich is that is what the food was at the end of a 5K I ran 4 years ago. I remember not liking it much, but I don't remember why. Too salty is what sticks in my mind and I do like salt....
    That's exactly what I thought... flavorless bread, flavorless chicken, and salt. Bleh!

Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
    Makes me wonder what version of marriage from the bible this guy promotes...
    Polygamy... lots of that in there.
    Marrying your dead brothers wife and getting her a son... also in there.
    Raping a girl, paying her day a bit of money, and becoming her husband... also in there!

Not sure where he got the marriage is ONLY one man loving one woman thing.
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-01-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Martha is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecole66 View Post
    The gay marriage debate is just more politicians trying to divide America even more. GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF MARRIAGE ALL TOGETHER. Let every union be a civil union in the eyes of the law. Let churches worry about marriage, if a gay couple can find a church to perform a ceremony so be it. Marriage is a biblical term and should have no place in american law.
    +1

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    How was your lunch, kenn?
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

I kind of doubt he had any intentions of actually eating there.
    More likely he just wanted to start a thread about it to see the fuss.

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast