Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Going to eat at Chick Fil A today page 20

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    I know I'm late to the party but I want to say that I'm sorry for all the shitty things past and current generations have done to members of the LGBT community. While I'm all for equal rights for everyone, I feel like I don't do enough for the cause.

I'm horrified by the members of this community that feel free speech should trump basic human rights and equality. I would hope that if I wrote that I hated *insert derogatory race name here*, you would tear me a new one.

The religious right/free speech fighters, in this thread, are akin to DrAnnaIdiot in the circumcision threads. You're too blinded by your idiocy to see the logic in front of your face.

Not actively standing up against a bully (in this case CFA) makes you just as bad. By funding CFA, YOU, PERSONALLY are donating to groups that actively promote hate and discrimination. YOU are taking your money and giving it to an organization who actually thinks that homosexuals should be charged, criminally and jailed. YOU are as bad as the KKK and no different then your garden variety thug that beats a person for the orientation. Your silence makes you guilty. Your support makes you guilty.

Figure it out, it's not about a damn chicken sandwich or f'ing free speech.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That's it; you are on the naughty list.
    I reported her to field and game
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It's people like you who are fueling the high unemployment rates amongst elves. On a similar note Donner and Blitzen both got downsized today. I hope you are happy.

Downsized = butchered, packed, and frozen.

They're going to be DELICIOUS!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I reported her to field and game
    and now i reported her

she's gonna eat the reindeer! D:
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    and now i reported her

she's gonna eat the reindeer! D:
    I saw a reindoor at the zoo for the first time last week was amazing, looked so yummy!

I want to get some reindeer meat now.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i don't even know who you monsters are any more!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Downsized = butchered, packed, and frozen.

They're going to be DELICIOUS!
    Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
    Had a very tender loin
    We sliced him and sauteed him
    and served him with a nice red wine...

Picaro is offline Member
    C'mon down to Rudy's Reindeer Fill Eh ! " Where the burgers are primal, and we don't care who you're screwin' ! "

Edit: Now look what you've done. This thread is losing its....well, ...thread.

Cori has made Baby Jesus cry, and I'm making silly culinary jokes.
    Last edited by Picaro; 08-06-2012 at 11:58 PM.

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Really?

Where did you get that smelly piece of info? Do you speak for all homos?
    Given the enormous sample size of gay men in my social circle, I think I'm on pretty solid ground in my assertion. Most gay men have no interest in actually marrying. And that makes sense. As Karl Lagerfeld has noted, the whole point of the Gay Rights movement was to free gays of the tyranny of bourgeois morality. Having won their freedom, should they now rush headlong to adopt the customs of their oppressors? And of course I'm not saying that there are no gay men who want to marry. Obviously there are, and they should be free to do whatever they feel is best for them. But this highlights a fundamental problem with the framing of this entire debate. Ones equality should not be dependent upon whether one believes in marriage or not. Why should the gay man with a long term partner but no interest in marriage be discriminated against in terms of the law vs the gay man who marries his long term partner? If equal treatment before the law is dependent upon conforming to bourgeois values then aren't you really arguing for the same sort of mindset which just a few decades ago resulted in the horrific pressures that forced the vast majority of homosexuals to enter in to marriages and have children against their will?

Quote Originally Posted by bionicsamm View Post
    Not actively standing up against a bully (in this case CFA) makes you just as bad. By funding CFA, YOU, PERSONALLY are donating to groups that actively promote hate and discrimination.
    Meh. If you help fund any corporation that donates money to a political group (and all the major corporations do) you are donating to groups that promote hate and discrimination. So unless you are fine with never owning a computer, or a TV, or a car, or ever filling your car with gas, you better make your peace with being a party to hate and discrimination.
    Last edited by JWBooth; 08-07-2012 at 12:49 AM.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't take my political cues from fashion designers, sorry.

You may speak for *some* homos in *your* circle, but you certainly don't speak for us all, particularly women.

No one is forcing gay people who don't want to get married to get married, either.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast