Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to eat at Chick Fil A today page 2

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    +1

I wish we had Chick-Fil-A here. I'd totally go buy something.

The part that drives me crazy is that everyone seems to be thinking they're discriminating against people, or saying anything hateful. Ya know... I've been searching and scouring the web, and I fail to find anything Dan Cathy has said that can be construed as "hateful" towards gays. Being pro-traditional family doesn't mean you hate gays or discriminate against them. I mean, just because I choose to promote and support Primal lifestyle, doesn't mean I hate Veganism. Think about it. If you're pro-choice, does that also mean you hate life? (Well, maybe it does.) Furthermore, I give the guy credit for standing up for what he believes in, as unpopular as it may be. He's not out just chasing the almighty dollar, selling out his ethics for money. That's why I will support Chick-Fil-A.
    It's not just the fact that Cathy has said opinions, it's that he donates substantial amounts of money to organizations that are anti-gay, including "Exodus international," which claims it can "cure the gay". Actions speak louder than words.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    It's not just the fact that Cathy has said opinions, it's that he donates substantial amounts of money to organizations that are anti-gay, including "Exodus international," which claims it can "cure the gay". Actions speak louder than words.

If Cathy wanted to donate his personal income, whatevs I suppose. We're all entitled to support causes we believe in. That's private, personal opinion. But, when "the company" is donating a couple million bucks to anti-gay groups, then they're bringing politics into their business and are INVITING people to vote with their dollars. That's what people are reacting to...Not whether the individuals who work for or own the company can have whatever thoughts/opinions/ideas they want. I'll vote with not eating there.

that said, they make an awesome chicken sandwich.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    truth

but those damn grody waffle fries..
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    If Cathy wanted to donate his personal income, whatevs I suppose. We're all entitled to support causes we believe in. That's private, personal opinion. But, when "the company" is donating a couple million bucks to anti-gay groups, then they're bringing politics into their business and are INVITING people to vote with their dollars. That's what people are reacting to...Not whether the individuals who work for or own the company can have whatever thoughts/opinions/ideas they want. I'll vote with not eating there.

What Kennelmom said.

Business and business owners can do what they want (within legal limits). I don't care. Doesn't mean I have to support them. That's the magic of...Amerrriccaaaaaa! o/~

parrottrl is offline Member
    I think I'll choose Zaxby's instead, if I must eat restaurant chicken product. Otherwise, I'm cooking tonight. My boyfriend can actually cook a filet that tastes just like Chick Fil A, but less salty.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    All of it is processed to hell and back, best to avoid whenever possible.

I don't mind what the man believes, I just wish they'd use organic greens, vegs, fruits and healthy oils.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    what did you choose
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laura642 View Post
    Wow... whatever happened to a private business being able to make their own decisions. Why is it only OK when a business supports gay marriage? Just don't eat there if you do not agree abd give it a rest already.
    Just as they have the right to donate to whatever cause they choose, everyone else has the right to publicly excoriate them for being bigots, and to advocate boycotting their restaurants. Free speech and free association are two-way streets; your freedom of speech doesn't exempt you from the consequences of your words.

No one's saying that Chick-fil-A shouldn't be allowed to donate to anti-gay groups (well, maybe some people are, I don't know; but if so, they're wrong). But as for why it's OK to support gay marriage and "not OK" (in the sense of inviting shame and ridicule from progressives) to be anti-gay marriage, it's the same argument as being pro-interracial marriage or pro-civil rights. LGBT[and all the other letters, maybe I should just write queer? I don't know what the preferred term is] rights are the civil rights battle of our generation. Legal gay marriage is the logical and fair conclusion stemming from the beliefs that a) the government has no business dictating people's love lives or sexual practices and b) all people should be treated equally under the law, not just in the narrow, technical sense of "everyone is free to marry someone of the opposite sex" but in the broader and, yes, more liberal sense that "every adult is free to marry whomever they choose".

Progressives won't "give it a rest already" because it is a fight that needs to be won yesterday--because the the status quo is a gross injustice and a tragic failure of the majority of Americans to tolerate lifestyles, beliefs and behaviors that are different from their own.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

ecole66 is online now Senior Member
    The gay marriage debate is just more politicians trying to divide America even more. GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF MARRIAGE ALL TOGETHER. Let every union be a civil union in the eyes of the law. Let churches worry about marriage, if a gay couple can find a church to perform a ceremony so be it. Marriage is a biblical term and should have no place in american law.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    +1

I wish we had Chick-Fil-A here. I'd totally go buy something.

The part that drives me crazy is that everyone seems to be thinking they're discriminating against people, or saying anything hateful. Ya know... I've been searching and scouring the web, and I fail to find anything Dan Cathy has said that can be construed as "hateful" towards gays. Being pro-traditional family doesn't mean you hate gays or discriminate against them. I mean, just because I choose to promote and support Primal lifestyle, doesn't mean I hate Veganism. Think about it. If you're pro-choice, does that also mean you hate life? (Well, maybe it does.) Furthermore, I give the guy credit for standing up for what he believes in, as unpopular as it may be. He's not out just chasing the almighty dollar, selling out his ethics for money. That's why I will support Chick-Fil-A.
    Those 2 Chick-Fil-A brothers & their scion are the single richest family in the fast food business. Whatevah. I don't support boycotting them or their biz based on their personal beliefs nor their decisions to publically voice their views on gayness or whatever else they oppose/support... I don't personally support them COZ THEY SELL CRAP & call it food... But I don't boycott them. People are free to line up to buy the crap, they do it everyday. So get in line, kenn
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast