Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to eat at Chick Fil A today page 19

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you could come up with a similar list of companies that are "paying the price" for their association with left wing groups too. Whatever the potential fallout of gays and hard core leftists not shopping at Chick Fill-A, it pales in comparison to the revenue Chick Fill-A has been voluntarily forgoing since its inception by closing on Sundays.

I for one am glad that private companies with character and principles- like Chick Fill-A and Ben And Jerry's before it sold out, still exist. Nothing is more nauseating and offensive than the bland, offend no interest group or constituency and funnel all political money in equal amounts to the establishment of both main political parties attitude of the modern publicly traded corporation. One of the nice things about going Primal is you get to support a lot more of the smaller, private corporations that still have a soul. I love reading Dr. Bronner's goofy fine print diatribes on his soap bottles and the corny "newsletters" inserted in to every carton of Vital Farms eggs. Variety is the spice of life.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Well, if someone doesn't like 'da gays', then perhaps they shouldn't date one?!
    If someone doesn't like green shoes, perhaps they're allowed to not buy them?!
    If someone hates swimming, perhaps they should stop going into the water...

Why is it that when adults butt into complete strangers lives and tell them how they should be and tell them that their way is unacceptable...BUT when an 8 year old boy calls a girl with glasses a 4-eye, it's RUDE.

I guess some of us never really grow up.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post
    Most homosexuals, particularly male homosexuals, don't have the slightest desire to get married.
    Really?

Where did you get that smelly piece of info? Do you speak for all homos?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

The rise of atheism in America - The Week

Just one paragraph from the above link because it's a pretty long article to post in a forum.

Why are so many people leaving religion?
    It's primarily a backlash against the religious Right, say political scientists Robert Putnam and David Campbell. In their book, American Grace, they argue that the religious Right's politicization of faith in the 1990s turned younger, socially liberal Christians away from churches, even as conservatives became more zealous. The dropouts were turned off by churches' Old Testament condemnation of homosexuals, premarital sex, contraception, and abortion. The Catholic Church's sex scandals also prompted millions to equate religion with moralistic hypocrisy. "While the Republican base has become ever more committed to mixing religion and politics," Putnam and Campbell write, "the rest of the country has been moving in the opposite direction." As society becomes more secular, researchers say, doubters are more confident about identifying themselves as nonbelievers. "The collapse of institutional religion in the first 10 years of this century [has] freed so many people to say they don't really care," said author Diana Butler Bass.
    bolding mine.

Actually the article ends up pointing out that it's not really that fewer people believe in a sentient creator, but that more people are turned off by organized religion.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure that I'm atheist for the same reasons I'm not straight. It's just always been that way.

The God/Jesus stories were never any more impressive to me than Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.
    I got past them all at a very young age and wondered why other people would persist in such silliness.
    It just didn't make any sense to me, even as a young child.
    And that was WAY before I ran into the "who's right" issue due to multiple religions all claiming to have the one true answer.

I had a very lax upbringing in the matter of church though... if that matters?
    Of note... my husband maintains that he has had pretty much the same exact reaction to/feeling about religion as I have, and he was raised in a religious family, church on Sundays AND Wednesdays, and sent to private Christian school from 4th through 8th grade.

A while ago I read an article that implicated that there may be some sort of genetic predisposition to a persons religious fervor.
    I'd buy that.

I think that the growth of atheism (and/or agnosticism) is also, at least in part, due to people who have gone to church and played at being religious out of social obligation or pressure giving that up.
    I know several people in this category.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    The God/Jesus stories were never any more impressive to me than Santa Claus
    That's it; you are on the naughty list.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That's it; you are on the naughty list.
    It's a good thing I shop for my own christmas gifts!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It's a good thing I shop for my own christmas gifts!
    It's people like you who are fueling the high unemployment rates amongst elves. On a similar note Donner and Blitzen both got downsized today. I hope you are happy.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast