Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to eat at Chick Fil A today page 13

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'm late to the party, but let me get this straight(haha).....So they are gonna show up and order something and pay just so that they can sit there and make out for a bit?

Seems sorta counter productive doesn't it?

I mean they do have to order something don't they? That is still a rule when you walk into a fast food joint these days isn't it?
    Well... I certainly would't give them any money for the 'privilege'.
    Of course... there have been time when I've gone in, used the restroom, and left without ever buying a thing too... (at other fast food places while traveling).
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-03-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I wonder how they would feel if non-hetero couples showed up...
    Would they have them forcibly removed?
    They have not discriminated in whom they serve nor are they discriminatory in their hiring practices (as far as I am aware). I do not see what privilege people have to go onto private property to do anything besides buy their food. If people want to protest that is cool if it is on public sidewalks etc but if they were to go into the business to protest that would be trespassing would it not? At which point, even though I disagree with CFA's politics I would fully support having said protesters thrown out or arrested of course that would just add to the CFA hate, which I am guessing is the point.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    They have not discriminated in whom they serve nor are they discriminatory in their hiring practices (as far as I am aware). I do not see what privilege people have to go onto private property to do anything besides buy their food. If people want to protest that is cool if it is on public sidewalks etc but if they were to go into the business to protest that would be trespassing would it not? At which point, even though I disagree with CFA's politics I would fully support having said protesters thrown out or arrested of course that would just add to the CFA hate, which I am guessing is the point.
    Before the article was posted explaining I thought that they were holding hetero Kiss-Ins just like the "Support ChickfilA Day" thing... like inviting people to show up and do it.
    And was curious if they would discriminate if homosexual couples showed up too...
    It was a misunderstanding.

I have heard of some isolated incidences of rude language and name calling used towards homosexuals in some ChickfilA places (to the point they got no service and had to leave)... but I honestly believe that they were a matter of stupid employees saying stupid things, not something the company condones (mostly because to condone/encourage that behavior would be a legal nightmare).
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have heard of some isolated incidences of rude language and name calling used towards homosexuals in some ChickfilA places (to the point they got no service and had to leave)... but I honestly believe that they were a matter of stupid employees saying stupid things, not something the company condones (mostly because to condone/encourage that behavior would be a legal nightmare).
    That is unfortunate if it is the case, though I am sure it is the case in places that are not ChickfilA as well. The sad truth is that people by and large are morons. Personally I like seeing people in love. I couldn't give two shits what genitals they have in their pants. The world could use a little more PDA (within reason of course I am still a prude after all )
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

You can go into there and get free water. From a certain youtube video, you can even go through the drive through just for a free water. They had to do it in Arizona when I lived there. Water had to be given freely because it's hotter than hell. I'm not sure if that is the case with other states.

I imagine the kiss-in folks aren't actually buying anything. At least, I hope not.

That is unfortunate if it is the case, though I am sure it is the case in places that are not ChickfilA as well. The sad truth is that people by and large are morons. Personally I like seeing people in love. I couldn't give two shits what genitals they have in their pants. The world could use a little more PDA (within reason of course I am still a prude after all )

For EVERYbody!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
    You can go into there and get free water. From a certain youtube video, you can even go through the drive through just for a free water. They had to do it in Arizona when I lived there. Water had to be given freely because it's hotter than hell. I'm not sure if that is the case with other states.

I imagine the kiss-in folks aren't actually buying anything. At least, I hope not.
    This happened in Tuscon

Last edited by Nady; 08-03-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Yeah...

That is completely out of line to approach an employee and act as if that person had insulted you personally.

100% Douchebaggery!

If I want water I'll go to the next gas station and buy one, because I don't agree with Chickfila company policies (giving money to anti-gay groups) and just don't want to associate myself with them. Period. No need to go there at all.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Well, he posted this on Youtube, and lost his job as a result.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    They have not discriminated in whom they serve nor are they discriminatory in their hiring practices (as far as I am aware).

Chick-fil-A: Too “sinful” to fry chicken? - Salon.com
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast