Ive been on and off primal for about a year now. It seems like I can eat great for a few days, and then go on a sugar/grain binge. I really want to quit eating sugar and grains, and it seems doable for the first day or two, then I start craving sugar.

Im not sure if it's a physical or psychological craving, but it gets to the point to where all I think about is sweets. When I'm not working it's easier to eat better foods. I am a chef and I work around sugary food and grains all day long, so it gets REALLY hard to abstain when it's all in my face. Ive tried adding in more carbs, doing no carbs, and I always end up craving sugar again.

I guess what I'm looking for is some advice/guidance/encouragement about how to end the sugar cravings/binges for good. I may start a journal just to give myself some accountability. Has anybody else gone through something like this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

PS I'm 20 years old, male, 5'10", 165lbs, pretty active, fat loss/muscle building is my goal, if this info helps.
Thanks!