anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    bahahahaha!

OOOH. I'm so impressed. {faints}
    So, this bozo is 44. Hard to believe

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    And what else were these people eating besides meat?
    +1
    And was it grass fed beef, organic free range chicken, free range eggs, etc.......
    I doublt it.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Denise Minger is NOT a scientist, NOT a statistician (but she likes numbers, she says) and not a nutritionist. She is an English major who likes to write. Strange that people here always point others to her site when asked for a scientific proof.
    I don't care if Dewnise Minger is a homeless woman on the streets. That doesn't affect the quality of her arguements.

Point out something (anything!) wrong in her evisceration of the china study that effectively rebuts her points.

Hint: You won'tbe able to because her analysis is higher quality than Campbells original. Even the 'weak' and 'flawed' analysis is done deliberately because it copies Campbells own methodologies and exposes how useless his methods are to use to reach the (predetermined) conclusions he reached.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Denise Minger is NOT a scientist, NOT a statistician (but she likes numbers, she says) and not a nutritionist. She is an English major who likes to write. Strange that people here always point others to her site when asked for a scientific proof.
    Yet she happens to be right. Or do you need a piece of paper from a university before you can comment on health matters, because that would make all of our opinions on health void, including Mark Sisson.

joegambler0 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks majicmerl for turning me on to Denise Minger.
    I thought the documentary Forks over Knives was providing me with absolute prove that meat was bad for us.
    I'm so clad I asked the question I did on this forum so I can learn about Denise Minger and realized that the documentary was bending the truth to provide a vegan's point of view.
    I never wanted to: "You're perfectly free to abstain from meat and dairy. It's your life after all."
    I justed wanted to make to make sure that eating the right type of animal products is a healthy decision.
    I'll stay with my diet of eating everything that is healthy including organic animal products.

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I don't care if Dewnise Minger is a homeless woman on the streets. That doesn't affect the quality of her arguements.

Point out something (anything!) wrong in her evisceration of the china study that effectively rebuts her points.

Hint: You won'tbe able to because her analysis is higher quality than Campbells original. Even the 'weak' and 'flawed' analysis is done deliberately because it copies Campbells own methodologies and exposes how useless his methods are to use to reach the (predetermined) conclusions he reached.
    Just because what she wrote exceeds your understanding of statistics and nutrition and supports your own eating habits does not prove that she has refuted anything.
    BTW, her sarcasm is pathetic but I can see how it appeals to some country bumpkins here.
    Last edited by KathyH; 08-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    I am sorry but I don't function on this level. Find someone else for similar "conversations."
    dr anna
    I am sorry that I made you cry

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Yet she happens to be right.
    So you say

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh goody. A new vegetarian troll visits the forum and pushes Forks over Knives. Like this hasn't happened a million times already.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Quote Originally Posted by joegambler0 View Post
    Thanks majicmerl for turning me on to Denise Minger.
    I thought the documentary Forks over Knives was providing me with absolute prove that meat was bad for us.
    I'm so clad I asked the question I did on this forum so I can learn about Denise Minger and realized that the documentary was bending the truth to provide a vegan's point of view.
    I never wanted to: "You're perfectly free to abstain from meat and dairy. It's your life after all."
    I justed wanted to make to make sure that eating the right type of animal products is a healthy decision.
    I'll stay with my diet of eating everything that is healthy including organic animal products.

Response to Denise Minger 1: Scrupulous - YouTube
    Just to confuse you even more.
    Last edited by KathyH; 08-05-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast