Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Meat and Dairy page 4

  1. #31
    anna5's Avatar
    anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    346
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    bahahahaha!

    OOOH. I'm so impressed. {faints}
    So, this bozo is 44. Hard to believe

  2. #32
    mom5booklover's Avatar
    mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    And what else were these people eating besides meat?
    +1
    And was it grass fed beef, organic free range chicken, free range eggs, etc.......
    I doublt it.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

  3. #33
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,904
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Denise Minger is NOT a scientist, NOT a statistician (but she likes numbers, she says) and not a nutritionist. She is an English major who likes to write. Strange that people here always point others to her site when asked for a scientific proof.
    I don't care if Dewnise Minger is a homeless woman on the streets. That doesn't affect the quality of her arguements.

    Point out something (anything!) wrong in her evisceration of the china study that effectively rebuts her points.

    Hint: You won'tbe able to because her analysis is higher quality than Campbells original. Even the 'weak' and 'flawed' analysis is done deliberately because it copies Campbells own methodologies and exposes how useless his methods are to use to reach the (predetermined) conclusions he reached.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  4. #34
    AMonkey's Avatar
    AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Denise Minger is NOT a scientist, NOT a statistician (but she likes numbers, she says) and not a nutritionist. She is an English major who likes to write. Strange that people here always point others to her site when asked for a scientific proof.
    Yet she happens to be right. Or do you need a piece of paper from a university before you can comment on health matters, because that would make all of our opinions on health void, including Mark Sisson.

  5. #35
    joegambler0's Avatar
    joegambler0 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5
    Thanks majicmerl for turning me on to Denise Minger.
    I thought the documentary Forks over Knives was providing me with absolute prove that meat was bad for us.
    I'm so clad I asked the question I did on this forum so I can learn about Denise Minger and realized that the documentary was bending the truth to provide a vegan's point of view.
    I never wanted to: "You're perfectly free to abstain from meat and dairy. It's your life after all."
    I justed wanted to make to make sure that eating the right type of animal products is a healthy decision.
    I'll stay with my diet of eating everything that is healthy including organic animal products.

  6. #36
    KathyH's Avatar
    KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I don't care if Dewnise Minger is a homeless woman on the streets. That doesn't affect the quality of her arguements.

    Point out something (anything!) wrong in her evisceration of the china study that effectively rebuts her points.

    Hint: You won'tbe able to because her analysis is higher quality than Campbells original. Even the 'weak' and 'flawed' analysis is done deliberately because it copies Campbells own methodologies and exposes how useless his methods are to use to reach the (predetermined) conclusions he reached.
    Just because what she wrote exceeds your understanding of statistics and nutrition and supports your own eating habits does not prove that she has refuted anything.
    BTW, her sarcasm is pathetic but I can see how it appeals to some country bumpkins here.
    Last edited by KathyH; 08-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.

  7. #37
    KathyH's Avatar
    KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    I am sorry but I don't function on this level. Find someone else for similar "conversations."
    dr anna
    I am sorry that I made you cry

  8. #38
    KathyH's Avatar
    KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Yet she happens to be right.
    So you say

  9. #39
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    8,702
    Oh goody. A new vegetarian troll visits the forum and pushes Forks over Knives. Like this hasn't happened a million times already.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

  10. #40
    KathyH's Avatar
    KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by joegambler0 View Post
    Thanks majicmerl for turning me on to Denise Minger.
    I thought the documentary Forks over Knives was providing me with absolute prove that meat was bad for us.
    I'm so clad I asked the question I did on this forum so I can learn about Denise Minger and realized that the documentary was bending the truth to provide a vegan's point of view.
    I never wanted to: "You're perfectly free to abstain from meat and dairy. It's your life after all."
    I justed wanted to make to make sure that eating the right type of animal products is a healthy decision.
    I'll stay with my diet of eating everything that is healthy including organic animal products.

    Response to Denise Minger 1: Scrupulous - YouTube
    Just to confuse you even more.
    Last edited by KathyH; 08-05-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •