Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meat and Dairy page 3

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Nothing strange about it. She has a brilliant analytical mind, sufficient knowledge of biology and nutrition and incredible (for her age at least) ability to focus which allows her to look and find scientific proofs and present in a charming way.
    You are being sarcastic, right?

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    I am not a nutritional expert, but ... I doubt that B12 is the only thing missing from a vegan diet. There also countless amino acids, proteins and similar stuff. Women are told to add countless animal derived supplements to help their bones (lactoferrin for example). Trust me, there is a difference whether this or that stuff went through some stomach factory or not. Something tells me that hunter gatherers sent this vitamin through some animal stomach before ... using it. Quite a difference.
    You are making things up. Because you doubt something doesn't prove anything. Which women are told to add countless animal derived supplements to help their bones, and who is telling them to do that? No one ever told me to do that, should I ask someone whether I should be adding supplements?
    Something tells you that hunters gatherers sent B12 through some animal stomach before using it. What is that something that tells you that?
    Last edited by KathyH; 08-03-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Spend a couple of month not eating meat and dairy. If you feel better, keep on. if you feel worse, add it back in. All men must die. Enjoy the best quality of life till then, and don't worry what % of people die of cancer in China in 1956-1975 as compared to Papua New Guiney in 1948-1989...
    Best advice ever.

I am not a nutritional expert, but ... I doubt that B12 is the only thing missing from a vegan diet. There also countless amino acids, proteins and similar stuff. Women are told to add countless animal derived supplements to help their bones (lactoferrin for example). Trust me, there is a difference whether this or that stuff went through some stomach factory or not. Something tells me that hunter gatherers sent this vitamin through some animal stomach before ... using it. Quite a difference.
    b12 is basically the only essential vitamin missing from a vegan diet. And even b12 years takes years to deplete, so there's a good chance we can go long periods without meat consumption. Low carbers like to tell everyone how there's no essential dietary requirement for carbohydrate. That's true, but there's also no essential requirement for saturated fats or animal protein.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    You are making things up. Because you doubt something doesn't prove anything. Which women are told to add countless animal derived supplements to help their bones, and who is telling them to do that? No one ever told me to do that, should I ask someone whether I should be adding supplements?
    Something tells you that hunters gatherers sent B12 through some animal stomach before using it. What is that something that tells you that?
    I am sorry but I don't function on this level. Find someone else for similar "conversations."
    dr anna

June68 is offline Senior Member
    She's baaaack.

5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Denise Minger is NOT a scientist, NOT a statistician (but she likes numbers, she says) and not a nutritionist. She is an English major who likes to write. Strange that people here always point others to her site when asked for a scientific proof.
    Is that you, Dr. Campbell? LOL! What, specifically, did she get wrong?

June68 is offline Senior Member
    bahahahaha!

OOOH. I'm so impressed. {faints}
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Quote Originally Posted by AuH2Ogirl View Post
    Is that you, Dr. Campbell? LOL! What, specifically, did she get wrong?
    Yes, there is some orchestrated campaign terrorizing non-vegans.

You are being sarcastic, right?
    No, and I am not known for patience. I have little patience for ignorant and aggressive people who know nothing, nothing, nothing, but just have a short list of things to know - you buy at Tiffany, you look at the titles etc. You don't have to study art/art history for several years to be able to judge art well yourself, you don't have to know how academy works and what scholars/scientists actually do, just look at the label or title and buy or repeat.
    You are ignorant.
    Last edited by anna5; 08-03-2012 at 11:07 AM.

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by joegambler0 View Post
    I don't follow any particular lifestyle diet like Primal, Vegan, Vegetarian, etc.

Lately my concern has been meat and animal products

I seen Forks over Knives

animal products have the highest rate of cancer and heart attacks.

It says in the Bible we should adopt a vegan diet

it has been proven that vegetarian's live longer, animal products make our bodies acidic and cause inflammation.

millions of healthy, educated, intelligent vegans

Don't get me wrong, I'm not undercover here pushing towards Veganism.
    Oh, I agree, calling it "undercover" might be stretching things.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast