Page 9 of 91 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 9

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    * Iodine deficiency is the main cause for thyroid nodules.
    * Thyroid Nodules Cured With Iodine

Just a quick outline:

July 4th: found a lump on my neck while looking in the mirror. Felt it...about the size of a small egg, moved up and down when I swallowed.

July 5th: went to the health center, got blood test and ultrasound done.

July 10th: results came back: blood test showed normal thyroid hormones. Ultrasound showed two nodules, size 2.9 and 2.1. Most likely benign but biopsy was suggested due to the size.

Between July 5th and July 10th: I read online and found that Iodine deficiency is the main cause for thyroid nodules. I read the iodine threads on mda and jackkruse.com (I also post on those forums using the same id), asked questions there (thanks Grizz and others who replied) and started to supplement iodine from Saturday July 7th. I also ate a lot of seaweeds and oysters starting that weekend. I couldn't find Lugol's iodine or iodoral locally so I used potassium Iodide that my local vitaminshoppe carried for nuclear emergency... I was using about 50mg a day. The nodules reacted almost immediately to the iodide... the lump was obviously smaller right away, felt softer too, and became about half the original size within a few days. I ordered iodoral and lugol's online and when my order arrived I had just finished the bottle of potassium iodine so I continued to take iodoral 50mg daily.

July 12: saw a doctor who again suggested biopsy. The only reason for the biopsy was the size of the nodules. He was also against iodine supplementation. But by then the lump has shrunk so much I knew I'm better off sticking to iodine. I also read online the potential problems with biopsy so I decided not to have the biopsy. Instead I'll take iodine for a few months and repeat the ultrasound to see how much the nodules have shrunk.

Since then I have been taking 50mg iodoral daily with all the cofactors. There was a day or two I took more than 50mg, and there were days when I added lugol's to my water... I don't think I ever did more than 75mg in any day. Very mild detox, if any, mostly in the forms of stinky sweat, slight headache occasionally, and loose bowels occasionally. The benefits include increased energy, feeling more motivated, and oh I got so much done lately nothing seems difficult any more.

The lump was not noticeable since a few weeks ago, and now is hardly palpable. I still see a small lump moving when I swallow but it's so much smaller than before... maybe less than 1/3 the size now.

So this is my one month iodine supplementation summary. Will update again in another month.

I'm taking 75mg today (37.5 at breakfast, 37.5 later).
    My experience - shrinking thyroid nodules with iodine supplementation at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1970777)
    Youthfuliz will find out for us why her doctor told her not to supplement with iodine. We thank Youthfuliz for her heartwarming testimonial.

For those of you who are serious about learning the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol, join with the experts here at the Curezone:
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 266, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

Doctors reports, iodine research, testimonials, procedures and more here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-04-2012 at 08:58 AM.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Someone frustrated the flounce off, en masse, to another site did not work

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    * Iodine deficiency is the main cause for thyroid nodules.
    * Thyroid Nodules Cured With Iodine

Grizz

...SPAMMER ALERT...hebs

ps...please go away Grizz! We've already lost one thread because of you, don't make it two!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grizz is offline Banned
    How much KI (iodine)should I take?

The FDA has approved two different forms of KI—tablets and liquid—that people can take by mouth after a nuclear radiation emergency. Tablets come in two strengths, 130 milligram (mg) and 65 mg. The tablets are scored so they may be cut into smaller pieces for lower doses. Each milliliter (mL) of the oral liquid solution contains 65 mg of KI.
    According to the FDA, the following doses are appropriate to take after internal contamination with (or likely internal contamination with) radioactive iodine:
    Adults should take 130 mg (one 130 mg tablet OR two 65 mg tablets OR two mL of solution).
    Women who are breastfeeding should take the adult dose of 130 mg.
    Children between 3 and 18 years of age should take 65 mg (one 65 mg tablet OR 1 mL of solution). Children who are adult size (greater than or equal to 150 pounds) should take the full adult dose, regardless of their age.
    Infants and children between 1 month and 3 years of age should take 32 mg ( of a 65 mg tablet OR mL of solution). This dose is for both nursing and non-nursing infants and children.
    Newborns from birth to 1 month of age should be given 16 mg ( of a 65 mg tablet or mL of solution). This dose is for both nursing and non-nursing newborn infants.
    More here:
    CDC Radiation Emergencies | Potassium Iodide (KI)
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Iodine Successfully Treats Breast Cancer

Image: Pet scan showing breast cancer )(red arrows) Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons. More photos in the article below

Dr. David Brownstein Reports Spontaneous Regression of Breast Cancer After Iodine

In his Iodine book, David Brownstein MD reports three cases of spontaneous regression of breast cancer after iodine supplementation.(1)(page 63)

The first patient, Joan a 63 year old English teacher, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1989, declined conventional treatment, and took 50 mg per day of Iodoral, (Iodine). Six weeks later, a PET scan (left image) showed, "all of the existing tumors were disintegrating".

The second patient, 73 year old Delores, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2003. She declined conventional treatment with radiation and chemotherapy. Instead, Dolores took 50 mg of Iodoral daily. A follow up ultrasound of the breast 18 months later showed," It appears that these malignancies have diminished in size since the last examination. Interval improvement is definitely seen," Two years later a follow up mammogram and ultrasound failed to show any abnormality and were read by the radiologist as normal.

The third patient, 52 year old Joyce was diagnosed with breast cancer two years prior (left image), and started on Iodoral 50 mg per day. Three years after starting Iodoral, her follow up mammograms and ultrasound exams show decreasing size of the tumor with no progression.(1)

Iodine Deficiency Causes Breast Cancer - The Overwhelming Evidence

Rest of the article with more photos
    Jeffrey Dach MD Bio-Identical Hormone Blog: Iodine Treats Breast Cancer, Overwhelming Evidence by Jeffrey Dach MD
    Grizz

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...SPAMMER ALERT...hebs

ps...please go away Grizz! We've already lost one thread because of you, don't make it two!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hebsie is a spammer?

Seriously, it was post like this one of Hebsie's that inflamed the situation.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Hebsie is a spammer?

Seriously, it was post like this one of Hebsie's that inflamed the situation.
    John,
    You are absolutely correct, my good man.

I am available here to answer legitimate, polite questions and post factual messages. I will no longer be dragged into inflammatory, nit picking, rude messages by you know who. Any such messages will go immediately on ignore, without notice.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-04-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    To Grizz:

Welcome back! I am very glad to see you. Please keep a few things in mind and I think we can all get along.

1) Avoid any negative responses to anyone. Simply state your case and if others post a contrary opinion, so be it. If they call you names, then that is on them. (I kind of feel like this is your plan, so good for you!)

2) Avoid posting too many things at once. Allow time for digestion and discussion. If you are flooding the discussion, it diminishes what you are trying to say (just my opinion.)

3) Treat everyone with respect. Consider if you would say to them in a face-to-face conversation over coffee what you are typing. Treat everyone how you would like to be treated.

And to everyone else:

1) Grizz has a right to participate in this discussion, just like you.

2) Treat him (and others) how you would want to be treated. Also, consider if you would say to his face what you are typing.

Carry on with the new, civil Iodine discussion.

Grizz is offline Banned
    How much Iodine do I need to take?
    ==========================
    There are no amounts that can be given as a blanket recommendation. Everyone needs different amounts based on their body’s ability to utilize the nutrients as well as the level of toxic halide exposure they have each day. If you are dealing with a severe health condition then your dosages would need to be higher than those trying to maintain good health.
    a. Maintenance – It was once believed that a good maintenance dose is 25 mgs per day. But with more information being gained about the exposures to halides bombarding our systems (bromides, fluorides, chlorine) as well as mercury, etc.,
    maintenance of health may require higher doses of iodine. The iodine doctors are now beginning to believe that 50 mgs may be the minimum required dose.
    b. Cancer – Cancer is a result of mutated cells. Iodine is absolutely critical for something called P53 gene which is known as the “keeper of the genetic code”. Without iodine and selenium it will not function to eliminate abnormal cells from
    the body such as cancer. Cancer patients have taken anywhere from 50 – 300 mgs / day successfully. Here is a good article on how P53 works with the mdm2 in cancer Enzyme's Cancer-promoting Activities Linked To Inactivation Of 'Genome Guardian' For
    information on the P53 and Iodine see the Minerals for the Genetic Code book.

c. Children – These are the levels that I gave my children at the various ages. This is not meant to be a recommendation but a guideline for what was safe for my (Dr. Buist) children and others I have been in contact with.

General guidelines suggest .08 mg x the weight of the child but is dependent on the health condition.

i. Up to 3 years – 3 drops of Detoxified Iodine (Iodine Source - Your resource for detoxified iodine.) per day or take 1 drop of 5% Lugol’s solution in water and then take of the water and give it to the child.his results in 3.125 mg / dose.
    ii. 3yrs to 5 yrs – 6.25 mgs of Iodoral or 1 drop 5% Lugols Solution (6.25 mg)
    iii. 5 yrs to 9 yrs – 12.5 mgs of Iodoral or 2 drops 5% Lugols Solution (12.5 mg)
    iv. 9 yrs to 16 yrs – 25 mgs of Iodoral or 4 drops 5% Lugols Solution (25 mg)
    v. 16 yrs and up – will depend on health issues, weight, etc and cannot be
    given in generalities. Dosages range from 12.5 mgs to 300 mgs.

From Dr. Buists "Iodine Supplementation Guide" Download your own free copy here:
    Iodine | Stepping Stones Living, LLC
    There, I believe I've answered everyone's questions. Any more questions?

Grizz

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Youthfuliz will find out for us why her doctor told her not to supplement with iodine. We thank Youthfuliz for her heartwarming testimonial.

For those of you who are serious about learning the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol, join with the experts here at the Curezone:
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 266, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:Grizz
    Perhaps her sensible doctor thought it wasn't a good idea to flood her thyroid with so much iodine. She may have "cured" the nodules but still given herself hypothyroidism as a side effect.

Also, since she refused to have a biopsy, she still doesn't know if the nodules were benign or not. She could have cancer metaticizing all over her body and she wouldn't know it. The ostrich approach to medical treatment at its finest.

For everyone who just wants an echo chamber about the infallibility of Dr. B, please do go join the "experts" at the curezone.

What do nuclear radiation emergency tablets have to do with anything?

Iodine Successfully Treats Breast CancerGrizz
    Again, a report of a report from Dr. B. Who wants to sell you iodine.
    Iodine is an essential element of a healthy body. Agreed. Therefor keeping a healthy level of it in your body probably helps your body protect against lots of things including cancer. However, iodine is not and never has been a cure for cancer. This is snake oil, pure and simple.

Cancer can and does sometimes go into spontaneous remission with or without any type of remedy. Dr. B got a photo of this and proclaims successful treatment and the gullible line up to give him money. For all we know, those could be two photos put in the opposite order chronologically as the tumor got worse.

"Dr". B is not a real doctor. He is a "research physician" paid by a company that makes iodine supplements and the supplements that you "need" to take with your supplements to avoid "detox" reactions which look suspiciously like iodine poisoning. The man is a huckster and I do not trust one word he says.

Grizz drank his cool aid and I feel sorry for him for being so easily fooled.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-04-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Page 9 of 91 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast