Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 87

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=Paysan;939072][QUOTE=JamesS;938420]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post

On the forums I do frequent, one point is made over and over that you do not need to pay those high prices (hah!) for iodine. I mean, look at the exhorbitant costs- the highest I remember was $26 for 10 oz of 5% Lugols. Horrors! Youtube has several videos showing how to make your own. Somehow, I don't think those iodine docs are making much money off their most ardent supporters. OTOH, w/o personal experience, I can only speculate how much money nuclear medicine can make off radioactive iodine.
    Something does not have to be expensive to be poisonous. I can go out and pick oleander for free, which is very poisonous and can kill me.

You also don't seem to understand simple economics. A person can make more money selling a larger volume of a product cheaply than they can selling less of the product at a much higher price. And by convincing your customers that you need even more of the product they go through the bottles faster than they would by using proper doses. Of course if your customers are getting sick from poisoning themselves from the product they are not going to stick with it. So they need to convince their customers that their symptoms are not from the product, but at the same time make sure they are treating their iodine poisoning with salt flushes so they go through those bottles of iodine faster so they can sell more.

As far as there being instructions on the internet so what? Most people will not take the time to make their own. You can find the instructions for making Silly Putty inline as well but the makers are still making a great living off of selling the stuff because most people will not take the time to make their own.

James, I won't get into a tit for tat argument with you. You have been at great pains to ensure everyone here knows your opinion, and where it is at odds with those who propose iodine as a partial solution to some problems. Your opinion is acceptable, as long as it doesn't denigrate another honest opinion also formed by evidence.
    What evidence? You mean like the book that supposedly claimed that iodine pushed more bromine out through the urine even though links to the book showed this was never stated? Or the same book that was discussing rat studies using radioactive methyl bromide that you accept as evidence while implying that tests with radioactive iodine do not count? By the way I am still waiting for your answer as to how you expect them to measure the half life of iodine in the body. Or the same book that showed a very rapid elimination of bromide from the body that you ignored even though you posted the evidence?

You have been at great pains to demonize iodine and exonerate bromine. Pardon us if we got the wrong impression.
    How have I demonized iodine? I have CLEARLY stated various times that iodine is essential to the body just like water. But I have also stated that too much of either can be dangerous. Am I wrong? Please answer, was I wrong or not?

As for the bromine how have I exonerated bromine? Again, I have CLEARLY stated that bromine can be toxic. But as with iodine this would take a significant exposure and build up, which is very rare partially due to its rapid excretion and the higher exposure to other compounds that increase its excretion rate even more.

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    I made my own iodine

Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    I made my own iodine
    I didn't know you had your own personal nuclear reactor.

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Wash.

Rinse.

Repeat.

I may not necessarily agree with his posting style, but the content of what JamesS is saying makes absolute sense. Correct me if I'm wrong (anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?) but isn't he basically saying that there is no "standard" dose that will work for everyone and that we need to use caution when adding supplements...any supplements...and to err on the lower side rather than the higher side. More is not necessarily better. Unless you're talking kettle chips. Then more is definitely better.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    and again, just because someone disagrees on safe dosage DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE 'DEMONIZING' ANYTHING

LEARNNN....

TO READ
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    Wash.

Rinse.

Repeat.

I may not necessarily agree with his posting style, but the content of what JamesS is saying makes absolute sense. Correct me if I'm wrong (anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?) but isn't he basically saying that there is no "standard" dose that will work for everyone and that we need to use caution when adding supplements...any supplements...and to err on the lower side rather than the higher side. More is not necessarily better. Unless you're talking kettle chips. Then more is definitely better.
    You and your dammed salty snacks are trying to KILL Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Yes... I'm jealous. Frickin low sodium diet. *sobbbbssss*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Iodine can cause breakouts on some individuals since the iodine can inflame the pores as i is excreted through the skin. This has nothing to do with bromine. Same reason milk has been known to cause acne in some individuals. The milk has high levels of iodine that inflames the pores.
    And bromide can't cause break outs - FU JamesS. Sorry, I'm not particularly articulate.

I didn't know you had your own personal nuclear reactor.
    [QUOTE=JamesS;939082][QUOTE=Paysan;939072]

As far as there being instructions on the internet so what? Most people will not take the time to make their own. You can find the instructions for making Silly Putty inline as well but the makers are still making a great living off of selling the stuff because most people will not take the time to make their own.
    sorry, my posting skills suck, but once again "I MADE MY OWN" (without a nuclear reactor)

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=Ferti;939309][QUOTE=JamesS;939082]

sorry, my posting skills suck, but once again "I MADE MY OWN" (without a nuclear reactor)
    How do you make iodine? I'm too lazy to Google that right now.

Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast