Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 82

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    You never . . .??!!

Although, my wife reports having a mailbox talk to her.
    My brother insisted the terry cloth towels threads were moving (like sea creatures).

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    Then why do you keep bringing her up so you can insult her again?

If you don't agree with someone, do as you claim that you have done and ignore them. Don't continue to bring that poster's name up ad nauseum and continue to bash them and reiterate over and over again how annoying you find them. Just ignore them.
    Ummm, because ElaineC brought it up and asked me that question.

Why not ask ElaineC why she raised it again when the thread had well and truly moved on.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    This. I can't see why such a great contributor to these threads has been so vilified.
    Because she thinks she owns the place? From what I can tell from private messages about it (seems there are a few going around behind the scenes, not just to me, from a number of other posters' comments) there is a bubbling resentment about the way she throws her weight around and is so vocal and smug and patronizing. This thread, especially the way she was so rude to James, appears to have brought it to a head. I can see the basis for the reaction.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    I didn't follow the thread, but I glanced at Elaine's comment and found it scary - NO concept of ethics and aggressive, intimidating, style of "manipulative memos." Scary. Yeah, it matters to the world whether one climbs or not. Sure. These are the people who were utterly disgusting in past ... aggressive, bigoted, bullying. I'll stop here.
    I'd just like to say that I *didn't* find Elaine's comment scary.

Of course, the discussion and civilized debate seems to be gone by the wayside.

I personally rehydrate Nori sheets in warm water, shred them, and sprinkle them through other food like stir frys.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post

I personally rehydrate Nori sheets in warm water, shred them, and sprinkle them through other food like stir frys.
    Good idea. Right before using them? Do they go all soggy and break up or clump up?

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Seeing as the peripheral discussion just won't die,
    I'll just throw my 2 cents in,

Paleobird,
    I have found some of your posts to be dismissive and sometimes snarky and other posts to be quite informative, likewise with James some good info as well, but also dismissive and rude if it was an opposing view.
    So what it doesn't phase me either way, if I feel bothered enough I will go play with google for a while, gather my information arsenal and fire away, that's what happens in these internet discussion groups, most of the time I just let people dig their own holes though, it's their journey and who am I to stop them fulfilling their destiny.
    Everyone shows their true colours in the end.

I did find it amusing for a while with the Private Journal discussions and the concurrent chestbeating occuring on the iodine thread, with both camps gathering strength in preparation for the next assult and then this mention of the PM's, which probably occured on both sides as well, this takes the cake.
    The only thing I could think of was the pubescent schoolgirls gathering in their "Bitchy" little groups, frantically texting on their mobile phones and garnering support so they have the courage to front the opposing group leader and say something nasty like "Did your outfit come from a Charity Bin?" (not being from that demographic, best I could think of).
    I don't know what the history has been and don't really care, get over it people all you self appointed defenders and attackers, let it go.
    Paleobird is a big girl now she can take care of herself and if others can not let go of persistantly attacking her character well that only shows up their own character flaws.

I think most people would like to classify themselves as adults, well then step up to the mark and behave that way.

I would like to hear more about Iodine though.
    Last edited by Omni; 08-23-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    Good idea. Right before using them? Do they go all soggy and break up or clump up?
    well, I tear them into fingernail sized chunks first. I want them to break up/turn into paste. I'm putting them in stuff I serve the kids, so I don't want it to be too recognisable (even if they help me with the shredding)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    well, I tear them into fingernail sized chunks first. I want them to break up/turn into paste. I'm putting them in stuff I serve the kids, so I don't want it to be too recognisable (even if they help me with the shredding)
    Haha, what a great trick. I'll try it, thanks for the idea.

Paleobird Guest
    Nori sheets are also great for wrapping stuff that would "normally" go in a sandwich like tuna salad or whatever. Sort of an Asian fusion burrito.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Nori sheets are also great for wrapping stuff that would "normally" go in a sandwich like tuna salad or whatever. Sort of an Asian fusion burrito.
    I don't really like eating Nori dry, when when it's moistened I find it tears very easily (basically only works with sushi). How can you use it as a wrap?

Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast