Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 8

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Yes, I seconded it. Are you blind? PB and her friends are responsible just as Grizz is for that thread being closed.
    Rubbish. That thread was closed purely because Grizz kept complaining to the moderators. There have been far more abusive comments in other threads without them being closed.

These threads are about IODINE SUPPLEMENTATION. If someone doesn't believe in it, why are they continuously posting here? If you think you should get all of their iodine naturally, then speak your mind, continue eating your kelp, but leave this thread to those of us who want to supplement with Iodoral or Lugols or some other form of iodine.
    Read the thread title - it says "Iodine: a discussion...". If you want a thread titled "Supplementing with Iodoral or Lugols: a discussion for people who don't want anyone to disagree with them" then why don't you go & start one, or take Grizz's advice & head over to the Curezone love-in.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i sense a cognitive dissonance in the force, with a helping of unneccesary douchebaggery
    duhprincess, the person who got the iodine thread shut down was grizz. you can blame him for that. he reported everyone who had a different opinion than him, multiple times. and when you have to deal with that much sheer stupidity over so many days, yeah, you're gonna lock the damn thread

READ-ING COMP-RE-HEN-SION. it's good to have. it's good to implement.

eta: i have pcos. i take iodine. i still have pcos.
    you know what makes pcos symptoms go away? low carbs and zero wheat products
    I think this is what is going on with a lot of the iodine "miracle cures" seen here. People are getting healthier on all fronts due to PB living. Confound those confounding variables.

The thread continued as Grizz had PaleoBird on ignore, and had nothing more to say to or about her. But that didn't stop her or her minions from continuing to attack Grizz.
    I didn't know I had minions. I've always wanted to have minions. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    Paleobird didn't say you shouldn't use something because someone is making a profit on it. She (and others) said that when someone is claiming that a product has a lot of health benefits, and they also happen to be making money on that product, then one should take that with a grain of salt and look for objective verification of the claims. That is not the same as saying that you shouldn't use or buy the product, and it's light years away from saying that you shouldn't buy something simply because someone is making a profit on it. So your entire rant was based on something that she didn't say, and then you got yourself so wound up that you lost your sense of decency and tried to use her past bout with cancer against her. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    +1 DuhPrincess, those kind of offensive comments in your post are exactly what got the other thread locked. Keep on thinking it was because others were trying to be the necessary voice of reason in that thread or that they oppose any iodine supplementation. You are just not taking in what's being said if you don't see that. Owl-you seconded that garbage? Nice.

Yes, I seconded it. Are you blind? PB and her friends are responsible just as Grizz is for that thread being closed. They are the main perpetrators of offensive posts.

These threads are about IODINE SUPPLEMENTATION. If someone doesn't believe in it, why are they continuously posting here? If you think you should get all of their iodine naturally, then speak your mind, continue eating your kelp, but leave this thread to those of us who want to supplement with Iodoral or Lugols or some other form of iodine.
    This thread is for everyone who thinks that iodine may or may not be a good idea to supplement (or eat). All opinions are valid. Please don't make the same mistake Grizz did in making this a temple only for the true believers of Brownstein and all infidels are called trolls.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    Read the thread title - it says "Iodine: a discussion...". If you want a thread titled "Supplementing with Iodoral or Lugols: a discussion for people who don't want anyone to disagree with them" then why don't you go & start one, or take Grizz's advice & head over to the Curezone love-in.
    Cross post. I <3 Radialhead.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Cross post. I <3 Radialhead.
    minions, sex slave, potatoes potahtoes
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Did someone say Minions?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Sceptic is offline Member
    Rubbish. That thread was closed purely because Grizz kept complaining to the moderators. There have been far more abusive comments in other threads without them being closed.
    It would be against the rules to discuss moderator actions, but theoretically if a thread were to get numerous posts being reported without adequate reason by one (or more) of the more prolific posters on said thread, I would be completely unsurprised to see that thread being locked.

I'm in agreement with the general thrust of this paragraph. The thread is for discussing the merits of iodine, iodine supplementation, the rationale behind different dosage levels of iodine supplementation, and other related matters.

We all need to be able to see that while others may have opinions that differ from our own, they're not necessarily completely bonkers

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot of Brits are probably iodine deficient since we don't have iodinised salt and we don't eat a lot of seafood (despite being an island nation!). Thus the iodine deficiency may contribute to minor health ailments. That said the people in the other iodine thread where flat out insane. "You have erectile problems? Iodine will cure what ails you!" "You aren't sleeping well? Try some iodine!" "You are fat? Iodine!".

I supplemented like 10mg of iodine a day with Lugols solution for a few weeks, didn't make any difference to my health. So even if I am iodine deficient, its not a big deal.
    Last edited by AMonkey; 08-03-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Squidwashere is offline Junior Member
    Hi all

Am using Nori (sushi wrappers) to wrap up my scrambed eggs for
    breakfast wraps! Sooo good!
    and because there's a bit of moisture going on with the eggs
    they stick and hold together pretty well.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Squidwashere View Post
    Hi all

Am using Nori (sushi wrappers) to wrap up my scrambed eggs for
    breakfast wraps! Sooo good!
    and because there's a bit of moisture going on with the eggs
    they stick and hold together pretty well.
    That sounds wonderful.

I also do nori wraps with tuna or salmon salad inside.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Many of us "minions" were politely posting articles that show good reason to be conservative and do one's research when it comes to iodine supplementation dosages. I don't recall ever opposing people supplementing iodine, but I think that some of the levels suggested in the "protocols" may pose a higher level of risk than is sensible. Also, some of the "detox" symptoms at high doses are suspiciously similar to the symptoms of iodine overdose.

Rational and reasoned disagreement isn't rudeness. It's normal debate, and if you cannot accept any criticism of your choices, then perhaps an internet forum is not the ideal venue for you, particularly one where people tend to be questioning sorts who want to read the literature for themselves and make informed choices.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast