Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 78

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    I got bored of reading all the stupid off topic comments so went off to get other things done.
    Me too. This thread is much nicer to read without GRIZZ's outbursts and PALEOBIRD's condescending and patronizing tone. And then all those other boorish posts supporting one or the other. And I apologize for getting caught up in the game.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    The battle has moved to the "Soy" thread.
    Nah, there's no battle on the soy thread. The whole Primal community is pretty much unanimously on the side of not eating soy.

And James trying to argue that The WAPF and by extension anyone who quotes them (including Dr. Mercola), are paid shills of the beef/dairy industry and are therefore lying about soy being dangerous went over like the proverbial lead balloon. People aren't buying that the gazillion dollar soy industry is under unfair attack by the economically tiny WAPF whose whole mission is to support local small agriculture not agri-industries.

It was even pointed out that if anyone was going to be doing a concerted campaign of internet mis-information it would be the soy industry.

Paleobird Guest
    I'm having Sea Tangle noodles with sea scallops in pesto on top. I wonder how much iodine is in a meal like that?

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    I have watched on other threads as people with extreme health issues are giving credit to megadoses of iodine for their return to health. Did they have reactions? Yes, mostly they did. But they broke through the reactions by upping their dosages, which seems counter-intuitive to me.
    The symptoms disappear as the thyroid starts shutting down from the poisonous levels of iodine. Same reason high doses of iodine are used to treat hyperthyroidism. The excess iodine starts shutting down the thyroid.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Nah, there's no battle on the soy thread. The whole Primal community is pretty much unanimously on the side of not eating soy.
    Some people because they have soy sensitivities, which can happen with any food. One person because they said it gave them gas. One person who thought it lowered testosterone, which has also been disproven. Some people worried about GMO. And some others because they are misinformed about anti-cancer phytoestrogens that they have been told incorrectly are carcinogenic. In fact, all plants we consume contain phytoestrogens, and as the studies I provided showed prevent cancer. Other than the GMO I have yet to see anyone, including you provide any real evidence of anything inherently dangerous about soy.

Speaking of which it is pretty funny how you ran away earlier when asked to state why soy was dangerous. You claimed you did not have time, which we know was not true as you had plenty of time to put up posts bashing me as you are doing now. Now that you feel you have a pack of people agreeing with you, you now feel safer and feel you don't have to provide evidence since you expect everyone else to that for you.

And James trying to argue that The WAPF and by extension anyone who quotes them (including Dr. Mercola), are paid shills of the beef/dairy industry and are therefore lying about soy being dangerous went over like the proverbial lead balloon. People aren't buying that the gazillion dollar soy industry is under unfair attack by the economically tiny WAPF whose whole mission is to support local small agriculture not agri-industries.
    Once again the self proclaimed queen thinks she speaks for all of what she thinks is her kingdom. But once again she i really deluding herself as some people clearly stated that they choose to avoid soy not because it is perceived to be dangerous by the ill informed but for other reasons such as incorrectly thinking it is high in simple carbohydrates or because they got gas. That is really far from people agreeing with the lies of the WAPF and Mercola.

Its also really funny how you are totally ignoring the evidence that WAPF has ties to the beef and dairy industries and that both were fabricating evidence against soy. For example, how they claim that consuming soy is the same as taking 5 birth control pills, which is totally ridiculous being that phytoestrogens are 200-400 times weaker than human estrogens and function as estrogen antagonists as numerous studies have proven. Then Mercola really makes a fool pf himself by proclaiming flax seed is a health food when it is nearly 4 times higher in phytoestrogens than raw soy, and even higher than fermented or cooked soy. Flax seed also contains some of the other compounds that Mercola falsely claims are toxic in soy such as phytic acid and protease inhibitors. And both Mercola and WAPF ignore the fact that estrogens naturally produced by cattle are tens to hundreds of thousand times stronger than the phytoestrogens they claim are so dangerous.

Yet once again you only jump in because you saw yet another opportunity to attack me.

It was even pointed out that if anyone was going to be doing a concerted campaign of internet mis-information it would be the soy industry.
    And I will bet yet once again there was not even one shred of evidence presented to back the claim.

But since you clearly have plenty of time to discuss soy now PB I once again am asking you to state specifically what about soy is toxic. And I am not talking about the GMO soy since not all soy is GMO. What specifically do you think is toxic in soy. If you want to ignore me yet again then you will only prove I was right all along and that you are only here to attack me again as payback for proving you wrong in the past as well.

Paleobird Guest
    Yawwwn!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Having a different opinion is not "bashing"... seriously.
    No one is attacking you, it's just a different opinion of the same subject matter.

Relax man.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Having a different opinion is not "bashing"... seriously.
    No one is attacking you, it's just a different opinion of the same subject matter.

Relax man.
    When someone is disagreeing with the topic that is a difference of opinion. When they are making it person by attacking someone repeatedly in an attempt to discredit them that is bashing. And people do that because they have no clue what they are talking about. Since they cannot debate the topic they resort to attacks instead.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm just not seeing it...

Ahh, well. Whatever.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    However, James' questions about the whole Bromine poisoning falsity and questioning how Iodine would displace Bromine when it really happens the other way around (which was a question I also had)
    I questioned this too.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast