Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 76

organicsteve is offline Junior Member

a final comment

Primal Fuel
    everyone agrees about the temporary shutdown mechanism of the thyroid to the presence of excess iodine available in serum. this level of exposure is achieved in a nuclear emergency with 130mg of iodine for an adult. now i dont care if youre an evolutionist or a creationist, there can be only one reason for such a mechanism - exposure to iodine levels above 130mg a day in nature.

good luck to you all.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    how would one get that much iodine from nature in the past, whole food, hunter gatherer lifestyle
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Now I am not sure I am comparing right too...what to do when there are more then one form of iodine. What kelp capsules are you using Bosnic?
    This one:

Herbs: Kelp - Guaranteed to contain 0.06% iodine.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    how would one get that much iodine from nature in the past, whole food, hunter gatherer lifestyle
    Raw thyroid binge eating? Lol. The guy's hypothesis is completely flawed. An evolutionary process is not required to explain hyperthyroidism.

If you drink cement, your digestive system will probably shutdown too... Must be because we often drank cement in the past.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Raw thyroid binge eating? Lol. The guy's hypothesis is completely flawed. An evolutionary process is not required to explain hyperthyroidism.

If you drink cement, your digestive system will probably shutdown too... Must be because we often drank cement in the past.
    Possibly those summer days spent at the seashore cramming clams, molluscs, seaweeds, and whatever swam by gave inland natives a years' supply of iodine with which to return to a more usual hunting existence when fat/ meat was the primary food. For sure, they were much more active (hyper) in hot weather than in cold. Most of us are!;-)

Still hoping someone can answer my earlier post:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post932949

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    O. M. G! Where to start?
    1st - forget about the popcorn, this is a gummy worm eating thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    If you want this to be in an iodine supplement group, y'all should be prepared to fight against people like James who are intent on destroying iodine for being "Poisonous" & "Toxic."
    2nd - This thread is not an iodine supplement group. It is clearly labeled as "a discussion , and perhaps a civilized debate"

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Grizz he can't make me do anything one way or the other and hun neither can you! I am the only boss of me! (although my DH does try occasionally) This thread was started by sceptic as a discussion thread not an Iodine protocol thread. I do take a small amount of iodine because I choose to. But I do not need to defend that right to him or you or anyone! You guys are not giving any of us credit for any intelligence of our own. Why?
    3rd - This ^

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    this has become the most pathetic spectacle between adults i have ever seen

that includes little league fathers punching coaches
    little league fathers punching thei sons for failing to win the game
    and my ex trying to beg me back after threatening to kill me
    4th - iLove you bloodorchid (and you too pandapants! - I have no magical powers either )

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    5th - This is the BEST link on the entire thread!!!
    Thank you Sceptic.

~~~

Now how about some "discussion and civilized debate"??
    If not, can you guys wait about a half hour before you continue? I ran out of gummy worms
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i love you and your little dogs too
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    5th - This is the BEST link on the entire thread!!!
    Thank you Sceptic.

Now how about some "discussion and civilized debate"??
    If not, can you guys wait about a half hour before you continue? I ran out of gummy worms
    Oh that link is priceless. How did I miss that amidst the melee?
    Sorry, no gummy worms. Got some SeaSnax though. Wasabi, onion, or chipotle flavor. Want some? Great way to get your iodine. Somehow reading this thread always makes me feel like having a pack or two.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Thyroid. 2001 May;11(5):493-500.

Possibly the presence of autonomous thyroid function permits the synthesis and release of excess quantities of thyroid hormones. The presence of thyroid autoimmunity in patients residing in iodine-insufficient areas who develop iodine-induced hyperthyroidism has not been unanimously observed. In iodine-sufficient areas, iodine-induced hyperthyroidism has been reported in euthyroid patients with previous thyroid diseases.
    Let me see if I understand this -the thyroid has protective mechanisms built in to protect against excess iodine. Moreover, in persons previously treated for thyroid diseases, excess iodine may cause hyperthyroidism. 300 mg of amiodarone daily, far above the normal requirements for iodine, can have such an effect. But unlike iodine, amiodarone builds up in the body and is not excreted on a daily basis. Therefore, this study is not comparing apples with apples, nor iodine ill-effects with an easily excreted iodine, but a recognized long lasting drug. Am I correct so far?
    I'm not sure that it is actually a protective design feature of the thyroid, excess Iodine (potassium Iodide) can be used to block thyroid function in cases of Hyperthyroid conditions, and was the treatment before drugs became available, but getting dosage right can be a bit tricky, but as I understand it if excessive high levels are maintained then effectively one can become Hypothyroid with minimal thyroid function even though there is more than enough iodine present.
    So I would see it as an effect more than a protective feature, the effect being excess iodine blocks up the thyroid hormone production line, which can not resume normally until Iodine levels fall.

Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast