Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 7

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That was a pretty pointless distinction unless you were just making a joke. (?) Without the mammogram I would not have had the
    information needed to start treatment in time to save my life.

A whole package of kelp noodles (3 big servings) has 18 calories. Kind of hard to overeat on that.

But I do agree that some deficiencies are great enough to warrant supplementation, preferably just until it is cleared up. E.g. I took supplements after chemo but I don't need them now.
    I'm 51 and have never had a mammogram. I don't have insurance either. Even if I had insurance, I wouldn't allow anyone to radiate my breasts. And even if I did find a lump on my own, I wouldn't allow chemo or radiation. I believe that using iodine for many years now has prevented serious problems from developing in me. I have a number of friends with various serious female issues and none of them ever supplemented with iodine. Too bad you didn't detox bromides a long time ago before you ended up with cancer. I'm not ready to take that risk knowing what I know now. I will never understand why someone like you can be so opposed to others using iodine to detox bromides. You tell others to just eat a "big package of kelp noodles" which probably won't detox bromides in a timely manner if at all. 18 calories or not, I don't trust kelp to be without toxins. Most of us using Iodine are using it in higher doses temporarily just to detox then we plan to go back down to a maintenance dose to keep the bromide levels down. You supplemented when you felt you needed to. Why criticize those of us who supplement with iodine now to improve our health? No one slammed you for using supplements when you felt you needed them.

And as far as Brownstein "making money" from my use of Iodoral or ATP Cofactors, I just have to say this: How many products or foods (such as that big bag of kelp noodles) do you use each day that are making a profit for someone else? I could just go buy a cheap purse at Walmart (and they still make $$ off me) OR I could spend a little more and get a really nice leather purse at Macys. It's my choice. Why the heck do you care where I buy my purse or Vitamin B or my iodine or anything? I'm not asking you to pay for it. I can't believe you survived cancer only to counsel everyone on this forum to question Iodine or stop using Iodoral for no good reason so they could possibly end up the same way you did--with a likely iodine deficiency and finally cancer. How'd that big bag of kelp noodles work out for you? I'm not going to eat a big bag of kelp noodles each day and you aren't going to use iodine so why discourage others from helping themselves on these threads? You are now attempting to destroy another thread that could help educate those who are interested in learning how to safely use iodine to detox dangerous bromides. I personally wouldn't want that on my conscience.

I dare you to stop using ANY product that profits anybody else. See how long you can make it. You think someone didn't make a ton of money on your surgery or chemo?? Why did you not refuse poisonous chemo for that reason--since you have a problem with doctors making money--or is it just CERTAIN doctors you resent making money off their expertise? You slam others for using the Iodoral or ATP Cofactors that Brownstein developed for his patients for easier detoxing. Meanwhile, I appreciate that he developed these products with his colleages and they're still available for me to obtain. I tried using Lugols and its messy to use--especially when you knock the bottle over a few times. And the recipe to make my own Lugols has been posted but I don't feel like bothering to make my own cuz I have a life. And it's gotten even better since starting Iodine years ago. Iodine addresses all of my biggest health issues: Estrogen Dominance, Candida, Hypothyroidism & Heavy Metal Toxicity. Iodoral is the least expensive way to help all of those issues at once--unless I switch to Lugols which is even cheaper to use. I first used iodine only for years and then I discovered Iodoral on the other thread you helped shut down. And my health went up another notch of improvement after starting Iodoral since it also contains Iodide for my thyroid. How anyone could slam Iodoral for all that I will never understand. Someone has to have a lot of hatred or jealousy in their heart to want to see others suffer needlessly with any or all of those health issues when Iodine is a effective & affordable treatment for many who use it. And I don't even have more painful issues such as PCOS or Breast Tumors like many with iodine deficiency do. Of course, if you (or anyone reading this) are one of those rare people who truly is allergic to iodine, then please don't use it. Everyone is different--your mileage may vary. By the way, if you're allergic to iodine, you shouldn't eat kelp noodles either.

Now I will go take my evening dose of Iodoral and ATP Cofactors. You're inspired me just like a Poster Child would for "What Can Happen When You're Iodine Deficient" or "Got Bromides?" I'm more motivated than ever to not end up with cancer cuz I've got a lotta livin' to do! And if I ever had breast cancer in the past, I would be sure to use Iodoral to prevent it from returning if at all possible. But that's just me.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i sense a cognitive dissonance in the force, with a helping of unneccesary douchebaggery

duhprincess, the person who got the iodine thread shut down was grizz. you can blame him for that. he reported everyone who had a different opinion than him, multiple times. and when you have to deal with that much sheer stupidity over so many days, yeah, you're gonna lock the damn thread

READ-ING COMP-RE-HEN-SION. it's good to have. it's good to implement.

eta: i have pcos. i take iodine. i still have pcos.

you know what makes pcos symptoms go away? low carbs and zero wheat products.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i sense a cognitive dissonance in the force, with a helping of unneccesary douchebaggery

duhprincess, the person who got the iodine thread shut down was grizz. you can blame him for that. he reported everyone who had a different opinion than him, multiple times. and when you have to deal with that much sheer stupidity over so many days, yeah, you're gonna lock the damn thread

Good to know! Thanks for bringing me up to speed on PCOS. I read it was related to iodine deficiency but just cuz I read it on the internet doesn't make it true! And I keep thinking you're a guy or 2 with that avatar...lol!

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    I understand, but need to point out that asking questions and not looking up the proffered answers can be offputting to those who have the time to dig up those answers. Then you can honestly claim to have never seen any such info. Works, too.;-)
    If you've posted a link to the research that came up with 13.8mg, I'll apologise & ask you to post it again as I didn't see it.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    I actually saw the research, posted years ago regarding the below article but only have found the file, which I can’t open. If the niacin is the burn me all over kind, from flushing I wouldn’t be able to take that type niacin. A long time ago I did the prescribed niacin per my heart Doctors, I had at the time. who assured me my triglycerides would go down. After 8 months of burning, severely for over an hour a day my triglycerides went UP. Later I would discover D3. D3 did reduce my triglycerides from over 400 to 144 in eight weeks. (blood work confirmed it) My tris’ are 125 now after recent blood work. I searched constantly to find anything that will reduce plaque in my veins:

Over 30 years ago, two ophthalmologists observed that a combination tablet called “Iodo-niacin” (iodide 120 milligrams, niacin 15 milligrams) taken for several months could actually reverse atherosclerotic clogging of arteries. They proved this effect by taking pictures of clogged arteries in the backs of the eyes (“retinal photomicrographs”) before and after treatment. The published photographs showed a significant lessening of the cholesterol-laden artery clogging in the “after” pictures."
    Use of iodo-niacin for retinal or vitreous hemorrhages and vitreous floaters.

November 1956 Am J Ophthalmol Vol. 42, Issue 5, Pages 771-2
    Use of Iodo-Niacin, Abrahamson, I. A.: American Journal of Ophthalmology 42 (5): 771-772 1956
    PanAm School Iodine forgotten nutrient

Blog on the subject:
    This reminded me of a discussion of niacin iodine on this forum. Niacin iodine was apparently used through the 1950s and 1960s in the US to treat vitreous hemorrhage as well as cholesterol build up in ocular arteries but fell out of favor as not patentable. Apparently, the iodine makes certain soapy or polar substances more water soluble. So it could work for some garbage implicated in floaters, particularly, blood, possibly proteins.

Can't speak to the niacin but the lecithin (derived from eggs) apparently is there to help your stomach and body to avoid iodine issues while the iodine is the active ingredient. The idea behind iodine being effective is that it both helps dissolve fatty substances and can into vitreous--unlike larger molecules that cannot Here are references for above:

Iodine makes polar substances more soluble. Dr. Wright at Tahoma CLinic quotes Harvard chemistry professor:
    Iodide – One Mineral Can Help A Myriad Of Conditions From Atherosclerosis To

Iodo Niacin dissolves hemorrhage in vitreous. Drs. Abrahamson citation--don't have article
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13372702 from article: The use of iodine niacin preparations for the purpose of absorbing intraocular hemorrhages and strengthening damaged vascular walls has been known and used extensively for many years, but for some reason has recently fallen into more or less disrepute. In fact the treatment of recurrent and massive vitreal and retinal hemorrhages and vitreous floaters has been relatively unsatisfactory with the drugs at our disposal. Damrau found that the iodides did prevent artificial arteriosclerosis in rabbits in which it had been produced by high cholesterol feedings. Feinglatt and Ferguson in 1955 reported a series of 59 cases of generalized arteriosclerosis which were treated with Iodo-Niacin in full dosage for over a year with considerable therapeutic benefit and no iodism or adverse effects. In a controlled clinical investigation using comparable group on placebo medication, Iodo-Niacin tablets provided successful results in a series of 22 cases of retinal or vitreous hemorrhages and 89 of vitreous floaters. The tablets contain potassium iodide 135 mg. and niacinamide hydroiodide 25 mg. The dosage was one tablet three times daily after meals. Iodo-Niacin was administered for periods of one to 13 months to an equal number of males and females between the ages of 18 and 87 years with various ocular conditions. The series included 12 cases of retinal hemorrhages and 89 of vitreous floaters. As compared with the control group, who received the placebo absorption of retinal hemorrhages, in the patients treated with Iodo-Niacin was much more rapid and complete. In a typical case of extensive retinal hemorrhages observed in the arteriosclerosis fundus of a patient with hypertension, Iodo-Niacin produced spectacular absorption in 18 days. In another case of angiospastic hemorrhages and edema involving the macula, substantial improvement was observed ophthalmoscopically after 25 days of treatment with Iodo-Niacin. The results have been recorded by before and after retinal photographs. Results in cases of vitreous hemorrhages were also dramatic. In four postoperative cataract cases, the condition cleared completely in three to four weeks. In a diabetic case which had resisted treatment for two years, the fundus was seen with 20/70 clarity after two months on Iodo-Niacin. Results were satisfactory in five other cases of vitreous hemorrhages due to diabetes or hypertension. Over 90 percent of the 89 patients with vitreous floaters who were treated with Iodo-Niacin showed subjective improvement and 50 percent showed objective improvement. Large vitreous floaters appeared to diminish in size and some of the fine dustlike opacities disappeared entirely. In several cases the vitreous floaters disappeared completely; in others they were reduced in size ophthalmoscopically after treatment with Iodo-Niacin for one to six months.
    Niaco Iodine dissolves arteriosclerosis in eye arteries.

Arteriosclerotic syndromes; niacinamide hydroiodid... [Med Times. 1956] - PubMed - NCBI

PMID: 13347482 Owner: NLM Status: MEDLINE
    Abstract/OtherAbstract:
    Authors: T M FEINBLATT; H M FEINBLATT; E A FERGUSON
    Publication Detail: Type: Journal Article
    Journal Detail: Title: Medical times Volume: 84 ISSN: 0025-7583 ISO Abbreviation: Med Times Publication Date: 1956 Jul
    Date Detail: Created Date: 1956-12-01 Completed Date: 2003-05-01 Revised Date: 2006-11-15
    Medline Journal Info: Nlm Unique ID: 0406055 Medline TA: Med Times Country: Not Available
    Other Details: Languages: eng Pagination: 741-3 Citation Subset: OM

Pub med id 13347482

Med Times. 1956 Jul;84(7):741-3.

Arteriosclerotic syndromes; niacinamide hydroiodide (parenteral) treatment.

FEINBLATT TM, FEINBLATT HM, FERGUSON EA Jr.

PMID: 13347482 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

T M FEINBLATT, H M FEINBLATT, E A FERGUSON
    Med Times
    Jul 1956 (Vol. 84, Issue 7,Pages 741-3)
    PMID:13347482
    [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Minerva Med. 1957 Oct 24;48(85):3544-8.
    [Nicotinamide hydroiodide in the treatment of degenerative arterial diseases].
    [Article in Italian]
    GUAGLIANO G, STOPPANI L.

Med Times. 1956 Jul;84(7):741-3.
    PMID:
    ABRAHAMSON IA Sr, ABRAHAMSON IA Jr.
    Am J Ophthalmol. 1956 Nov;42(5):771-2. No abstract available.
    PMID:
    [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]
    Related citations
    Jolethin ie Iodized Lecithin or Wo Liteng in Alternative Treatments Forum
    Use of iodo-niacin for retinal or vitreous hemorrhages and vitreous floaters.
    November 1956 Am J Ophthalmol Vol. 42, Issue 5, Pages 771-2
    Use of Iodo-Niacin, Abrahamson, I. A.: American Journal of Ophthalmology 42 (5): 771-772 1956
    PanAm School Iodine forgotten nutrient

Perhaps someone can find the published XRAYS of the before and after, AFTER treatment. Thanks.

t2t
    Last edited by t2t; 08-03-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13372702

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    I'm 51 and have never had a mammogram. I don't have insurance either. Even if I had insurance, I wouldn't allow anyone to radiate my breasts. And even if I did find a lump on my own, I wouldn't allow chemo or radiation. I believe that using iodine for many years now has prevented serious problems from developing in me. I have a number of friends with various serious female issues and none of them ever supplemented with iodine. Too bad you didn't detox bromides a long time ago before you ended up with cancer. I'm not ready to take that risk knowing what I know now. I will never understand why someone like you can be so opposed to others using iodine to detox bromides. You tell others to just eat a "big package of kelp noodles" which probably won't detox bromides in a timely manner if at all. 18 calories or not, I don't trust kelp to be without toxins. Most of us using Iodine are using it in higher doses temporarily just to detox then we plan to go back down to a maintenance dose to keep the bromide levels down. You supplemented when you felt you needed to. Why criticize those of us who supplement with iodine now to improve our health? No one slammed you for using supplements when you felt you needed them.

And as far as Brownstein "making money" from my use of Iodoral or ATP Cofactors, I just have to say this: How many products or foods (such as that big bag of kelp noodles) do you use each day that are making a profit for someone else? I could just go buy a cheap purse at Walmart (and they still make $$ off me) OR I could spend a little more and get a really nice leather purse at Macys. It's my choice. Why the heck do you care where I buy my purse or Vitamin B or my iodine or anything? I'm not asking you to pay for it. I can't believe you survived cancer only to counsel everyone on this forum to question Iodine or stop using Iodoral for no good reason so they could possibly end up the same way you did--with a likely iodine deficiency and finally cancer. How'd that big bag of kelp noodles work out for you? I'm not going to eat a big bag of kelp noodles each day and you aren't going to use iodine so why discourage others from helping themselves on these threads? You are now attempting to destroy another thread that could help educate those who are interested in learning how to safely use iodine to detox dangerous bromides. I personally wouldn't want that on my conscience.

I dare you to stop using ANY product that profits anybody else. See how long you can make it. You think someone didn't make a ton of money on your surgery or chemo?? Why did you not refuse poisonous chemo for that reason--since you have a problem with doctors making money--or is it just CERTAIN doctors you resent making money off their expertise? You slam others for using the Iodoral or ATP Cofactors that Brownstein developed for his patients for easier detoxing. Meanwhile, I appreciate that he developed these products with his colleages and they're still available for me to obtain. I tried using Lugols and its messy to use--especially when you knock the bottle over a few times. And the recipe to make my own Lugols has been posted but I don't feel like bothering to make my own cuz I have a life. And it's gotten even better since starting Iodine years ago. Iodine addresses all of my biggest health issues: Estrogen Dominance, Candida, Hypothyroidism & Heavy Metal Toxicity. Iodoral is the least expensive way to help all of those issues at once--unless I switch to Lugols which is even cheaper to use. I first used iodine only for years and then I discovered Iodoral on the other thread you helped shut down. And my health went up another notch of improvement after starting Iodoral since it also contains Iodide for my thyroid. How anyone could slam Iodoral for all that I will never understand. Someone has to have a lot of hatred or jealousy in their heart to want to see others suffer needlessly with any or all of those health issues when Iodine is a effective & affordable treatment for many who use it. And I don't even have more painful issues such as PCOS or Breast Tumors like many with iodine deficiency do. Of course, if you (or anyone reading this) are one of those rare people who truly is allergic to iodine, then please don't use it. Everyone is different--your mileage may vary. By the way, if you're allergic to iodine, you shouldn't eat kelp noodles either.

Now I will go take my evening dose of Iodoral and ATP Cofactors. You're inspired me just like a Poster Child would for "What Can Happen When You're Iodine Deficient" or "Got Bromides?" I'm more motivated than ever to not end up with cancer cuz I've got a lotta livin' to do! And if I ever had breast cancer in the past, I would be sure to use Iodoral to prevent it from returning if at all possible. But that's just me.
    What she said.

Owl

Douchbaggery is in full force on these iodine threads, but it's not coming from DuhPrincess.
    The thread continued as Grizz had PaleoBird on ignore, and had nothing more to say to or about her. But that didn't stop her or her minions from continuing to attack Grizz.

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post

Paleobird didn't say you shouldn't use something because someone is making a profit on it. She (and others) said that when someone is claiming that a product has a lot of health benefits, and they also happen to be making money on that product, then one should take that with a grain of salt and look for objective verification of the claims. That is not the same as saying that you shouldn't use or buy the product, and it's light years away from saying that you shouldn't buy something simply because someone is making a profit on it. So your entire rant was based on something that she didn't say, and then you got yourself so wound up that you lost your sense of decency and tried to use her past bout with cancer against her. Very nice.

joe2.0 is offline Member

+1 DuhPrincess, those kind of offensive comments in your post are exactly what got the other thread locked. Keep on thinking it was because others were trying to be the necessary voice of reason in that thread or that they oppose any iodine supplementation. You are just not taking in what's being said if you don't see that. Owl-you seconded that garbage? Nice.

Owl
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    +1 DuhPrincess, those kind of offensive comments in your post are exactly what got the other thread locked. Keep on thinking it was because others were trying to be the necessary voice of reason in that thread or that they oppose any iodine supplementation. You are just not taking in what's being said if you don't see that. Owl-you seconded that garbage? Nice.
    Yes, I seconded it. Are you blind? PB and her friends are responsible just as Grizz is for that thread being closed. They are the main perpetrators of offensive posts.

These threads are about IODINE SUPPLEMENTATION. If someone doesn't believe in it, why are they continuously posting here? If you think you should get all of their iodine naturally, then speak your mind, continue eating your kelp, but leave this thread to those of us who want to supplement with Iodoral or Lugols or some other form of iodine.

Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast