Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 65

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    People get banned~like darthfriendly did!

Why can't you just post your iodine positives and ignore the posts about the negatives and let everyone make up their own mind Grizz? It doesn't have to be a fight or a competition does it? It's good to hear both sides of the story right?
    I have a better question, why aren't you and all the others here FIGHTING against James for calling small amounts of iodine POISONOUS? I'm sorry, but I am not the bad guy here. I am the only one around here willing to support our right to take iodine & iororal at levels prescribed by the majority of iodine doctors. Our iodine thread will no longer be about iodine when James finishes brainwashing people that Lugols is Poisonous. You have all seen him REFUSE to answer a very simple question that requires typing no more than a few letters.

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe for most people?

He either ignores the question or he lies and said he already answered it. He answered it by stating everyone should eat seaweed & sea fish to get their iodine. That is what.

You people need to stand up and support your iodine, or a Master Troll like James will make you all fearful of iodine by calling it POISONOUS.

Grizz

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Now, now, James. Let's not rewrite history. I never attacked you. I disagreed with *some* of your ideas. Big difference.
    You haven't? What do you call this one from your journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d54851-74.html

Post #470:

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    James is indeed a piece of work. And you're right, there is no point in having a rational discussion with a crazy person. I signed off of that thread. Better things to do.
    Do I have to define what personal attacks are to you?

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I have a better question, why aren't you and all the others here FIGHTING against James for calling small amounts of iodine POISONOUS? I'm sorry, but I am not the bad guy here. I am the only one around here willing to support our right to take iodine & iororal at levels prescribed by the majority of iodine doctors. Our iodine thread will no longer be about iodine when James finishes brainwashing people that Lugols is Poisonous. You have all seen him REFUSE to answer a very simple question that requires typing no more than a few letters.

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe for most people?

He either ignores the question or he lies and said he already answered it. He answered it by stating everyone should eat seaweed & sea fish to get their iodine. That is what.

You people need to stand up and support your iodine, or a Master Troll like James will make you all fearful of iodine by calling it POISONOUS. Grizz
    Grizz he can't make me do anything one way or the other and hun neither can you! I am the only boss of me! (although my DH does try occasionally) This thread was started by sceptic as a discussion thread not an Iodine protocol thread. I do take a small amount of iodine because I choose to. But I do not need to defend that right to him or you or anyone! You guys are not giving any of us credit for any intelligence of our own. Why? And why am I being belittled for being nice and respectful to you Grizz? Thats really hurtful and sad. Again not sure why I am either bothering except that I hate seeing so much displaced passion and anxiety! Crap I feel my cortisol rising just thinking about yours

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    You said it yourself Steve, in cases of nuclear emergency. So using your ridiculous reasoning just because epinephrine (adrenaline) is used in various emergencies, including anaphylaxis, I guess everyone should be taking daily high dose epinephrine shots. Do you see how ridiculous your reasoning is?

And if you even had the slightest clue of what you were talking about then you would also realize that the potassium iodide they recommend ONLY works for radioactive iodine. Not other sources such as the radioactive cesium released after the tsunami that hit Japan.
    "So using your ridiculous reasoning just because "
    "Do you see how ridiculous your reasoning is?"
    "even had the slightest clue of what you were talking about then"

There you go again being totally abusive to anyone who disagrees with you. You are totally an insensitive TROLL. This is is why you are thrown out of so many message boards. Calling me a LIAR on top of it? You just can't talk to people like this. Who in the H_LL do you think you are? God's Gift to message boards?

Grizz

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Liver aside. James, what would your suggestion be for someone who had thyroidectomy and has high cholesterol, taking syntroid and Lipitor, feeling constantly tired, thinning hair and having numerous other alignments. Any suggestions on how to get a person like that to feel normal? The person I am describing is my mother and I don't know how to help her. Thanks
    Synthroid is T4 only, if your mom is not converting it to T3 well, or converting it to Reverse T3, then it's not doing much for her. A natural dessicated thyroid like Armour or Nature-Throid is better. Armour reformulated theirs a few years ago, putting binders in that prevent absorption. My doc won't recommend it. I'm on a combo of Nature-Throid and a T3 only med, because of a RT3 problem.

The main problem is getting your mom to a doctor who won't go just by TSH and T4 test levels, which is how most endos operate. TSH is a hormone the pituitary makes, to tell the thyroid to make more thyroid hormone. Your mom has no thyroid and is on meds, so TSH cannot be relied upon.

Total T4 is the other test normally used. It shows how much total T4 the Synthroid is putting in her system, but she needs to test Free T4, which is the T4 that's unbound and available for her body to actually use. She also needs to test Free T3, to see how well it's being converted. Reverse T3 is also a problem for many people. Sometimes the T4 is converted to RT3, and that blocks T3 from being used by the body.

The high cholesterol may come down dramatically when she gets treated correctly for hypothyroidism. Colleen Coble, who's a member here, had her husband's cholesterol drop 100 points when his hypothyroidism was treated.

Go to this site and read up on thyroid. It's good for basics: Thyroid Mistreatment, Hypothyroidism Scandals, and Thyroid Treatment Problems | Stop The Thyroid Madness

If you are surviving on 6 ounces of beef daily as your only food source then you would be starving to death. What I was saying is that many foods contain sodium chloride. Beef was only ONE example. And as someone else showed a study for the sodium also displaces iodine. So your 6 ounces of beef provides 60mg of salt. How many milligrams of bromine are you getting daily? Is it less than your sodium intake and thus the sodium intake is overwhelming the bromine? And how much fluoride are you being exposed to that also pushes bromine out of the body?
    James, James, James, are you going to fight with me too? Of course many foods naturally contain salt, but we don't eat like the general population. I was just pointing out that we don't have a high salt diet here. We don't eat canned soup, chips, packaged dressings or sauces, etc.

Not all asthma inhalers contain bromide.
    I posted the ones that did a few days ago.
    Last edited by Owl; 08-19-2012 at 11:46 AM.

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    I was being very respectful and non-confrontational in my message to Grizz. I don't appreciate being patronized like I am an idiot thank you. I said that I see Grizz is passionate and wants the best for people. But it is not his or your jobs to decide for us who we can listen to or get advice from. IF something happens in regards to whomever we choose to take advice from I promise I will not personally blame or seek damages from either source. I just think the pettiness of the fighting from BOTH sides is juvenile and takes away from the knowledge that could be passed on. I really don't have a dog in this fight either so I don't know why I even bothered. *sigh* But as a by-stander let me say it is HARD to watch this kind of inter-action and see a lovely site like this succumb to board wars between opposing members. It is very sad thats all
    i wasnt addressing you at all. therefor i have no response to your post. i dont even know who you are.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by organicsteve View Post
    i wasnt addressing you at all. therefor i have no response to your post. i dont even know who you are.
    Uh~well you quoted my post so it was a reasonable deduction you were responding to it. Sorry~carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

You people need to stand up and support your iodine, or a Master Troll like James will make you all fearful of iodine by calling it POISONOUS.

Grizz
    i can answer your question, grizz. i have found 300mg to be a safe and effective, in fact VERY effective, dose of iodine. it can be maintained daily and indefinitely. its not a bad daily supplement for those living inthe city or who fly or take other public transportation.

Post #470:

thats some health advice you got there.

Grizz is offline Banned

Post #470:

And the ATTACK DOG is at it again. Or should I say the Piranha is into another feeding frenzy like he was at the CureZone.

I suggest that you stop attacking everyone in sight like you did at the Curezone and at IndiaDevine

This is exactly why you were tossed out on your ear. STOP IT!

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-18-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast