Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 64

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Furthermore, as I asked you several times I wanted you to start a new topic specifically to the dangers of soy you claim exist and I would address the claims. Instead you stormed off claiming you did not have time, yet you had plenty of time to go off on a childish rant about me on your journal and plenty of time to come back here and post with plenty of other off topic posts. When was your last post on this thread that actually had something to do with iodine?

Now, once again since you clearly have PLENTY of time on your hands whey don't you post something productive like starting that thread on the supposed dangers of soy?
    OK, James. Just to make you happy, here is my opinion about soy. I researched the subject thoroughly post cancer, BTW. What I found is there are studies by the boatload to support either side of the argument. There are poorly done studies on both sides and very well done scientifically sound studies on both sides. (No I'm not going to post links. I did this a few years ago and didn't write it all down. Plus as Grizz shows us, just because you can put up a long list of links, doesn't mean the info is valid.)

So what do I as a cancer survivor do with all of this conflicting evidence? I choose to err on the side of caution and cut soy out of my diet. A primal diet does not include legumes anyway and has much better for you and better tasting sources of protein. Bottom line, I'm not a vegan so I don't need soy in my diet, I don't particularly like it to begin with, and there is no consensus about the potential dangers (or benefits) of it.

You have a habit of putting words into people's mouths and then attacking statements they didn't make. I said that there is research showing the dangers of soy. There is. Lots of it. I go with that position to err on the side of personal safety. I am not and never have been on an anti-soy crusade. Put down the broad brush you like to paint people with for a minute and you could actually see what someone says better.

OK, happy now? Can we get back to iodine?

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    wow, thanks, is there anything else that can be done naturally to help with menopause? I am in a group and none of us take medication as we have all decided to go through it 100% natural but we have symptoms ranging from weight gain (a lot) increased blood sugars, migraines, insomnia, hot flashes, acne, low thyroid, hair loss to name a few. None of us take ANY meds of any kind not even over the counter! We range from early 50's to early 60's. I am the one suggesting herbs/vitamins to the group so I was designated the one to find out what kind! HELP!!

#1 Bitters
    #2 ?
    Here is a link to an old write up I did on hormone balancing:

Alt/Trad Medical Review

There are other herbs that can help depending on the symptoms. For example, motherwort is great for hot flashes. And adaptogenic herbs can help with hormones since the adrenals become the primary source of hormones after menopause.

Paleobird Guest
    Your comments would carry a lot more weight if you jumped all over Paleobird when she kept personally attacking me simply because she never bothered to to her homework to verify what I posted. The fact that you are defending her actions indirectly makes you just as guilty as she is. What gives Paleobird the right to personally attack anyone? Especially when they are new here and posting evidence from medical journals to back their claims. Something I have yet to see her do.
    You're so cute when you pout.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I do believe you are passionate in your beliefs about iodine Grizz. I really and truly believe that you are trying to do the right thing. I am passionate about health through food nutrition and when I first started learning and researching I would get so stressed out at not being able to reach people especially family and close friends. I had to learn the hard way to be more relaxed and let adults decide them for themselves whether or not they wanted the information I was sharing! If you don't calm down about what you are trying to share you will scare many that might benefit away and stress yourself into poor health. Just a thought Grizz that I felt inclined to share.chickenWalking.gif

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by organicsteve View Post
    second, there is ample evidence against low dose of iodine coming directly from authorities. the CDC recommends 130mg of KI for nuclear emergencies.
    You said it yourself Steve, in cases of nuclear emergency. So using your ridiculous reasoning just because epinephrine (adrenaline) is used in various emergencies, including anaphylaxis, I guess everyone should be taking daily high dose epinephrine shots. Do you see how ridiculous your reasoning is?

And if you even had the slightest clue of what you were talking about then you would also realize that the potassium iodide they recommend ONLY works for radioactive iodine. Not other sources such as the radioactive cesium released after the tsunami that hit Japan.

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    People get banned~like darthfriendly did!

Why can't you just post your iodine positives and ignore the posts about the negatives and let everyone make up their own mind Grizz? It doesn't have to be a fight or a competition does it? It's good to hear both sides of the story right?
    grizz is insightful enough and cares enough to want to do something about someone who obviously has only one goal - destruction. most people arent used to this league of operator. people will learn, EVENTUALLY. lol

Here is a link to an old write up I did on hormone balancing:

Alt/Trad Medical Review

There are other herbs that can help depending on the symptoms. For example, motherwort is great for hot flashes. And adaptogenic herbs can help with hormones since the adrenals become the primary source of hormones after menopause.
    um~ok thanks :|

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    You said it yourself Steve, in cases of nuclear emergency. So using your ridiculous reasoning just because epinephrine (adrenaline) is used in various emergencies, including anaphylaxis, I guess everyone should be taking daily high dose epinephrine shots. Do you see how ridiculous your reasoning is?

And if you even had the slightest clue of what you were talking about then you would also realize that the potassium iodide they recommend ONLY works for radioactive iodine. Not other sources such as the radioactive cesium released after the tsunami that hit Japan.
    so you have contacted the cdc and asked them what damage to expect? what did they say?

Quote Originally Posted by organicsteve View Post
    grizz is insightful enough and cares enough to want to do something about someone who obviously has only one goal - destruction. most people arent used to this league of operator. people will learn, EVENTUALLY. lol
    I was being very respectful and non-confrontational in my message to Grizz. I don't appreciate being patronized like I am an idiot thank you. I said that I see Grizz is passionate and wants the best for people. But it is not his or your jobs to decide for us who we can listen to or get advice from. IF something happens in regards to whomever we choose to take advice from I promise I will not personally blame or seek damages from either source. I just think the pettiness of the fighting from BOTH sides is juvenile and takes away from the knowledge that could be passed on. I really don't have a dog in this fight either so I don't know why I even bothered. *sigh* But as a by-stander let me say it is HARD to watch this kind of inter-action and see a lovely site like this succumb to board wars between opposing members. It is very sad thats all

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was being very respectful and non-confrontational in my message to Grizz. I don't appreciate being patronized like I am an idiot thank you. I said that I see Grizz is passionate and wants the best for people. But it is not his or your jobs to decide for us who we can listen to or get advice from. IF something happens in regards to whomever we choose to take advice from I promise I will not personally blame or seek damages from either source. I just think the pettiness of the fighting from BOTH sides is juvenile and takes away from the knowledge that could be passed on. I really don't have a dog in this fight either so I don't know why I even bothered. *sigh* But as a by-stander let me say it is HARD to watch this kind of inter-action and see a lovely site like this succumb to board wars between opposing members. It is very sad thats all

+1

Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast