Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 62

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    If a person is in menopause we already have lower estorgen right? And therefore the bitters would not be of aide to us? (just curious)
    Its not quite that simple.

As a women goes through menopause there is a drop in estrogen levels normally. But there is also a more significant drop in progesterone leaving some of the estrogen unopposed. And there are other factors to consider such as if the woman goes on estrogen replacement therapy or is being exposed to the considerably stronger xenoestrogens such as DDT, PCBs, dioxins, etc. And there is the matter of how much body fat they have as fat cells generate estrogen for the body. So the more body fat a woman has the more estrogen her body will be producing. To make matters worse estrogen increases fat cell size, which can lead to further estrogen production. This is why women tend to gain massive amounts of weight when going on powerful pharmaceutical estrogen supplements like Premarin, derived from pregnant mare's urine. Premarin is 30,000 times stronger than the human estrogen it substitutes for.

Therefore, the bitters are still essential as the liver still processes these other sources of estrogen.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    James has not demonized Iodine
    You are 100% correct. What Grizz keeps ignoring is where I have clearly stated various times that iodine is essential to the body. It is the excess levels being touted by some that I disagree with.

Calcium is also essential to the body. But what happens when someone's calcium goes too high? Muscle cramps/spasms, brain fog, constipation, high blood pressure, etc. So because calcium is also essential to the body should we all start advocating massive, dangerous doses of calcium? Grizz just does not get this simple concept for some reason.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    wow, thanks, is there anything else that can be done naturally to help with menopause? I am in a group and none of us take medication as we have all decided to go through it 100% natural but we have symptoms ranging from weight gain (a lot) increased blood sugars, migraines, insomnia, hot flashes, acne, low thyroid, hair loss to name a few. None of us take ANY meds of any kind not even over the counter! We range from early 50's to early 60's. I am the one suggesting herbs/vitamins to the group so I was designated the one to find out what kind! HELP!!

#1 Bitters
    #2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by organicsteve View Post
    i take iodine by the gram. been doing so for years. my thyroid has improved to the point i dont need thyroid hormones any more. what kind of damage should i expect?
    I am glad it helped you. But first of all as I pointed out several times before there are NUMEROUS causes of hypothyroidism. And not all forms of hypothyroidism respond to iodine supplementation. And excess iodine intake can be very detrimental to people with Hashimoto's and even induce autoimmune hypothyroidism. Extremely high levels have been shown to induce hypothyroidism and the thyroid shuts down to compensate for the poisonous levels of iodine.

If you are really interested in the potential dangers of excess iodine here is plenty of reading for you:

MedCapsules Forum - Iodine Safety/Issues

It also needs to be pointed out that there is a significant difference in toxicity between iodine and iodide. What level is toxic for one is not the same for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Hi James, Thanks for that, I will look into what I can find here.. re#3 would it be advisable then to take a break every so often or is that only with the "standard" dose ranges? Im currently treating for fibroids including one that was 8cm in march when I got the ultrasound. For obvious reasons id rather avoid the slice & dice option
    Breaks would only be needed if following the dose recommended on most bottles, which is a full teaspoon. The stimulant laxative and the berberine herbs (goldenseal, Oregon grape root, barberry) found in many of these formulas can become a problem if taken in the amounts they recommend for more than 2 weeks. If you can find Chinese Bitters they do not have stimulant laxatives or berberine. It is just straight gentian root.

Quote Originally Posted by organicsteve View Post
    you are assuming that james is an adult. in fact, youre assuming that he is actually stating his true opinion. i prefer facts. like this - iodine makes everything work better. this is a cold stone fact that one can prove to themself simply by supplementing enough iodine for a long enough period. no opinion about it.
    Everything? So iodine makes toxic substances in the body work better. That's good to know. Thanks for the warning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    That's uncalled for and childish on both of your parts. She doesn't even have a dog in this hunt any more and yet you all keep bringing her up. Let's all try to act like the grownups that I assume that we are.
    Geez, some people can't take a joke!!!

I sure am glad though that you jumped all over Paleobird when she kept attacking me without provocation.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    That's uncalled for and childish on both of your parts. She doesn't even have a dog in this hunt any more and yet you all keep bringing her up. Let's all try to act like the grownups that I assume that we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    I second this motion. Enough snark attacks on PB. By all means comment/respond to any future posts she may make, but enough of these comments and responses on posts from way back.
    Thanks guys. I can handle it but it does get silly and distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    So the more body fat a woman has the more estrogen her body will be producing. To make matters worse estrogen increases fat cell size, which can lead to further estrogen production.
    Very true. This is why my oncologist told me that losing some weight was the best preventative measure I could take to keep from getting a recurrence of breast cancer.

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    James,
    You are changing the subject yet again. Cat got your tongue?

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe for most people?

Are you afraid to answer? Or do you just not know the answer?

I think you will fight against Lugols iodine at any dosage. Right? Prove me wrong by answering the simple question.
    You KNOW IT ALL about iodine but yet can't even answer a simple question?

Grizz
    grizz,
    your heart is in the right place but you are up against a seasoned professional troll. there are only two ways to get rid of him now. ban him completely after he has done much damage or let the damage be complete so that there is no longer any "food" for him and he moves on of his own.

two things should be abundantly clear here. one is that all of the things james says, as he so vehemently points out, can be found elsewhere and without his caustic personality attached to it. IOW, james is irrelevant except to the dynamics of the places he posts, and they ALWAYS end up like this.

second, there is ample evidence against low dose of iodine coming directly from authorities. the CDC recommends 130mg of KI for nuclear emergencies. if everyones thyroid is going to be damaged by that amount then why dont they state that? i dare someone to do due dilligence and ask them. but wait, since KI has been traditionally prescribed by doctors, do they still offer it? the answer is of course they do. the name of the drug is PIMA. there are only a couple of things that they use it for these days, though it is basically ignored because it is not patentable and of low cost/profit(not to mention it actually works). one of the currently stated and fda approved uses is as an expectorant. the recommended adult dose can be as high as 1800mg, thats one point eight grams, of SSKI per DAY. i agree with this use as i have found KI to be one of the best lung medicines i have ever come across.

now i would be skeptical about this second point if i had not taken that much KI myself and more. a gram of potassium iodide is about as dangerous as a gram of sodium chloride, maybe less so. TPTB do not want anyone to know that. so anyone else who does not want you to know that is either working for TPTB or are one of their brainwashed useful idiots.

now that info is as good as gold.

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Geez, some people can't take a joke!!!

I sure am glad though that you jumped all over Paleobird when she kept attacking me without provocation.
    there is nothing funny about the shitstorm that follows you around wherever you go.

Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast