Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 61

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Aren't they related species?
    That's uncalled for and childish on both of your parts. She doesn't even have a dog in this hunt any more and yet you all keep bringing her up. Let's all try to act like the grownups that I assume that we are.

Grizz is online now Banned
    There you have James answer.

He refuses to answer the most basic questions about iodine supplementation.

And this does not ring any caution bells? All of you accept this without question?

All I can say is, very strange. If you want this to be in an iodine supplement group, y'all should be prepared to fight against people like James who are intent on destroying iodine for being "Poisonous" & "Toxic."

So sad, too bad,
    Grizz

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Pffft, no one believes that shit (his crap) James

He is back here because the people at Curezone think he is a loser. Maybe we don't give them enough credit!

Now bitters, are the herbal ones the same as the alcohol ones?
    Any bitter tasting food or herb can be used. Commercial bitters are in liquid form either in a alcohol base or as a glycerite. The glycerites are not very common though. And if people want to avoid the alcohol another option is to just take a pinch of a bitter herbal powder such as gentian root, mugwort, jiaogulan, Cape aloe, etc. and put it on the tongue. Suck on the powder 5-10 seconds to help extract the flavor and swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    The difference being that one contains alcohol? Content, not purpose?
    The alcohol is simply the solvent. It does not contribute to the effect. But traditional bitters again go back to the 17th century when alcohols were the primary thing to drink since most of the water available in cities was contaminated. So it would make sense that they would use alcohol to extract the herbs and use them as a drink.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i mean really, at least james has some knowledge about what he says, you're just copy/pasting what other people say
    I agree. I will take a well informed person with whom I occasionally disagree over a ranting cut and paste disciple of a snake oil salesman any day.

Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    If you are going to repeat someone's words at least spell them right.
    (context back in the thread post # 265. If you think you are so superior to actually point out others' typos Paleobird you want to make sure you don't make them yourself.)
    I guess I should have explained. Spelling "inaccurate" inaccurately was a joke because the whole phrase "inaccurate motherhood statements" was so puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Sorry, my friend, but you are mistaken. I never said any such thing. Show me the link. At least when I quote someone I usually provide a link. I think you are confusing me with JamesS. He is the one talking about cancers and chemo.
    Grizz
    Grizz, for someone who loves to accuse others of lying, you are a real piece of work.

I posted a link ONCE to a product because someone asked me what the person with iodine poisoning was taking that was helping him recover. What was I supposed to respond with? "Guess what he is taking"? The other links I have posted have been to medical journal articles or posts I have made previously so I don't have to type all the information again. But there was no reference to my products in any of those links. Even my post to you about how to address your epilepsy has nothing to do with products I sell. I simply gave you a list of what you can obtain from any health food store. And I posted a link to another company I found online that I have no association to because someone asked if I knew any company selling silk tassel that ships to Canada, so I searched for one and found one for her. If I was simply looking to make money I could have sold her some of my stash of silk tassel, which I collect in the local mountains around here. And there was another post where someone asked about what to do about his mother's diabetes. I made no mention of my diabetes formula, but instead gave a list of herbs and supplements that they can buy at a health food store. These include herbs I don't even use and therefore would not have any financial interest in any manner.
    Relax, James. I know it was only once. Taking it to a PM would probably be better in the future when it is a direct link to your product. I have found the info you have posted about bitters to be very interesting.

Get a life Grizz.
    Or flounce off again to Curezone. Really, what are you, 12?
    He's so cute when he flounces.

Can you find a Paleobird stomp as well? Could be handy in many threads.
    Are you 12?

And yet I have told you several times to start posts on the claims you disagree with such as the safety of soy. Your response was that you did not have time.
    My response was that these subjects were OT. They still are.

I would like to see you tone it down and not try to prove that everyone but you are wrong.
    Grizz
    This is just too funny coming from Grizz.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    I've got popcorn and Sea Snax for Paleobird. Anyone want some? This show is getting way too entertaining.
    But I'm starting to think maybe I've seen this movie before......
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-18-2012 at 11:27 AM.

I don't care why you were banned. If you don't understand it by now, the reason you are being banned is that you have an obsessive need to prove everyone else wrong. Just look at yourself in this thread:
    Re: The Truth about Soy Foods at Diet & Nutrition Support Forum (MessageID: 1691711)
    You are attacking everyone in sight including doctors - just as you are in this thread.
    It's kind of creepy how fixated you are on me Grizz. Please, you are not my type.

And proving a few people wrong who are wrong is far from trying to proven everyone wrong. I can name quite a few people here for example that have made claims about you that I would not even try to prove wrong because they aren't wrong.

Mercola on the other hand I have proven wrong on a number of occasions simply because he makes up to many claims going with the internet myths he reads rather than doing the actual research on the subjects. For example these:

Addressing Mercola's myths about fructose

Iodine

Addressing Mercola's anti-soy propaganda

Magnesium Stearate

Re: Finally, Proof that Cancer is a Man-Made Disease (article)

Mercola, Weston Price wrong on Soy "dangers"

If Mercola does not want to be so discredited then he needs to stop repeating internet propaganda and start doing some real research.

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    Dino,

It should be clear to everyone that Mr. James has an agenda in this thread: To destroy iodine supplements which is why we are all here. He viciously attacks anyone that recommends iodine supplementation. All of you might let him get away with this. If James knows so much about iodine to call doctors wrong, then why can't he answer a simple question about iodine.

So james, here it is once again:

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe for most people?

Grizz
    lolol i see that you are rather stumped by this paid troll. i mean seriously, with knowledge like his in such high demand you would think he had paying clients that would be using up his time instead of coming to this little backwater on the net and becoming a senior member in a few short weeks with 167 posts. lets call a spade a spade, shall we? never feed trolls.

as for iodine, the history is fascinating. as any student of medicine can tell you, the reputation of doctors was abysmal in the 18th century. allopaths were called quacks and avoided like the plague they were. people sought "traditional medicine" when at all possible with herbs and other natural modalities. but when iodine was discovered during the napoleonic wars, it was a godsend to the quacks. iodine was the first chemical that was prescribed for a specific disease - goiter. it worked like a charm. soon they were prescribing iodine for everything. they had a saying in med school - "if ye know not the what or why, prescribe ye K and I."

this use of iodine, usually prescribed by the gram, was the first and foremost step in redeeming the allopaths in the eyes of the public which has brought them today to the elevated place in society they now enjoy. now people will swallow ANYTHING they tell them to regardless of the cost. what an opportunity, eh? and they are taking full advantage of it, regardless of the harm they ultimately cause.

a hundred milligrams of iodine is nothing. one doesnt need proof of that from somewhere else. as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. one can get their own proof simply by doing it themselves. its easy to take too little iodine but the fear factor makes it extremely tough to take enough. its that simple.

James,
    Don't call me a liar. Here is your exact words, as I have pointed out several times earlier.
    Clearly you need some third grade reading lessons Grizz. From the quote you posted:

"It was an outbreak of hard-headed pimplelike spots that made me back down. Within a couple weeks, my diverticula started inflaming, but it was another 2 weeks before the pain sent me to doctor."

So first of all there is no mention of Lugol's like you keep claiming. More importantly though the poster CLEARLY states that he backed down on the iodine. Now pay close attention Grizz because I am only going to explain this to you once. "Backing down" means he was on higher levels of the iodine when he developed the iodine poisoning. So he reduced the level of iodine he was being poisoned with.

Therefore, if you don't want to keep getting called on your lies then stop lying!

James,

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe?

Grizz
    I have already answered what is a safe level of iodine. I am not going to retype the whole answer just because you are too lazy to look for it or don't have the IQ to understand it.

Now if you have some real evidence to provide instead of hearsay or already debunked claims please present it or shut up!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    That's uncalled for and childish on both of your parts. She doesn't even have a dog in this hunt any more and yet you all keep bringing her up. Let's all try to act like the grownups that I assume that we are.
    I second this motion. Enough snark attacks on PB. By all means comment/respond to any future posts she may make, but enough of these comments and responses on posts from way back.

Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast