Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 59

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, James, your purpose in life is to answer Grizz's demands.

A man who has no purpose but to jump on others' bandwagon. A man who has no answers himself.

Pathetic

Grizz is offline Banned
    James,

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe?

Grizz

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Liver aside. James, what would your suggestion be for someone who had thyroidectomy and has high cholesterol, taking syntroid and Lipitor, feeling constantly tired, thinning hair and having numerous other alignments. Any suggestions on how to get a person like that to feel normal? The person I am describing is my mother and I don't know how to help her. Thanks
    Since the thyroid was removed they have no other choice other than to take pharmaceutical thyroid hormones. But I would go with Armour over Synthroid since it at least provides T4 and the more biologically active T3. Synthroid is only the less active T4.

As for the high cholesterol my main suggestions would be bitters and lecithin. The bitters help the liver process cholesterol more efficiently. Lecithin is a fat emulsifier and keeps cholesterol in solution and promotes its excretion. Fish oils will help increase HDL, which in turn lowers LDL. I also like sterol rich plants. Sterols have a very high affinity for cholesterol and tightly bind to it. Sterols will bind the cholesterol from diet and will bind to the cholesterol released in to the intestines in bile. The binding prevents the reabsorption of the cholesterol. Various plants contain sterols. The highest source I have found though is Gynostemma (jiaogulan). Food wise olive oil is a source and seeds have a fair amount. Here is more information:

Dietary Plant Sterols and Cholesterol Metabolism

Plant Sterols and Stanols for Helping High Cholesterol

Inverse relation between dietary intake of naturally occurring plant sterols and serum cholesterol in northern Sweden

Since hypothyroidism also increases inflammatory homocysteine increasing the risk of heart disease I also recommend trimethylglycine (TMG) to keep the homocysteine levels down.
    Last edited by JamesS; 08-18-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    James,

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe for most people?

Are you afraid to answer? Or do you just not know the answer?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-18-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Don't even start with your Iodine Poisoning BS again...

You were banned for for same reason that you are calling iodine poisonous - If they called you a QUACK then maybe the term fits. Stop calling iodine poisonous and we will get along just fine.
    OK, I will not use the word poisonous I will use the word poison. Happy? Hmm.... Why do you suppose bottles of iodine have a skull and crossbones on them Grizz?

You have still not answered my question - Tell us where iodine poisoning begins in your opinion. 12mg? 24mg? 50mg? 100mg?
    Was answered a while back. Not surprised though that you did not understand the answer.

You have called 4 drops of lugols iodine as causing iodism. Sorry but this is DEAD WRONG !

Grizz
    Learn to read Grizz. I made no mention of Lugol's. If you ever get anything right we will have to have a great big celebration.

Grizz is offline Banned
    James,
    You are changing the subject again.

What is the maximum level of Lugols iodine in mg that you consider to be safe for most people?

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    Hey James, most of us see through Paleobird's pathetic attempt to discredit your intentions because your input pulled her off her pedastal and Grizz, well, how would you take anything he says seriously. As someone else said above, all he does is copy and paste and carry on like a cultist about it. And abuse people. And lie. And then change previous posts. And try the schoolyard trick of asserting what others say. Juvenile.

I still prefer your knowledge than that of someone who thinks she runs this place or a copypasting dangerous zealot
    Thanks Lambchop. I just wish he would stop trying to make this thread all about me and start posting some real evidence about iodine. But clearly he has nothing to come back with so trying to discredit me with his BS links since this is all he has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    don't even start with your iodine poisoning bs again...

you were banned for for same reason that you are calling iodine poisonous - if they called you a quack then maybe the term fits. stop calling iodine poisonous and we will get along just fine.

you have called 4 drops of lugols iodine as causing iodism. sorry but this is dead wrong !

you have still not answered my question - tell us where iodine poisoning begins in your opinion. 12mg? 24mg? 50mg? 100mg?

if you keep spreading confusion & trouble, this thread will be closed like the last one. Just accept that all of the leading iodine doctors are right and lets get on with the iodine thread. Stop being such a trouble maker.

Grizz
    yawn..........

Grizz is offline Banned
    James,
    You are changing the subject yet again. Cat got your tongue?

I think you will fight against Lugols iodine at any dosage. Right? Prove me wrong by answering the simple question.
    You KNOW IT ALL about iodine but yet can't even answer a simple question?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-18-2012 at 10:22 AM.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Gahhhh.. Grizz, I know 5 year olds more mature than you. Give it a rest.
    Or are you trying to get this thread locked to?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast