Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 54

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Innacurate motherhood statements?????? Dafuq???

This is Mark's board and by Mark's rules it is not allowed to push your company's products here.

I reported the violation of the forum rules at the time James posted his advertisement. I have no idea if the mods have taken it down or made him edit it out and I'm not going to go searching back through this train wreck to find it. I really can't be bothered.

Once again, for the record, on matters of iodine and many other things, James and I are in complete agreement. We only disagree on things that are completely irrelevant to this thread so I declined to discuss them here.
    If you are going to repeat someone's words at least spell them right.

(context back in the thread post # 265. If you think you are so superior to actually point out others' typos Paleobird you want to make sure you don't make them yourself.)
    Last edited by lambchop; 08-18-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: context

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you are telling people not to do chemotherapy when they have cancer and tell other people you'll laugh when they wind up with unpleasant side effects?
    Sorry, my friend, but you are mistaken. I never said any such thing. Show me the link. At least when I quote someone I usually provide a link. I think you are confusing me with JamesS. He is the one talking about cancers and chemo.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-18-2012 at 01:37 AM.

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Liver aside. James, what would your suggestion be for someone who had thyroidectomy and has high cholesterol, taking syntroid and Lipitor, feeling constantly tired, thinning hair and having numerous other alignments. Any suggestions on how to get a person like that to feel normal? The person I am describing is my mother and I don't know how to help her. Thanks

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Sorry, my friend, but you are mistaken. I never said any such thing. Show me the link. At least when I quote someone I usually provide a link. I think you are confusing me with JamesS. He is the one talking about cancers and chemo.

Grizz
    you're crafty, modifying posts weeks and months after the fact

but just because you hold such a special place in my heart i'm doing something i despise, and that's back reading old posts in old threads

and as locked threads cannot be quoted, what's a girl to do but copy and paste

Breadsauce,
    You are free to do it any way you want at your own peril. We choose to follow the Dr. Brownstein Protocol because each supplement in the protocol has very specific reasons for being there and many thousands of patients have proven out the safety of his protocol.

Read this on Selenium:
    Health Related Articles - Thyroid Health - Interactions Between Selenium and Iodine

Why Selenium

ATP Cofactors:

Why Vitamin C - Aid the body’s detoxification pathways

Why Magnesium

So, bottom line, If you don't want to follow the Dr. Brownstein procedures exactly, then just go ahead & do it YOUR way. Don't come into this thread CRYING if you get a THYROID STORM, a trip to the EMERGENCY ROOM, 30 lbs of BLOAT, or a face FULL OF ZITS. We will be LAUGHING at you for being so stubborn. Bwahahahaha - Mwahahahaha
    So go right ahead and do it YOUR way and let us know how it works out for you. We like to watch Guinea Pigs do our testing for us. Then WHO will be the irresponsible one ??

Grizz
    herp derp derp
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post901135

If she has not started her chemo yet, STOP HER so she can study the alternative! Iodine applied to the skin and taken internally has proven VERY effective at stopping skin cancers.

Please see the many doctor articles on CANCER here: Click on the Table of Contents to navigate.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also see this website, where iodine has been successful treating breast cancer, as well:
    Iodine-related bromide detox symptoms and strategies

From the Yahoo Iodine group:

Just my 2nd opinion.

Also, Iodine & Vitamin D3 are required to boost the immune system.

Grizz
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post860241

i'm so mistaken i guess

and no, i don't have a life, so you don't have to wonder out loud
    Last edited by bloodorchid; 08-18-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: adding quote
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    Three orders of magnitude would be 1000 times the RDA rather than three times, would it not? Which would be 150mg, or three times the 50mg Brownstein recommends.
    Technically yes. But I doubt that this was the actual context to what the author meant as this would put the dose up in to a level in which iodine poisoning does occur. So I figured the author was really referring to 2-3 times the level.

JamesS,

You are the one who opened this discussion by calling 4 drops of Lugols a "Poisonous Dosage"
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post930437

So you are insisting that only 4 drops of lugols is "Iodism & Iodine Poisoning?" Is this correct or not?
    No, I never claimed that. I have been discussing the dose of iodine that is toxic in milligrams. I have never mentioned Lugol's in these posts or amounts in drops. So again, why are you lying?

PS) Also please tell us why you were BANNED from IndiaDivine.Org

Tsk, Tsk, First banned from the Curezone & then banned by the indians, and now you are creating havoc over here at Marks Daily Apple? Where else have you been banned?
    Grizz
    Boy, you have really gotten desperate just like a few other people like Tony Isaccs over on Curezone who tried using the same tactic. The fact that you did not bother to find out what was already posted about what really happened and this has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand just goes to show that you have lost the debate but are willing to do anything in a last ditch effort to redeem yourself. Problem is that you are just digging yourself deeper in to a hole.

So to start with I was not banned from IndiaDivine. Try to get your facts straight! I was banned from "Doc" Shillington's Yahoo forum for proving him wrong with evidence even though his forum description clearly stated that debate was welcome. And again, if you would have bothered to look further I addressed this on Curezone where you clearly dug this crap up:

"Point is that no matter what I say or do the Troll Pack is going to find some way to twist it in to an attack. That is just the way some people are. And it does not matter where I go, the results are going to be the same. There is a doctor on the Yahoo boards where I posted for a short while. His site clearly stated that he welcomed debate so I posted evidence that soy was not as bad as the naysayers kept claiming. So he tried claiming that I think it was the goitrogens were not destroyed by cooking. So I found some medical references that showed they were destroyed in as little as 10 minutes of cooking. That was all it took. He immediately banned me from the forum, erased my posts then sent out e-mails to all his subscribers telling them not to talk to me and telling them I was a quack all because I proved his claim wrong. Well, several of the posters did contact me to find out what really happened since they enjoyed my posts and I responded. So all of a sudden the story pops up that I was going through the e-mail contact list, which by the way I had no access to, and e-mailing his supporters to harass them. Problem is that once I was banned I had no way to contact anyone unless they contacted me first. Funny thing is that Tony is friends with the doctor so Tony brought up a misrepresentation of the actual story several times to attack me even though that is also a violation of TOS. "

JamesS,

Yes, this sounds like you. The indians are REALLY talking about you and have your number.

"Yessssssss, well some people love to spread confusion and trouble and I guess our friend James is like that. Kinda sad actually."

"Oh, by the way, our mystery person is a man > and, in case you don't already know, his name is James Sloane. Now he > is emailing me off list, and perhaps others as well. I haven't > responded though. For someone who is so concerned about cyberstalkers > being after him, he is concerning me a bit now."

"hveragerthi aka James Sloane, aka ??, has contacted me privately also. He has been banned from this list, and now it appears indeed that he is therefore trying to contact members individually. I would strongly suggest everyone NOT to respond to any such emails but simply to delete them, or better yet, program your email program not to accept further messages from this guy."
    hveragerthi

Who is Hveragerthi (James Sloane)?
    Hveragerthi's channel - YouTube

Grizz
    Try using your brain for once Grizz. How can I have contacted anyone from that forum once I was banned since the membership list and e-mail addresses were only available to ACTIVE members!!! Once I was banned I had no way to contact anyone from that board unless they contacted me first, which is exactly what happened. Several of Shillington's board members contacted me to tell me what Shillington was saying about me. He was telling his followers that I was a quack and to not have any contact with me. So I write them back to thank them for letting me know what was happening on the forum.

And why do you keep bringing up this myth when it has nothing to do with the topic? Can't fight me with evidence so you are are looking for made up claims about me in a poor attempt to discredit me?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Technically yes. But I doubt that this was the actual context to what the author meant as this would put the dose up in to a level in which iodine poisoning does occur. So I figured the author was really referring to 2-3 times the level.
    Don't even start with your Iodine Poisoning BS again...
    In!a!most!significant!study!called!the!Iodine!Proj ect,!done!from!1997!through!
    2005,!Dr.!Guy!Abraham,!Dr.!David!Brownstein,!and!D r.!Jorge!Flechas!followed!4,000!
    patients! and! administered! 12.5! to! 100! milligrams! daily,! with! 100! milligrams!
    administered!to!diabetics!primarily,!because!low!t hyroid!function!is!also!associated!
    with! Type! 2! diabetes. They! had! positive! results!with! only! three!adverse! reactions!
    out! of! 4,000! people! (possibly! allergic! reactions! to! the! binding! agents,! excipients,!3
    fillers,! preservatives! and/or! synthetics! commonly! found! in! tablets,! capsules! and!
    even! liquids! as! opposed! to! the! bioavailable! form! of! iodine! itself).! This! research
    group!theorized!that!because!in! Japan!the!average!intake!was!13.8!milligrams,!and!
    Japan! had! significantly! less! breast! and! prostate! cancer! and! better! health! and!
    longevity!than!in!the!US,!that!higher!doses!of!iod ine!could!be!safely!used.!In!this!7S
    year! study,! they! observed reversed! fibrocystic! breast! disease,! decreased! insulin!
    requirements!in!diabetics,!significantly!less!need !for!medication!for!hypothyroidism,!
    resolution!for!fibromyalgia,!and!also!resolution!o f!migraine!headaches.!In!the!study!
    by! Dr.!Abraham,! et! al,! the! iodine! ranges! were! somewhere! between! 12.5! and! 100
    milligrams!daily!(up!to!100,000!micrograms/day)!and!were!considered!safe!dosages.!
    This!is!exponentially!greater!than!your!recommenda tion.
    http://www.gabrielcousens.com/LinkCl...language=en-US
    You were banned for for same reason that you are calling iodine poisonous - If they called you a QUACK then maybe the term fits. Stop calling iodine poisonous and we will get along just fine.

You have still not answered my question - Tell us where iodine poisoning begins in your opinion. 12mg? 24mg? 50mg? 100mg?

You have called 4 drops of lugols iodine as causing iodism. Sorry but this is DEAD WRONG !

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-18-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Actually he has been pushing the products, recommending them to people and putting links in his posts and I think that's out of line. So does the forum rules.
    I posted a link ONCE to a product because someone asked me what the person with iodine poisoning was taking that was helping him recover. What was I supposed to respond with? "Guess what he is taking"? The other links I have posted have been to medical journal articles or posts I have made previously so I don't have to type all the information again. But there was no reference to my products in any of those links. Even my post to you about how to address your epilepsy has nothing to do with products I sell. I simply gave you a list of what you can obtain from any health food store. And I posted a link to another company I found online that I have no association to because someone asked if I knew any company selling silk tassel that ships to Canada, so I searched for one and found one for her. If I was simply looking to make money I could have sold her some of my stash of silk tassel, which I collect in the local mountains around here. And there was another post where someone asked about what to do about his mother's diabetes. I made no mention of my diabetes formula, but instead gave a list of herbs and supplements that they can buy at a health food store. These include herbs I don't even use and therefore would not have any financial interest in any manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    6oz of cooked beef has about 60mg of sodium, so that's not much.

You've mentioned a few times how much salt we eat, similar to this quote of yours: "It is not the sodium that displaces halogens, it is the chloride halogen in the salt. But considering how much salt the average person consumes and the amount of fluoride so many of us are exposed to it would be very unlike that there would be any significant amount of bromine in the body unless spending a lot of time in brominated spas, drinking a lot of Mountain Dew or taking significant amounts of bromine based medications."

I was pointing out that most of us here don't eat a lot of salt, and so don't necessarily displace the other halogens. I myself was on asthma inhalers for years, with long term intake of bromide.
    If you are surviving on 6 ounces of beef daily as your only food source then you would be starving to death. What I was saying is that many foods contain sodium chloride. Beef was only ONE example. And as someone else showed a study for the sodium also displaces iodine. So your 6 ounces of beef provides 60mg of salt. How many milligrams of bromine are you getting daily? Is it less than your sodium intake and thus the sodium intake is overwhelming the bromine? And how much fluoride are you being exposed to that also pushes bromine out of the body?

Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast