Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 53

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Don't forget the nightcap to help you sleep!
    And a morning bracer, you know, just to take the edge off.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Yep, symptoms of iodism.
    I disagree, but thought it prudent to stop and see what happened. Now I know. In my case, I should have kept going. You may feel differently.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Trying to be misleading as usual. First of all I have consistently referred to the 100-150mg+ being recommended by the non-experts over at Curezone.

But lets look at your quote again:

" Originally Posted by grizz
    James, sorry to say but you are wrong again. Paysan is suffering from detox caused by taking too much iodine too soon. 4 drops of iodine to start kicks out too many toxins that the liver & kidneys cannot keep up with."

Hmm..... "To start", then of course increase the amount. Please, if you are going to be deliberately misleading don't make it so easy to expose. You take all the fun out of it!
    Hey Griz and JamesS , I love watching you fight over something I never said! Read carefully with sabres sheathed. I never started at 4 drops Lugol's 2%; I started with a single drop and it took 8 weeks to work up to 8 drops, with weekends off. And I took my salt in water when the rash (acne on body) started, as well as keeping all the other supplements going. Then I stopped for a couple weeks, started developing a gut ailment that may or may not be related to the "Boil Water Advisory" that I've been living under for at least 10 days. Whatever, I'm back on 4 drops a day, and feel it keeps me safer than w/o iodine.

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    It's five o'clock somewhere.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Innacurate motherhood statements?????? Dafuq???
    You never let me leave the house without a long sleeve top on. It's about time that you realise that I'm all growed up now.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Interesting hypothesis about high carb diets leading to iodine deficiency disease. Thought perhaps the people in this thread could comment Elsevier

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    And a morning bracer, you know, just to take the edge off.
    Added to or paired with coffee for extra exhilaration!LOL

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    It's five o'clock somewhere.
    Always, all the time.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Paysan,
    Thank you for your update, but your starting level of iodine has nothing to do with the issue. Remember that he called your 4 drops of iodine "Poisonous."
    Quote Originally Posted by james
    About your 4 drops of iodine, "Yep, symptoms of iodism." & "You can keep fooling yourself all day long, but those are symptoms of iodine poisoning."

"If I ever find one that does not advocate poisonous amounts of iodine then tells people to do salt flushes, which reduces the toxic levels of iodine, then tells people to take even higher levels of iodine poisoning them again I will let you know."

"are symptoms of iodine poisoning" mentioned over & over in multiple messages.
    The issue is that James has been calling extremely safe levels of iodine "Poisonous," and has been insisting that the Iodine Doctors are prescribing "Poisonous" dosages of iodine, such as Dr. Brownstein' Iodine Protocol. The fact is that high levels of iodine have been proven safe for well over 100 years. Then he attacks Trapper over at the Curezone for suggesting that people start with 100mg's of iodine. While I certainly don't agree with this, no one has died from this level of iodine, and those who follow his advice do report amazing success. Trapper's rational is that starting with such a high level gets Detox over with quickly, in a matter of a few days. To each their own. Trapper has 5 years of experience with his protocol, so who am I to say it doesn't work? Who the H_LL does James think he is by telling Trapper AND the iodine doctors AND you that iodine at proven safe levels are Poisonous.

James has been banned from 2 discussion groups and the image he chose for his ID at the Curezone was the Piranha. Perhaps fitting because he goes into a "Feeding Frenzy" with anyone who disagrees with him, as we have seen here.

"Doc" said about hveragerthi aka James Sloane, aka ??, "Yessssssss, well some people love to spread confusion and trouble and I guess our friend James is like that. Kinda sad actually."

"Kinda sad" greatly understates it. James is brilliant and could be a major hero here at MDA if he could somehow control his "Feeding Frenzy" attitude. Just look at his fantastic videos over at Youtube.
    Uploaded videos - YouTube

James could be a smashing success at MDA if he started his own thread about herbs. He is an expert on this subject. I do hope the best for James.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-18-2012 at 02:13 AM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well i dunno grizz, who the hell do you think you are telling people not to do chemotherapy when they have cancer and tell other people you'll laugh when they wind up with unpleasant side effects?

i mean really, at least james has some knowledge about what he says, you're just copy/pasting what other people say
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast