Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 52

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Last year, as I was starting the leptin reset ala Kruse, I tested my cortisol, and it was sky high at night. I suspected my everyday inhaler, Asmanex. My asthma doc pooh poohed the connection, despite the company's own literature saying it can cause hypercorticism. After I was on the reset diet for a month, I started with a new doc, who ok'd me to try going off the inhalers. I did, and have never needed them since. I'd been gluten free for a year before that, but with the reset, went totally grain free, no artificial sweeteners, no sugar, etc.
    Most doctors only want to treat symptoms, not get at the cause.
    Can you link me to info about this leptin reset? I've never heard of it. Thanks.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Can you link me to info about this leptin reset? I've never heard of it. Thanks.
    Owl has a wealth of information on the "Leptin Reset"

Here is the simplified introductions that I created:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567
    https://docs.google.com/document/pub...Z_6bme_8E-XYOo

Leptin Reset is not as hard as it looks, it is simply a Super-Paleo Diet. I have been out of this since Jan when I started into iodine, so owl has a lot of more recent wisdom and links on this subject. Owls are indeed wise ;-))
    I highly recommend it.

I just didn't have the time to keep up with Dr. Kruse and research iodine, too. One had to go so I focused on iodine because I felt it was far more important, when I found out that Iodine is buried, disparaged & whitewashed by the medical profession, and it is also a cheap & effective cure for female diseases such as Fibrocystic Breasts.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-17-2012 at 09:49 AM.

AndreaC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Hope this helps,
    Grizz
    Thanks Grizz
    Seems like the only thing I'm missing is ATP cofactors. I have a B complex right now, but seems I need to look at the ratios.
    I've been on colorful salt for a long time (I can taste the difference). Though I haven't been specifically dosing it.

Thanks Grizz! I'll check it later today, but suspect with my recent 21 day fast, I've done some resetting. Always look forward to learning something new...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    I've only noticed one link to his company's product, and that was very much in response to a direct question.
    He has been recommending miscellaneous herbal remedies for things, but that's pretty much what I'd expect from someone with a job title of "herbal formulator"
    Of course, we certainly want to take anything he says with a pinch of salt, but we were doing that anyway weren't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    I think this is accurate. Hardly surprising when on a forum where people seek whole foods and are inclined to favour natural remedies.

Are the accusations just because he made you look bad Paleobird? I thought you signed off this thread? Jumped back in with inaccurate motherhood statements at the first suggestion someone will challenge him, very opportunistic. Well, if you have not signed off I guess you could answer the things he invited you to answer in challenging his input...before you ran off and called him names elsewhere.

James is mainly providing tonnes of neutral Information and this is a forum where people are seeking such information. I do not see him pushing anything. This forum is full of people discussing optimal nutrition including supplements. Mark sells supplements. I take supplements. Anyone who has superior knowledge about supplements or their interaction is welcome as far as I am concerned. Or should we listen to you, just because you have such a vocal domination of the board, is that going to be more informative?
    Innacurate motherhood statements?????? Dafuq???

This is Mark's board and by Mark's rules it is not allowed to push your company's products here. It's not about me.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Ticket please
    I also brought a case of SeaSnax to share.
    Yes! Got any of the chipotle ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    One ticket please.
    Oh no SeaSnax for me thanks, I have my Lugol's.
    Seasnax are much tastier.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    It is a serious allegation, but Paleobird is just being as rude as when he first posted. Trying to take control of the thread again. Jesus, you don't own the soap box Paleobird!

I have no doubt James will win this battle. I prefer to read his analysis any day over the rants of Grizz or the smug interjections of Paleobird. At least with Grizz you can avoid him by ignoring just this thread for a while.
    I reported the violation of the forum rules at the time James posted his advertisement. I have no idea if the mods have taken it down or made him edit it out and I'm not going to go searching back through this train wreck to find it. I really can't be bothered.

Once again, for the record, on matters of iodine and many other things, James and I are in complete agreement. We only disagree on things that are completely irrelevant to this thread so I declined to discuss them here.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-17-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chahaya View Post
    Hi Gwynn, I bought some Swedish bitters. I always see them in organic stores but never got around trying them cos' I don't know what they actually do before this. If you have time, you can read the reviews of the various bitters at iherb.com or any online vitamin store -- type "bitters" or "Swedish bitters" at the search engine, then go to a store to get the one you want.

I bought a 250ml bottle of Swedish bitters at the organic store near my home -- they only had one type of bitters. I poured some in a brown dropper glass bottle. Remember to start with half a dropper each day (before food). It's a really weird sensation on the tongue. I got used to it pretty quickly, now at 3 times (half a dropper each time) every day. 3 times/day is the recommended dosage.
    Thanks, chahaya! How long have you been taking them, and have you seen any results?

Gwynn,

Try a liquor store, or the liquor dept of a local grocery - ask for Angostura Bitters. Any real drinking man or woman should know what it is, as it's an ingredient in several cocktails including a Tequila Sunrise. Angostura comes in a 4 oz brown bottle, wrapped in white paper printed with it's ingredients, which include gentian. It is a tincture, 45% alcohol, that's been around forever. For whatever reason, I have two bottles - don't use it too often, but have also been trying it at JamesS' suggestion. I find it kind of refreshing.
    Hi Piscator,

Thanks! I have heard of that but never purchased. I didn't know a Tequila Sunrise had that in it! I've always just used tequila, orange juice, and maraschino cherry juice.

Gwynn

sidewinder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes! Got any of the chipotle ones?
    Yep, I got an assortment so I could try all the flavors. Those pack more of a kick than I was expecting! Kinda sneaks up on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Hi Piscator,

Thanks! I have heard of that but never purchased. I didn't know a Tequila Sunrise had that in it! I've always just used tequila, orange juice, and maraschino cherry juice.

Gwynn

OOooops Gwynn, I'm steering you wrong. A Tequila Sunrise is supposed to use Grenadine, not bitters. Angostura Bitters goes into a Manhattan. Campari (bright red fortified wine) is another type of bitters - typically, aperitifs were thought to stimulate the appetite, but of course alcoholics always attribute all manner of health claims to whatever they like to drink. Aperitifs: before meals; Digestifs: after meals.

PrimalCon New York
    OOooops Gwynn, I'm steering you wrong. A Tequila Sunrise is supposed to use Grenadine, not bitters. Angostura Bitters goes into a Manhattan. Campari (bright red fortified wine) is another type of bitters - typically, aperitifs were thought to stimulate the appetite, but of course alcoholics always attribute all manner of health claims to whatever they like to drink. Aperitifs: before meals; Digestifs: after meals.
    Don't forget the nightcap to help you sleep!

Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast