Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 51

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Lynne Farrow, director at The Breast Cancer Choices Group has recently updated her page on iodine supplements.
    Iodine Therapy Guidelines

Thank you, and very nice work, lynne.

Lynne is also a member of this group and said she is disgusted with James and his outbursts against iodine supplements. She works closely with Dr. Brownstein, and I would not be surprised if she reports him to Dr. Brownstein. She is also a member of the Iodine Project that includes Doctors Abraham, Brownstein, and Dr. Jorge Flechas.

(Hint to James-you had best stop disparaging the iodine doctors)

Grizz
    Actually, I am sending her a copy of this link Grizz.

My ass she confides in you, you objectively come off as a complete nut. Let's see what happens when you pubically quote her like that.

James isn't disparaging anyone, just voicing his opinion about the topic to which this thread is dedicated. You, on the other hand.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Oh Grizz, the second hand quotes of other people about James is just juvenile.

Let me try it:

oh apparently Grizz is back here because everyone at Curezone thought he was a lunatic so instead of becoming the new messiah over there, as he expected, no doubt with dozens of MDA followers after his constant pimping about it, he annoyed the shit out of them. One person said he was "mad", two people noted how he topped the lists for being on member's "ignore" list and a lynch mob tried to persuade him to come back here to spread the word, just to get rid of him. In particular, David said "man, what the fuck? get him away from me".

provide a link to these quotes or stop making shit up.
    Quarry,
    You are precious. My quotes about James being thrown out of a forum are real, as proven by this link:
    hveragerthi

and you are just making up false fabrications about the Curezone. Show us the links that you allege to have seen at the Curezone. You can't because it is all false allegations.

Grizz

LOL

EXACTLY my point.

AndreaC is offline Member
    Soooooo....
    I've been trying to read this thread to get feedback on iodine supplementation. I wish there were some way to just sort for posts that apply.
    Anyway, I'm starting supplementation to deal with fatigue issues that seem to endlessly plague me. Kelp pills helped (4 x 325 mg in the mornings), but not nearly enough and I just haven't found a local purveyor that has enough real kelp to just eat it.

Pulse dosing 13.5 mg, two days on two days off (I've done 2 on, 2 off, 1 on as of today). And my energy is more consistent. But we'll see. I had already been taking Se, C and Mg for several months.

Anyone else have experience/results they'd like to share?

(FYI- F/29/5'9"/175#)

Grizz is offline Banned
    The Miracle of Iodine & it is nearly free

If you've read or heard anything at all about potassium iodide, it's probably been in association with terrorist attacks or nuclear power plant disasters. Potassium iodide (usually taken in tablet form) is recommended by "public health" authorities to protect the thyroid gland against accumulation of radioactive iodine released by a "terrorist bomb" or by nuclear power plant "meltdown". But in reality, potassium iodide is a very effective "home remedy" with literally dozens of uses.

Older readers may remember Mother putting "iodine" on cuts and scrapes. It kept infection away as well as any "modern" antibiotic ointment, with the added benefit of not inducing "bacterial resistance". But what else is potassium iodide (usually abbreviated by it's Latin initials "SSKI") good for? Read on…and then make sure to read the separate section about keeping SSKI use safe.

Some years ago, a retired Indian physician told me about his use of SSKI during more than 30 years traveling from village to village in rural Africa. Most usually, the only drinking water available was from a local stream or river, muddy and contaminated. After removing sediment and debris by straining the dirty water through cheesecloth, he'd add several drops of SSKI, and wait two to three minutes. He and his team could then drink the water. In over 30 years, he never got an infection from contaminated water. The SSKI killed any micro-organisms present.

Fortunately, the water available to most of us when traveling is considerably cleaner. Despite this, when Holly (my wife) and I travel, we always carry a small bottle of SSKI, and put one or two drops into any water we're not absolutely certain about. We've cut back considerably on airline travel this year because of the thoroughly un-American and extremely unpleasant "airport Gestapo" experience. But when we're forced to travel by air, we drink a few ounces of water with 10 drops of SSKI, and prevent any "airline sinusitis" or other respiratory infection that so often follows several hours spent breathing re-cycled, germ laden air. (SSKI rapidly accumulates in any and all body secretions, including in the sinuses, where it inhibits or kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi before they can cause an infection.)

Although Holly has never had the experience, occasionally another woman at one of the conferences we attend has developed a bladder infection when far away from home and her own physician. Holly gives her our "back-up" small bottle of SSKI with instructions to take 10 to 15 drops in water or juice every 3 to 4 hours (while awake) until the infection is gone.
    More here:
    The Miracle Of Iodine And It's Nearly Free - Share The Wealth

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Actually, I am sending her a copy of this link Grizz.

My ass she confides in you, you objectively come off as a complete nut. Let's see what happens when you pubically quote her like that.

James isn't disparaging anyone, just voicing his opinion about the topic to which this thread is dedicated. You, on the other hand.
    email with link and post number, sent.

and I directed her to the version caught in the quote box in my above post, in case you try edit it.
    Last edited by Quarry; 08-17-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Owl - me too. You say that in past tense, so why do you no longer use inhalers? I quit about 2 weeks after going primal in early 2010 and haven't used any asthma meds since. Didn't know anything about the ingredients - it didn't really matter, as needing to breathe took precedence. But damn I'm happy to not be using that crap anymore. I am so thankful for the doctors who suggested examining my diet to recommend a change to eliminate breathing difficulties - (that last part was sarcasm - why would they bother learning about something that didn't produce income?)
    Last year, as I was starting the leptin reset ala Kruse, I tested my cortisol, and it was sky high at night. I suspected my everyday inhaler, Asmanex. My asthma doc pooh poohed the connection, despite the company's own literature saying it can cause hypercorticism. After I was on the reset diet for a month, I started with a new doc, who ok'd me to try going off the inhalers. I did, and have never needed them since. I'd been gluten free for a year before that, but with the reset, went totally grain free, no artificial sweeteners, no sugar, etc.
    Most doctors only want to treat symptoms, not get at the cause.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Could you tell me what product you bought? I went to one store, and they had never heard of "digestive bitters." I couldn't remember the individual herbs James recommended at the time. I have them written down now, for when I go back. I was just wondering if you found a product that said "herbal bitters."

Thanks!
    Gwynn
    Gwynn,

Try a liquor store, or the liquor dept of a local grocery - ask for Angostura Bitters. Any real drinking man or woman should know what it is, as it's an ingredient in several cocktails including a Tequila Sunrise. Angostura comes in a 4 oz brown bottle, wrapped in white paper printed with it's ingredients, which include gentian. It is a tincture, 45% alcohol, that's been around forever. For whatever reason, I have two bottles - don't use it too often, but have also been trying it at JamesS' suggestion. I find it kind of refreshing.

oh, aren't herbal bitters different to the alcoholic bitters you use for lemon lime and bitters?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaC View Post
    Soooooo....
    I've been trying to read this thread to get feedback on iodine supplementation. I wish there were some way to just sort for posts that apply.
    Anyway, I'm starting supplementation to deal with fatigue issues that seem to endlessly plague me. Kelp pills helped (4 x 325 mg in the mornings), but not nearly enough and I just haven't found a local purveyor that has enough real kelp to just eat it.

Pulse dosing 13.5 mg, two days on two days off (I've done 2 on, 2 off, 1 on as of today). And my energy is more consistent. But we'll see. I had already been taking Se, C and Mg for several months.

Anyone else have experience/results they'd like to share?

(FYI- F/29/5'9"/175#)
    There is a very easy way to get just the posts that you want to view:
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 267, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

Each new thread begins in the left column. You will also find the entire site to be extremely friendly without the clashes & fighting here at MDA. Moderators over there throw out the trouble makers just like they banned James. Trouble makers like James are just not allowed.

You are on the right track. However to help you detox the halogens Bromide, Fluoride & Chlorine, you need to add natural salt and the ATP Cofactors to your plan:
    - - - NOTE ON DOSAGES: The range of doses are intended for the amount of Detox problems people have. Smaller dosage is for those with minimal detox symptoms. Large dosage is for people with severe detox symptoms or who cannot absorb iodine. Always work with your doctor when taking supplements.
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
    - - 200 to 400mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000 to 5000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred - do not take with iodine
    - - ATP Cofactors caplet contains both 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio. Take 1/2 caplet with iodine up to 25mg, then one caplet for each 50 mg iodine,
    - - - Cost Per Day for required supplements = 75 cents/day, 12.5mg iodoral = 25 cents/day

Complete details following. Supplements required to detox chemicals from your body.
    Complete details on required supplements with links here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Hope this helps,
    Grizz

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast