Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 50

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Jeebus! I was enjoying the opposing perspective JamesS is bringing and his knowledge of herbs. It would be great if he started a thread to discuss herbal therapy. What I don't understand is how this topic always degrades into such a mess. There are things called ideas - no one owns them and everyone is allowed to have different ones. The possessiveness over controlling opinion is really disturbing and not really that entertaining.
    Zanna,
    You are correct. James could be a SHINING STAR if he started a thread on Herbals. He is extremely talented and very knowledgeable about herbals & many other subjects. See his awesome videos on Youtube:
    Hveragerthi's channel - YouTube

Unfortunately, he comes into an iodine thread and starts disparaging all of the best iodine doctors and disparaging Lugols Iodine with a 150 yr track record as being POISONOUS. He is totally wrong in doing this, and he is making himself vulnerable to a lawsuit by one of the Iodine Doctors that he is disparaging. I'm sure that Dr. Brownstein would not appreciate being called as a purveyor of POISONOUS dosages of iodine.

James, please do take Zanna's advice and start your own thread on Herbals, where you will be totally appreciated by everyone including me. You are wasting all of your valuable talent & energy by trying to destroy iodine supplements in a thread dedicated to iodine.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-17-2012 at 08:43 AM.

chahaya is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Actually he has been pushing the products, recommending them to people and putting links in his posts and I think that's out of line. So does the forum rules.
    This is a pretty serious allegation. Do you have evidence?

In so far my experience with JamesS, he has never once recommend his products to me. They are normal stuff that can be bought everywhere, e.g. Vit B, bitters, and cultured food. I started eating the bitter melon, the plant, but later switched to taking bitters because it's more convenient. Pretty generic enough. I also don't recall him pushing specific company based products in this forum, maybe you are referring to somewhere else?

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Grizz,

The other part of my post, aside from being appreciative of his herbal knowledge, is that having more than one opinion is very welcome in this thread.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chahaya View Post

In so far my experience with JamesS, he has never once recommend his products to me. They are normal stuff that can be bought everywhere, e.g. Vit B, bitters, and cultured food. I started eating the bitter melon, the plant, but later switched to taking bitters because it's more convenient. Pretty generic enough. I also don't recall him pushing specific company based products in this forum, maybe you are referring to somewhere else?
    Could you tell me what product you bought? I went to one store, and they had never heard of "digestive bitters." I couldn't remember the individual herbs James recommended at the time. I have them written down now, for when I go back. I was just wondering if you found a product that said "herbal bitters."

Thanks!
    Gwynn

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chahaya View Post

It is a serious allegation, but Paleobird is just being as rude as when he first posted. Trying to take control of the thread again. Jesus, you don't own the soap box Paleobird!

I have no doubt James will win this battle. I prefer to read his analysis any day over the rants of Grizz or the smug interjections of Paleobird. At least with Grizz you can avoid him by ignoring just this thread for a while.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Grizz,

The other part of my post, aside from being appreciative of his herbal knowledge, is that having more than one opinion is very welcome in this thread.
    More than one opinion is definitely appreciated by all including myself. However James is not content with expressing an opinion, he has repeatedly and consistently disparaged and attempted to destroy the iodine supplement program by calling normal and healthy levels of iodine as being POISONOUS as if he were some "Expert" on iodine. That is not acceptable in a thread that focuses on iodine.

Grizz

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    It is a serious allegation, but Paleobird is just being as rude as when he first posted. Trying to take control of the thread again. Jesus, you don't own the soap box Paleobird!

I have no doubt James will win this battle. I prefer to read his analysis any day over the rants of Grizz or the smug interjections of Paleobird. At least with Grizz you can avoid him by ignoring just this thread for a while.
    ^Here, here.

chahaya is offline Junior Member
    Hi Gwynn, I bought some Swedish bitters. I always see them in organic stores but never got around trying them cos' I don't know what they actually do before this. If you have time, you can read the reviews of the various bitters at iherb.com or any online vitamin store -- type "bitters" or "Swedish bitters" at the search engine, then go to a store to get the one you want.

I bought a 250ml bottle of Swedish bitters at the organic store near my home -- they only had one type of bitters. I poured some in a brown dropper glass bottle. Remember to start with half a dropper each day (before food). It's a really weird sensation on the tongue. I got used to it pretty quickly, now at 3 times (half a dropper each time) every day. 3 times/day is the recommended dosage.
    Last edited by chahaya; 08-17-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Lynne Farrow, director at The Breast Cancer Choices Group has recently updated her page on iodine supplements.
    Iodine Therapy Guidelines

Thank you, and very nice work, lynne.

Lynne is also a member of this group and said she is disgusted with James and his outbursts against iodine supplements. She works closely with Dr. Brownstein, and I would not be surprised if she reports him to Dr. Brownstein. She is also a member of the Iodine Project that includes Doctors Abraham, Brownstein, and Dr. Jorge Flechas.

(Hint to James-you had best stop disparaging the iodine doctors)

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-17-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh Grizz, the second hand quotes of other people about James is just juvenile.

Let me try it:

oh apparently Grizz is back here because everyone at Curezone thought he was a lunatic so instead of becoming the new messiah over there, as he expected, no doubt with dozens of MDA followers after his constant pimping about it, he annoyed the shit out of them. One person said he was "mad", two people noted how he topped the lists for being on member's "ignore" list and a lynch mob tried to persuade him to come back here to spread the word, just to get rid of him. In particular, David said "man, what the fuck? get him away from me".

provide a link to these quotes or stop making shit up.

Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast