Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 49

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    And we are not talking solely about people on these forums. We are talking about the risk of iodism from taking excess amounts of iodine.

And you may be surprised at how many foods contain sodium and or chloride. For instance I know there has been a lot of talk about beef on these boards. What about all the salt in the animals tissues?
    6oz of cooked beef has about 60mg of sodium, so that's not much.

You've mentioned a few times how much salt we eat, similar to this quote of yours: "It is not the sodium that displaces halogens, it is the chloride halogen in the salt. But considering how much salt the average person consumes and the amount of fluoride so many of us are exposed to it would be very unlike that there would be any significant amount of bromine in the body unless spending a lot of time in brominated spas, drinking a lot of Mountain Dew or taking significant amounts of bromine based medications."

I was pointing out that most of us here don't eat a lot of salt, and so don't necessarily displace the other halogens. I myself was on asthma inhalers for years, with long term intake of bromide.

Sceptic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Actually he has been pushing the products, recommending them to people and putting links in his posts and I think that's out of line. So does the forum rules.
    I've only noticed one link to his company's product, and that was very much in response to a direct question.

He has been recommending miscellaneous herbal remedies for things, but that's pretty much what I'd expect from someone with a job title of "herbal formulator"

Of course, we certainly want to take anything he says with a pinch of salt, but we were doing that anyway weren't we?

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I myself was on asthma inhalers for years, with long term intake of bromide.
    Owl - me too. You say that in past tense, so why do you no longer use inhalers? I quit about 2 weeks after going primal in early 2010 and haven't used any asthma meds since. Didn't know anything about the ingredients - it didn't really matter, as needing to breathe took precedence. But damn I'm happy to not be using that crap anymore. I am so thankful for the doctors who suggested examining my diet to recommend a change to eliminate breathing difficulties - (that last part was sarcasm - why would they bother learning about something that didn't produce income?)

Sorry for the diversion, now back to the Iodine wars.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    I always wonder who this "we" is you represent. I don't think "we" have been wondering any of that stuff. Did iodine overload cause you to grow 2 heads and thus you are now a we?

"We" might be wondering why you are still here since you said curezone was superior to MDA in every way. But then again, that might just be me so I should say I am wondering that. See how that works?
    LOL. But in fact very true.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    I've only noticed one link to his company's product, and that was very much in response to a direct question.

He has been recommending miscellaneous herbal remedies for things, but that's pretty much what I'd expect from someone with a job title of "herbal formulator"
    I think this is accurate. Hardly surprising when on a forum where people seek whole foods and are inclined to favour natural remedies.

Are the accusations just because he made you look bad Paleobird? I thought you signed off this thread? Jumped back in with inaccurate motherhood statements at the first suggestion someone will challenge him, very opportunistic. Well, if you have not signed off I guess you could answer the things he invited you to answer in challenging his input...before you ran off and called him names elsewhere.

James is mainly providing tonnes of neutral Information and this is a forum where people are seeking such information. I do not see him pushing anything. This forum is full of people discussing optimal nutrition including supplements. Mark sells supplements. I take supplements. Anyone who has superior knowledge about supplements or their interaction is welcome as far as I am concerned. Or should we listen to you, just because you have such a vocal domination of the board, is that going to be more informative?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    I think this is accurate. Hardly surprising when on a forum where people seek whole foods and are inclined to favour natural remedies.

Are the accusations just because he made you look bad Paleobird? I thought you signed off this thread? Jumped back in with inaccurate motherhood statements at the first suggestion someone will challenge him, very opportunistic. Well, if you have not signed off I guess you could answer the things he invited you to answer in challenging his input...before you ran off and called him names elsewhere.

James is mainly providing tonnes of neutral Information and this is a forum where people are seeking such information. I do not see him pushing anything. This forum is full of people discussing optimal nutrition including supplements. Mark sells supplements. I take supplements. Anyone who has superior knowledge about supplements or their interaction is welcome as far as I am concerned. Or should we listen to you, just because you have such a vocal domination of the board, is that going to be more informative?
    James is providing EXTREMELY bad & erroneous information by saying that 4 drops of lugols is poisonous. One of the highly respected members at the Curezone said James HATES iodine. He is certainly acting like it here.

He just can't say such terrible things about iodine unchallenged.

He prefers seafood. So that does not give him the right to destroy Lugols iodine that some of the rest of us prefer. I could go on a tirade against seafood, but I don't. To each their own.

Grizz

sidewinder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    STEP RIGHT UP, FOLKS, STEP RIGHT UP HEEEEEYAH AND WITNESS A CLASHING OF WILLS YOU'LL NEVER SEE THE LIKES OF AGAIN, I TELL YA! SO STEP RIGHT UP, STEP THIS WAY! BUY A TICKET FROM THE PRETTY LADY OVER THERE!
    Ticket please

I also brought a case of SeaSnax to share.

Grizz is offline Banned
    James simply cannot attack highly respected iodine doctors by accusing them of prescribing POISONOUS levels of iodine.
    * Dr. Guy Abraham,
    * Dr. David Brownstein,
    * Dr. Jorge Flechas,
    * Dr. Buist,
    * Dr. Dach
    * Dr. Derry
    * Dr. Ghent
    * Dr. Dr. Hoenstine
    * Dr. Sircus
    * Dr. Cusens
    * Breast Cancer Choices Lynne Farrow
    have treated more than 4,000 patients with iodine supplementation. NONE have died from "Iodine Poisoning."

No one in this IODINE thread should accept such lies & FUD from a man BANNED from 2 message boards. James is right and ALL of the above doctors & professionals are WRONG? Who in the H--- does James think he is ?

He should promote his Seaweed & Sea fish and not try to destroy all the progress made by the Iodine 5 year on going Iodine Conference. He is doing everything he can to destroy iodine supplementation, including calling 4 drops of Lugols "POISONOUS."
    And then he attacks our testimonials on top of all of this ???

I am part of the furniture & fixtures around here, and I will not tolerate all of these attacks against honest & respected doctors from James.

This battle has just begun. Get your popcorn, soda and a comfortable seat.

Grizz

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    One ticket please.
    Oh no SeaSnax for me thanks, I have my Lugol's.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Jeebus! I was enjoying the opposing perspective JamesS is bringing and his knowledge of herbs. It would be great if he started a thread to discuss herbal therapy. What I don't understand is how this topic always degrades into such a mess. There are things called ideas - no one owns them and everyone is allowed to have different ones. The possessiveness over controlling opinion is really disturbing and not really that entertaining.

Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast