Page 44 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 44

Sceptic is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Changing the subject slightly James, why are you so high on Ozone treatment? I thought that a big part of what we were shooting for in our diet is anti-oxidants, yet from what I understand Ozone acts essentially by shedding the third Oxygen atom, which then oxidises something nearby. Why is deliberately creating an oxidised zone good in our body when generally odxidation is bad for us?
    The whole point of cancer treatments is to kill the cancerous cells. Creating an oxidised zone in the middle of a tumour is good because it should kill (at least part of) the tumour.

Grizz is online now Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    The whole point of cancer treatments is to kill the cancerous cells. Creating an oxidised zone in the middle of a tumour is good because it should kill (at least part of) the tumour.
    Sceptic,

I found this excellent article on Ozone Therapy:
    How It Works

Cancer cells die when exposed to oxygen (cancer cells are anaerobic). There are many oxygen and ozone treatments, however, this article will discuss two of the best known and most effective "Stage IV" treatments - infusion bottle and ozone I.V.

Ozone therapy using an infusion bottle involves removing part of the blood from the body, saturating this blood with oxygen (i.e. ozone - O3), then putting this oxygen rich blood back into the body.

An ozone I.V. simply injects a fluid saturated with ozone into the blood. Both treatments work by getting oxygen into the body.

The Ozone RHP technique, which puts ozone gas directly into the bloodstream, is discussed in a separate article. (See link above)

Ozone Therapy

There are many different ways to get oxygen to the cancer cells using either Hydrogen Peroxide or Ozone. The Ozone treatments discussed herein must be administered by a medical practitioner.

In infusion bottle therapy: "a pint of blood is drawn from the patient and placed in an infusion bottle. The ozone is then forced into the bottle and mixed in by shaking gently, whereupon the blood turns bright cardinal red ... The treated blood is then given back to the patient."

There are very few cancer cells in the blood, for most types of cancer. In any case, it is the oxygen put back into the body that actually treats the cancer. It is very similar to an ozone I.V. except that the blood is being used as the fluid transport for the ozone. There are other benefits as well by using this treatment because of the high dose of ozone given to part of the blood.

Ozone treatments are generally given from twice a week to twice a day, depending on how advanced the disease is and other issues. Treatments can last for weeks or months.

Ozone I.V. is a similar treatment, except that no blood is extracted. An ozone saturated fluid is put into the bloodstream via I.V.

"Ozone has been found to be an extremely safe medical therapy, free from side effects. In a 1980 study done by the German Medical Society for Ozone Therapy, 644 therapists were polled regarding their 384,775 patients, comprising a total of 5,579,238 ozone treatments administered. There were only 40 cases of side effects noted out of this number which represents the incredibly low rate of .000007%, and only four fatalities. Ozone has thus proven to be the safest medical therapy ever devised." Considering that about 100,000 Americans a year die from drug reactions and interactions, ozone therapy is amazingly safe."
    More here:
    Ozone Cancer Treatments - Alternative Cancer Treatments

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-16-2012 at 07:06 AM.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    JamesS,

I never said Trapper was an expert. What I said was there are iodine experts at the Curezone.
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 267, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:
    So who are the experts there? If it not Trapper and everyone parrots his advice there who are the experts?

I consider the curezone to be the very best iodine forum available. Just beware of what is said. There is BS on that forum just as with any other forum, which is the major reason why I insist on following a Doctor's protocol when taking iodine. There is no legitimate doctor who would EVER suggest that anyone actually start iodine at 150mg. We must take everything we read with a grain of salt.
    We will have to agree to disagree on the claim that the Curezone iodine forum being the very best iodine forum. That would be true if they were the only iodine forum on the internet, but otherwise that forum is so full of dangerous, hyped up misinformation that I would never recommend anyone go there for advice.

[QUOTE=Grizz;928970]PS) I would like to suggest that you write magazine articles & books about iodine. There are MILLIONS of women suffering from severe iodine deficiency and the resulting Fibrocystic Breasts, PCOS, Uterus Problems, hypothyroid & depression. QUOTE]

Again, fibrocystic breast disease, PCOS and uterine problems that you are referring to are fro elevated estrogen, not an iodine deficiency. And just because iodine antagonizes estrogen there are safer ways to do this such as phytoestrogens.

As for hypothyroidism as I also pointed out there are many causes of hypothyroidism and many have NOTHING to do with iodine deficiency. On the other hand high iodine levels can aggravate hypothyroidism from Hashimoto's and excess iodine can cause hypothyroidism or induce Hashimoto's. To imply that iodine is the for all cases of hypothyroidism is ridiculous.

The same applies to depression. Again, depression has numerous causes and the only cause associated with iodine is hypothyroidism that can be caused by a lack of iodine or an excess of iodine in some cases.

* Iodine Deficiency can result in Fibromyalgia
    * Iodine Cures some cases of Fibromyalgia

What about Fibromyalgia & Iodine?
    Fibromyalgia has been linked to low muscular ATP levels and low serotonin, not an iodine deficiency or heavy metal poisoning.

* Iodine Cures Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    Again this is misleading. Chronic fatigue syndrome is just that, a syndrome. Syndromes are not diseases and thus cannot be "cured". Syndromes are simply groups of symptoms. And as with other syndromes chronic fatigue syndrome can have various causes. Hypothyroidism is one cause, which iodine helps in some cases and induces or makes worse in other cases.

Grizz is online now Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree on the claim that the Curezone iodine forum being the very best iodine forum. That would be true if they were the only iodine forum on the internet, but otherwise that forum is so full of dangerous, hyped up misinformation that I would never recommend anyone go there for advice.
    We agree to disagree. Now tell us which iodine forum is the best in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Again, fibrocystic breast disease, PCOS and uterine problems that you are referring to are from elevated estrogen, not an iodine deficiency. And just because iodine antagonizes estrogen there are safer ways to do this such as phytoestrogens.
    Now tell us why so many women are CURED completely by iodine supplements with minimal detox symptoms. My file of testimonials is growing by the week and you can't dismiss them all offhand.

Are you here to promote iodine or are you a paid shill of the drug companies to destroy iodine? If you are trying to destroy iodine as a supplement, then I suggest you start your own new thread, "Why Iodine Should NOT be taken."

I am not going to debate the Pros & Cons of iodine with you. As a group, we have proven over & over again that iodine is a valuable supplement that has PROVEN to cure Fibrocystic Breasts within just a few months & to cure the breast pain in just days. You are losing credibility by denying these facts.

You are fighting against iodine and I support the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol. YOU are NOT a doctor, and YOU were thrown out of the Curezone Iodine Group, and now I see why you were thrown out. You are just a paid shill for Big Pharma.

But we are still friends and you do have a lot to contribute. I will continue posting Iodine testimonials, and you will continue fighting against iodine, so we can agree to disagree.

So once again, which iodine discussion group is better than the Curezone? Put up or shut up. We expect an answer.

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    It was an outbreak of hard-headed pimplelike spots that made me back down. Within a couple weeks, my diverticula started inflaming, but it was another 2 weeks before the pain sent me to doctor. Now I'm back on 4 drops iodine daily, but will eventually switch to sea veggies and safe seafish, as I still prefer food to supplements. (But will supplement as long as I live, thanks to modern living.)
    Yep, symptoms of iodism.

Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    ...You are fighting against iodine and I support the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol. YOU are NOT a doctor, and YOU were thrown out of the Curezone Iodine Group, and now I see why you were thrown out. You are just a paid shill for Big Pharma.

But we are still friends....Grizz
    This made me laugh out loud. I would hate to be on you enemy list.

Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    I also looked up bromism in Wikipedia. Here's part of what it said: Quote:Jump to: navigation, search
    Bromism
    Classification and external resources
    ICD-10 F13.2, G92, T42.6, T59.8
    ICD-9 967.3, E852.2

Bromism is the syndrome which results from the long-term use of the potassium bromide-based sedatives. Bromism was once a very common disorder, being responsible for 5-10% of psychiatric hospital admissions. It is now an uncommon disorder due to bromide being withdrawn from clinical use in many countries and severely restricted in others. The mechanism of bromism is due to high levels of bromide chronically impairing the membrane of neurons which progressively impairs neuronal transmission which leads to toxicity. Bromide has a very long elimination half-life of 912 days, which can lead to excessive accumulation. Doses of 0.5-1 gram per day of bromide can lead to bromism. The therapeutic dose of bromide is about 3-5 grams of bromide, thus explaining why chronic toxicity (bromism) was once so common. While significant and sometimes serious disturbances occur to neurologic, psychiatric, dermatological, and gastrointestinal functions, death is rare from bromism.[1] Bromide is still occasionally used, however, for epilepsy in some countries. Bromism is caused by a neurotoxic effect on the brain which results in somnolence, psychosis, seizures and delirium.[2] Endquote

Hmm, interesting. Bromism is a sedative, a nerve toxin, and an intestinal disturber. So I can see iodine being used in sufficient quantities to displace the halogen bromine that causes any type of intestinal problem (including Chron's ), plus epilepsy and pyschoses. There is also a pix of an infant with bromide rashes, far more numerous and darker than what I had.
    There are some major problems with these claims. First of all Crohn's has nothing to do with bromine. This is a bacterial induced autoimmune disorder. And since bromine suppresses brain function it has been used to treat epilepsy:

Bromide, the first effective antiepileptic agent -- Pearce 72 (3): 412 -- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry

J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2002;72:412 doi:10.1136/jnnp.72.3.412

Bromide, the first effective antiepileptic agent

Iodine poisoning causes epilepsy (seizures):

Iodine poisoning - Penn State Hershey Medical Center

" Symptoms

Abdominal pain
    Coughing
    Delirium
    Diarrhea
    Fever
    Metallic taste in mouth
    Mouth and throat pain
    No urine output
    Seizures
    Shock
    Shortness of breath
    Stupor
    Thirst
    Vomiting"

Psychoses have various causes. Here is a case of radioactive iodine induced psychoses:

PsychiatryOnline | American Journal of Psychiatry | Radioactive Iodine-Induced Psychosis

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Are you here to promote iodine or are you a paid shill of the drug companies to destroy iodine? If you are trying to destroy iodine as a supplement, then I suggest you start your own new thread, "Why Iodine Should NOT be taken."
    Here's an idea Grizz; instead of trashing another thread that was setup to discuss iodine NOT promote it (the clue's in the title), why don't you just fuck off to http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63821.html instead? It's much more your style.

So once again, which iodine discussion group is better than the Curezone?
    Any group that you're not a member of.

Page 44 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast