Page 38 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 38

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    By posting just to comment on the tension aren't you adding to it, or at least, not allowing it to get back on track?
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    Kelp sounds like a safe way to trial - and the tablets are very cheap.
    that was adorable
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    I try

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    I detoxed (what I'm not sure) on kelp tablets (one tablet >300 mcg iodine), we could assume that was iodine overload/detox (although I'm pretty sure I was deficient in iodine, which would make it a bromide detox - and yes I could test but I do allow my own personal judgement to have the biggest vote). I'm now at 100 - 125 mg. Lugol's iodine (Pulse dosing, weekends off). I still detox the same way, scalp acne. My breast cysts are gone. I will probably do another month of lugol's at a high dose, drop down to 50 and then 25 and decide if I think that works for how I feel. I really do think it's important to have your selenium - i've been at 200 mcg in selenium.
    I've had detox issues, as I've said, from the get go, I would really like some suggestions on detoxing liver (maybe more kidney). I have found that juicing seems to help (greens, beets, I've thrown in some dandelion). I don't find that NAC or Milk Thistle has helped. Any suggestions, especially about kidney function would be appreciated.

organicsteve is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    Any suggestions, especially about kidney function would be appreciated.
    taking a quarter tsp of realsalt and a big glass of water will help dislodge bromine from the kidneys. do this as needed.

if you dont keep with at least 100mg per day then the halogen imbalance will take hold again. in times past there was more iodine in the soil and less of the other halogens, heavy metals and ionizing chemicals in the environment. then 100mg would be a ridiculously large amount. now its a minimum. you must fight fire with fire because you cant escape the environment, unless you move to the rainforest of brazil or something.

I do most mornings a 1/2 tsp salt (gray) with water, sometimes I add lemon or DE (dia. earth sp?). I don't find that works for me for kidney function though. When I first started with the iodine (even the kelp tablets) I would get headaches and the salt works great for that but not so much the kidney function for me.

chahaya is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    I've had detox issues, as I've said, from the get go, I would really like some suggestions on detoxing liver (maybe more kidney). I have found that juicing seems to help (greens, beets, I've thrown in some dandelion). I don't find that NAC or Milk Thistle has helped. Any suggestions, especially about kidney function would be appreciated.
    Hi Ferti, I am curious why you feel that you need to detox your kidneys. Were there any symptoms? I am interested to know how you determine if a certain thing helps (or not) your kidney detox?

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    A better question would be what's with your obsession with her? Too much soy in your diet? And its laughable to see you call someone full of themselves when you clearly think you have all the answers. You've come to the right place though, plenty of folk looking for the next self absorbed health messiah hanging around this thread. You'll have people quitting their chemotheraphy around here in no time....yay you...
    I don't have an obsession with her. Just trying to understand her better. If she has a legitimate excuse to be so angry at the world and to treat people she disagrees with like garbage then I am less likely to react negatively to the person than I would to someone acting like an ass just to act like an ass.

And I never claimed to know everything. In fact, if you read some of my posts on various sites if I don't know I say so. Same reason I am not all over this site posting advice. I post on things I know about because I have researched the subjects unlike some people here trying to act like "experts". If someone really knows what they are talking about then they can explain the whys and present real evidence to back their claims. When they don't have a clue what they are talking about they resort to constant personal attacks and find excuses to present evidence to their claims.

So if you have anything useful to contribute then I am all ears. Otherwise I am done discussing the subject with you.

I've had kidney functions issues, urinate a lot - really a lot., need pads for normal living (ie, walking, breathing - never mind jumping, coughing). Started kegel (10 seconds holding them, every hour (when I remember a few time a week). Things have been better with focus but always worse during the end of my cycle (right before period), started to think it was my body not removing things it wanted remove (hence all the peeing). So right now it's me thinking I'm not eliminating what needs to be eliminated.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Constantly bringing Paleobird and her possible reaction into your posts does nothing for your credibility. It makes you appear just as angry, judgmental, and full of yourself as you claim she is. It also comes across as childish.
    I agree that it is wrong for me to react to her constant personal attacks the way I did. But you can take the nicest person in the world and you keep attacking them they will eventually get fed up and fight back.

Also keep in mind that the best way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them. I realize that it is not really "personal" per se with her because she refers to everyone she disagrees with as being mentally ill. But this just goes to prove my point that she is a bully. And bullies will get worse and worse if you let them get away with it because they know they can get away with it. It is like letting a child to get away with throwing a tantrum. If they learn they can get away with it then they also lean that they can use their tantrums to their advantage without repercussions. And nobody should have to be subject to her constant abuse.

Bring it back --- to iodine.

Page 38 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast