Page 37 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 37

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Did you mean 150mcg? Or is the 150mg mean 150mg of kelp, not iodine?

As far as iodine I recommend 150mcg daily in most cases.
    Thanks for pointing out my error - You're correct, 150mcg is what I meant!

That's what I started at years ago before I 'got into' the whole iodine thing on the forum.

Looks like I've ended up where I started!

joe2.0 is offline Member
    What is the deal with Paleobird? I have been on health forums for well over a decade dealing with a lot of personalities but I have NEVER ran across anyone so full of anger and themselves who believe everyone else is wrong but them. I see she ran from here because she was getting her butt kicked and ran over here to bash me some more thinking I would not see it:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d54851-75.html

And I see she is calling someone else, Dr. Anna, "demented". She obviously does not realize that by her thinking everyone else is "demented", "paranoid", "nutcase", "crazy", etc. is not done by a normal person!!!

A normal person if they disagree with you will provide evidence that you are wrong. Normal people do not simply state that everyone that they disagree with is somehow crazy. That makes them appear paranoid.

If a rational person thinks the other person is wrong they will tell themselves that the only way they can show that person is wrong is by providing actual evidence to the contrary. A rational person knows that is they simply keep claiming everyone else is wrong and resorts to personal attacks to try and chase the other person away instead of addressing the claims that this just proves to everyone that they have no clue what they are talking about in the first place.

She won't even discuss her views on soy with me claiming she does not have time. Does it really take more time to discuss soy than it does to post all of her personal attacks against others throughout this site? Just think, if she is really correct about soy and has the evidence to prove it here would be her opportunity to put me in my place, which she obviously would love to do. Obviously though she knows as little about soy as she does medicine. If I am wrong Paleobird then present some evidence to back your claims. Don't tip toe around like you did with my question for you as to where you get your medical information since you think scientific and medical research published in the medical journals is "cuckoo stuff".
    A better question would be what's with your obsession with her? Too much soy in your diet? And its laughable to see you call someone full of themselves when you clearly think you have all the answers. You've come to the right place though, plenty of folk looking for the next self absorbed health messiah hanging around this thread. You'll have people quitting their chemotheraphy around here in no time....yay you...

homunculus is offline Member
    JamesS what herbs is the person you are taking care of taking for their hypothyroidism? I'm hypo and trying to fix it in a natural way, any tips on that as well?
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Cholesterol is not the issue the drug companies make it out to be. Their scare tactics is just part of pushing the sale of heart failure promoting statins. Oh, I can just see Paleobird biting her tongue on that one.

What they are not telling people is that about 50% of people who have heart attacks have normal to low cholesterol levels. In addition, excessively low cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart attack and stroke.

Here is an old response I did to someone's question about the benefits of cholesterol:

Yes, cholesterol is very important to the body. In fact low cholesterol is extremely dangerous and can lead to heart attacks, stroke, dementia, depression, etc.

High cholesterol though can only have two reasons though. Either the liver or the thyroid are not working properly.

The liver regulates the synthesis and the breakdown of cholesterol and is the main reason for high cholesterol. People often have a hard time grasping this because they think if their liver tests come back normal that their liver is working fine. Liver enzyme tests are not testing for liver function though. They are looking for liver damage.

The thyroid aids in cholesterol metabolism. And when the thyroid is under active inflammatory homocysteine can rise leading to arterial inflammation and plaque formation. This is where the "protective reaction" really comes in. Cholesterol is a healing agent for the body. When we injure an area the cholesterol floods the area to help promote healing of the injury. This is true whether it be a cut or damage to an artery from something like high blood pressure. The reason we end up with arterial plaque has absolutely NOTHING to do with high cholesterol. Again when the arterial wall is injured the cholesterol lays down over the injured area as a patch work to promote healing. If the source of that inflammation is not removed then the cholesterol keeps laying down over the injury, which leads to the narrowing and possible eventual occlusion of the artery.

What is really ironic though and also shows the ignorance of the drug companies and the FDA is the use of statin drugs for high cholesterol. They tell the public that they need to keep their cholesterol low to prevent heart attack. But statin drugs are extremely well know in the medical system to cause heart failure by decreasing CoQ10 levels, leading to a deficiency of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). In fact, a commonly mentioned side effect of statin drugs is a condition called rhabdomyolosis, which is a breakdown of muscle tissue due to an ATP deficiency. This is why the commercials tell you if you experience muscle pain tell your doctor right away. What they don't mention is that the heart is also a muscle and deteriorates to the decline in ATP the same way as skeletal muscle does. In addition, statin drugs are also well know for causing liver damage. Since the liver is responsible for breaking excess cholesterol down in the first place the liver damage from statin drugs can raise cholesterol levels in the long run.

So we are back to the idiocy of the medical establishment. Not only do they fail to address the cause of the problem, but they also prescribe drugs that can lead to the same problems they are supposed to address. Again a better scam that the iodine peddlers have going.

If people want to help prevent the cholesterol from depositing on arterial walls then their main focus needs to be on keeping the arteries healthy (silica and vitamin C primarily) and keeping arterial inflammation down. Common causes of arterial inflammation include high blood pressure, diabetes (insulin damage), cow's milk (contains inflammatory xanthine oxidase), smoking and hypothyroidism (increases inflammatory homocysteine).

Fish oil is a good source of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids. And for those who are worried about cholesterol fish oil also helps increase HDL and lower LDL. Fish oil and chromium supplementation can also lower triglycerides.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    So what would be considered too low cholesterol and is there such thing as too high cholesterol and if so what level would be considered too high?

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Cholesterol is not the issue the drug companies make it out to be. Their scare tactics is just part of pushing the sale of heart failure promoting statins. Oh, I can just see Paleobird biting her tongue on that one.
    Constantly bringing Paleobird and her possible reaction into your posts does nothing for your credibility. It makes you appear just as angry, judgmental, and full of yourself as you claim she is. It also comes across as childish.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    A better question would be what's with your obsession with her? Too much soy in your diet? And its laughable to see you call someone full of themselves when you clearly think you have all the answers. You've come to the right place though, plenty of folk looking for the next self absorbed health messiah hanging around this thread. You'll have people quitting their chemotheraphy around here in no time....yay you...
    this is looking like the old iodine thread 'trolls' with dissenting opinions
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, she was bloody rude to him, which set the tone.

And to then say what she did about him in her journal...I don't blame him from going to neutral to snippy.

And a journal is still part of this public forum. If you are going to slag off someone in there, be prepared for them to enter and defend themselves. It is still part of the public forum. Cute to think you can slag off someone in there and have all your mates jump in and agree with you, and anyone who reads this public forum can see it, but the person being attacked can't jump in. Its not your private domain. It is a public forum.

Paleobird set up the tone with JamesS and then exacerbated it. If she didn't like his writing style or contribution she could not engage with it (except it does seem she thinks this was her thread). She chose to attack.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    she said, he said, he's offended, she's offended

point is, people are driving this thread down just like the other one because no one can bloody LET. SHIT. PASS.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

By posting just to comment on the tension aren't you adding to it, or at least, not allowing it to get back on track?

I really prefer seaweeds (kelp) as a source of iodine for several reasons.

First is that seaweeds also provide other required nutrients needed for proper thyroid function.

Secondly, seaweeds support the other glands that have feedback mechanisms with the thyroid.

And seaweeds contain lower, safer amounts of iodine.
    Kelp sounds like a safe way to trial - and the tablets are very cheap.

Page 37 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast