Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 35

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    there is a whole underground of communication how her and zoebird ruined the great atmosphere 2years ago.
    this, and the other 'she's dumb and he's dumb and everyone's ruining the whole board!'

can we all stop being dumb now? is it out of everyone's system? it's so tiring to read
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Oh im pretty sure most pharma drugs classify as evil to... or at least not the wonderfull life savers the drs would try to tell you they are...

As for adverse reactions.. Oh yeah.. found out the hard way my body does NOT tolerate soy and does its darndes to get rid of it... If Im lucky that just involves it coming up the same way it went down (& hopefully within running distance of a loo)

Dont seem to react to fermented soy though.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    I am really curious Paleobird. As we can all see I rely heavily on scientifically and medically proven research from science and medical journals. Since you consider these "cuckoo (proper spelling) stuff", then what do you rely on as your source of medical information? Please don't ignore my question, I would really like to hear your answer to my question.
    As I have said, repeatedly, I agree with you 100% about iodine. I never said you weren't well informed about that. I never called your views coo-koo (there are actually several spellings of that but thanks). You had that opinion of Grizz and I agree with you. Why do you keep trying to pick fights?

The posting style similarity between you two that I was referring to was the Overwhelming Wall of Text format that nobody questions because you sound so authoritative and we have other things to do besides look up all your citations. This is how Grizz got a lot of gullible people taking massive doses of iodine ("with required supplements" of course).

I honestly don't know how sound a lot of your view are or aren't. I would suggest that anyone actually dealing with things such as cancer or AIDS not find their source of information in an internet post, however authoritatively written.

I have no interest in debating extraneous topics (i.e. things other than iodine) here with you or anyone else. Nor do I have time to start other threads.

You'll have to find another playmate.

Paleobird over and out.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    As I have said, repeatedly, I agree with you 100% about iodine. I never said you weren't well informed about that. I never called your views coo-koo (there are actually several spellings of that but thanks). You had that opinion of Grizz and I agree with you. Why do you keep trying to pick fights?
    I have no clue why you think I am trying to pick a fight. Maybe it is because that is your personality to do such things, which would explain the numerous personal attacks in nearly every post of yours I have read. I have asked if you would like to debate things such as soy since you think it is so terrible and the research says differently. How is that trying to pick a fight? Or is it providing evidence that you simply disagree with that you think constitutes trying to pick a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The posting style similarity between you two that I was referring to was the Overwhelming Wall of Text format that nobody questions because you sound so authoritative and we have other things to do besides look up all your citations. This is how Grizz got a lot of gullible people taking massive doses of iodine ("with required supplements" of course).
    Sorry, I did not realize that the only information that should be posted on this forum was only stuff that you are interested in and approve of. Somehow I had the idea that these were public forums and that other people here may be interested in the information that was being presented including explanations of my points. Maybe I should resort to short, to the point personal attacks in my posts to mimic your style instead. Would that make you happier your Royal Highness?

Oh, by the way. Were you aware that the iodine compounds that Grizz is pushing are pharmaceutical drugs? I guess that evil allopathic medical establishment is rearing its ugly head again on its unsuspecting victims.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Just because someone has an adverse reaction to a substance this does not make it evil. If that were the case then we would have to conclude that all pharmaceutical drugs are pure evil.
    Pretty darn close. IMO.-) (As I post with a swollen left side of face due to being on 2 different antibiotics for a gut ailment.)

lambchop is offline Senior Member

Sorry, I did not realize that the only information that should be posted on this forum was only stuff that you are interested in and approve of. Somehow I had the idea that these were public forums and that other people here may be interested in the information that was being presented including explanations of my points. Maybe I should resort to short, to the point personal attacks in my posts to mimic your style instead Would that make you happier your Royal Highness?:
    Yes!

The rest of us are interested JamesS, keep the info coming.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member

As far as I am concerned the 150mcg er day recommendation should be plenty for most people. But keep in mind that there are always exceptions to rules. Someone who spends a lot of time in a chlorinated pool for example may need to up their iodine some. Someone with Hashimoto's may need to lower it some. A person on thyroid medications may need to lower how much iodine they are taking. Someone taking the highly dangerous iodine based drug Amiodarone need to avoid iodine altogether.

Also keep in mind that in order to know you are getting 150mcg you would have to be supplementing. But you will also be getting more iodine from your diet. How much will depend on the foods being consumed and how much. For example, beef and dairy tend to have a fair to high amount of iodine. Seaweeds in the diet or the use of iodized salt will also provide additional iodine. This is another reason I like micrograms of iodine as opposed to milligrams since it is hard to gauge the amount of iodine coming from diet.
    ]
    Thanks bro.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    An interesting extract here

The Perth Group appears to have only two active members: a medical physicist called Eleni Papadopulos-Eleopulos and an emergency physician called Valendar Turner. In late 2006, Papadopulos-Eleopulos and Turner testified in the appeal trial of Andre Chad Parenzee, an HIV-positive man convicted of endangering life by having sex with three women without informing them of his infection. The two witnesses intended to demonstrate that HIV had not been proven to exist; that HIV tests were unreliable; and that there was no evidence of HIV transmission through sex.

The presiding judge concluded that the Perth Group members had no qualifications or practical experience in virology, immunology or epidemiology, and were not qualified to express opinions about the existence of HIV, or whether it had been shown to cause AIDS. The judge found that the pair relied entirely on the work of others, which they often took out of context and misrepresented. Their arguments were found to lack plausibility and cogency, and to have "minimal" probative value. "I am satisfied that no jury would conclude that there is any doubt that the virus HIV exists," said Justice Sulan. "I consider no jury would be left in any doubt that HIV is the cause of AIDS or that it is sexually transmissible."46

from this

HIV Causes AIDS

Well worth reading in view of some of the posts above....

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Also this

"The scientific community considers the evidence that HIV causes AIDS to be conclusive[4][5] and rejects AIDS-denialist claims as pseudoscience based on conspiracy theories,[6] faulty reasoning, cherry picking, and misrepresentation of mainly outdated scientific data.[4][5][7] With the rejection of these arguments by the scientific community, AIDS-denialist material is now targeted at less scientifically sophisticated audiences and spread mainly through the Internet.[8][9]
    Despite its lack of scientific acceptance, AIDS denialism has had a significant political impact, especially in South Africa under the presidency of Thabo Mbeki. Scientists and physicians have raised alarm at the human cost of AIDS denialism, which discourages HIV-positive people from using proven treatments.[5][6][8][10][11][12] Public health researchers have attributed 330,000 to 340,000 AIDS deaths, along with 171,000 other HIV infections and 35,000 infant HIV infections, to the South African government's former embrace of AIDS denialism.[13][14]"

from here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_denialism

So it looks like we have a "denialist" posting here. With whom I have no intention of "debating" further - such puerile insults as "goody two shoes" really undermined any apparent credibilty as far as I am concerned.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quick question:

I have about 10x 12.5mg Iodoral tablets left, and stopped taking them about 3 weeks back. I have taken Iodoral/Lugol's for about 2 years with doses up to 50mg, so I assume I'm now 'saturated' now if such a thing can happen.

I haven't noticed any difference but want to keep supplementing iodine 'just in case'.

What are the current thoughts on kelp?

Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast