Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 32

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Especially when I proved the soft, squishy green balls people were passing after doing the so-called "liver flushes" were nothing more than saponified olive oil and sterol-cholesterol complexes..
    Hold the Phone

i had one of those but it didnt come after olive oil.

please explain in more detail
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    The amount of conflicting information "out there" is a bit overwhelming. Who do we trust?

James, what would you consider too large of a dose?

I had been eating according to the Primal Blueprint for about 6 months before I started iodine supplements. My cycles regulated and my menstrual pain almost entirely disappeared only after I started the iodine. I take 6mg per day (unless I forget). My TSH was high at my last thyroid hormone check, but that could be because my dose was too low. Does iodine react directly with T4 or the TSH secretion mechanism in the absence of a thyroid gland?

I'm thinking of stopping the supplement for a month or two to see what happens, as a self-experiment.

jaye is offline Senior Member
    James - A couple questions... Thanks in advance!

Is the iodine loading test the best test for measuring deficiency/ sufficiency?

If iodine has estrogen-blocking properties, is it useful for estrogen dominance and endometriosis?

Is iodine sufficiency important for breast, ovary and prostrate health?

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Cancer drugs cause cancer? AIDS drugs cause AIDS?

I am DONE with this thread.
    Yes, it has gone totally whacky now. Grizz I thought was bad.....

Omni is offline Senior Member
    There are also documented cases of people going off AZT and all their AIDS symptoms disappearing. The AMA refers to these cases though as "spontaneous remissions" rather than admitting the drug was causing the AIDS.
    I have heard doctors use this term "spontaneous remissions" in a variety of diseases without any true understanding of what they are saying.
    On the one hand they present as the "all knowing" and completely definative in their concept of the disease and ruling out all other possibilities of healing, then freely admit the existence "spontaneous remission", this can only be one of two things either "divine intervention" or an admission that they don't really know what is going on.
    Either way it does not bode well for conventional medicine.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Hold the Phone

i had one of those but it didnt come after olive oil.

please explain in more detail
    Saponification is a normal part of the digestive process. Various fats can be saponified forming these "soap stones" (fecal soaps). The consumption of large amounts of oil simply increase the amount of saponifiable material.

Also, many plants and oils contain sterols. Sterols bind cholesterol tightly forming sterol-cholesterol complexes that can also superficially look like real gallstones. The cholesterol can come from foods or the sterols can bind with the cholesterol in the bile that is released in to the intestines.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    It is well known in allopathic medicine that chemotherapy drugs are carcinogenic. For example, cisplatin:

Cisplatin

And etoposide:

Secondary leukemia associated with a conventional dose of etoposide: review of serial

And cyclophosphamide:

Cyclophosphamide

And docetaxel that can cause leukemia:

Docetaxel

I am not going to go through the long list of carcinogenic antineoplastic drugs. All people really have to do if they really want to learn the facts is do a little simple research.

To understand this proven concept is it important to first understand what AIDS is. I have heard numerous so-called "AIDS experts" refer to AIDS as a disease, which just goes to prove that they are not experts by any means. AIDS is a syndrome (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). Syndromes ARE NOT diseases, they are groups of symptoms. Thus anything that causes those symptoms can be considered a cause. When AIDS first appeared one of the top scientists for the CDC, Robert Gallo, tried to falsely claim discovery of the HIV virus after he was given a sample by a French team that discovered the virus and asked Gallo to confirm the findings. Gallo was later charged with scientific fraud over the incident. Later Gallo developed and patented an antibody test for HIV and needed a way to push sales. So Gallo got up before a worldwide AIDS symposium and falsely claimed he had found the cause of AIDS, which he claimed was HIV. Problem was that under the original definition of AIDS, which was several opportunistic infections HIV COULD NOT cause AIDS. Since Gallo had already been charged with scientific fraud earlier, and here he was going to embarrass the U.S. government yet once again with being caught in his newest lie the government had to find a way to quickly cover up Gallo's newest fraud. The only solution was to change the definition of AIDS to fit the HIV virus, so that is exactly what they did. Therefore, the addition of a drop in CD4s below 200 was added since this was the only thing HIV could do.

So why did I explain all that? Because it is important to understand what the symptoms of the syndrome AIDS are. So the definition of AIDS constitutes immune suppression leading to opportunistic infections, which the virus human herpes virus type 6 variant A (HHV6-A) can do, but not HIV, and with the expanded definition the drop in CD4s below 200, which is the only thing HIV can do.

So back to AZT (zidovudine). AZT was not invented for AIDS, it was invented as a chemotherapy drug back in 1962. The drug was found to be so deadly though that it was banned for human use. When AIDS appeared it was brought back on the market in an attempt to recoup the original financial losses. As with HHV6-A, AZT can cause a complete collapse of the immune system, unlike HIV. AZT does this by destroying the bone marrow. When the bone marrow is destroyed there are no stem cells being produced to form immune cells, including CD4 cells. Once the CD4 cell counts drop below 200 an AIDS diagnosis can be given. With the decline of all other immune cells the immune system collapses leading to the formation of the opportunistic infections including the cancers Kaposi's sarcoma, lymphoma and squamous cell carcinoma.

In fact there are numerous documented cases of perfectly healthy people testing HIV+ and developing AIDS symptoms shortly after starting on AZT. There are also documented cases of people going off AZT and all their AIDS symptoms disappearing. The AMA refers to these cases though as "spontaneous remissions" rather than admitting the drug was causing the AIDS.

In one of my old Physician Desk References (PDRs) from shortly after AZT was put on the market they clearly stated that AZT could cause symptoms of AIDS. Again, AIDS is symptoms so they were admitting that AZT caused AIDS. As this fact started getting exposed though this line was removed from future PDRs.

Then there was the largest study ever conducted on AZT, the Concorde Study. This study confirmed that the use of AZT shorted the lives of people testing HIV+ rather than extending it due to the ability of AZT to completely collapse the immune system. And once again what happens when the immune system is completely collapsed? The person has a drop in CD4s low enough to be defined as having AIDS and they develop opportunistic infections that also allow for a diagnosis of AIDS.

Also note that as soon as new AIDS drugs were introduced to replace AZT as the primary drug treatment the incidence of AIDS cases immediately started declining in the U.S.

Again, all of this can be easily verified with a little simple research.

If that's your choice.
    "A little learning is a dang'rous Thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian Spring: There shallow Draughts intoxicate the Brain, And drinking largely sobers us again."
    Last edited by jammies; 08-10-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle5690 View Post
    The amount of conflicting information "out there" is a bit overwhelming. Who do we trust?
    Best thing you can do is study up on how the body works then do the research on recommendations. The better someone understands human anatomy and physiology the easier it is to weed through what is hype to get to actual facts.

James, what would you consider too large of a dose?
    Read my response on post #310 on this thread.

I had been eating according to the Primal Blueprint for about 6 months before I started iodine supplements. My cycles regulated and my menstrual pain almost entirely disappeared only after I started the iodine. I take 6mg per day (unless I forget). My TSH was high at my last thyroid hormone check, but that could be because my dose was too low. Does iodine react directly with T4 or the TSH secretion mechanism in the absence of a thyroid gland?
    T4 is an iodine based hormone. But without a thyroid the body cannot produce T4. And TSH is released based on thyroid hormone levels not iodine levels. But the TSH is not going to do anything without a thyroid. It is only a marker for the exogenous thyroid hormone levels.

I'm thinking of stopping the supplement for a month or two to see what happens, as a self-experiment.
    If you still had a thyroid I would recommend that you wean off of slowly since if on high doses of iodine for a then suddenly stopping or reducing the dose significantly can throw the thyroid in to a severe hypothyroidism. I am helping someone going through this problem right now.

I know you implied above that the thyroid was removed or destroyed, but I wanted the warning up for people deciding to do this that still have their thyroid intact.

Quote Originally Posted by jaye View Post
    James - A couple questions... Thanks in advance!

Is the iodine loading test the best test for measuring deficiency/ sufficiency?
    The most accurate I am aware of.

If iodine has estrogen-blocking properties, is it useful for estrogen dominance and endometriosis?
    Can it help? Yes. Is it the only thing that can help? No. Is it the safest way to help these conditions? No.

Is iodine sufficiency important for breast, ovary and prostrate health?
    Yes, but so is water. But just like taking too much water can hurt you so can taking too much iodine. This is why I don't recommend iodine therapy for estrogen dominance conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Yes, it has gone totally whacky now. Grizz I thought was bad.....
    The difference between Grizz and I is the information that I have been presented can be easily verified with a little simple research from the medical journals. But alas, some people prefer to remain bliss in their ignorance.

Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast