Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 31

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    This forum format is different from any others I have posted on so I am still getting use to it. But I am use to bolding my lines to differentiate from the persons lines I am responding to instead of having to do the old << or by using different colored fonts since that can get even more confusing after having to use several different colors in a post. I have always found it easier and faster to do it this way. And when I first started posting I found that if I only wrote within the quotes that it would not allow me to post saying the post was too short. But I finally hit the posts explaining how to get around some of these problems so I will try to keep the persons quote intact with the ID now that I see how to do it.
    Thanks! Much easier to follow.

Been reading and thinking about your posts, you explain things well. Thanks for helping to clarify the issues and also stop us being misled.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Cancer drugs cause cancer? AIDS drugs cause AIDS?

I am DONE with this thread.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Actually JamesS, I would love to know your top 5 tips for weightloss. There is a lot of conflicting info on this forum, so I tend to stick to the info in Mark's book. Not asking you to refer to any of that, but if you have an opinion, I would love to hear it. Thanks

Freshy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Cancer drugs cause cancer? AIDS drugs cause AIDS?

Cancer drugs DO cause cell death of both healthy and cancerous cells. AIDS/HIV drugs do suppress immune function, which can lead to one of the oppurtunistic diseases that classify the progression to AIDS. What is outlandish about these statements that would cause you to leave the thread?

Thanks for the counterpoints on iodine JamesS.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Cancer drugs cause cancer?
    It is well known in allopathic medicine that chemotherapy drugs are carcinogenic. For example, cisplatin:

Cisplatin

And etoposide:

Secondary leukemia associated with a conventional dose of etoposide: review of serial

And cyclophosphamide:

Cyclophosphamide

And docetaxel that can cause leukemia:

Docetaxel

I am not going to go through the long list of carcinogenic antineoplastic drugs. All people really have to do if they really want to learn the facts is do a little simple research.

AIDS drugs cause AIDS?
    To understand this proven concept is it important to first understand what AIDS is. I have heard numerous so-called "AIDS experts" refer to AIDS as a disease, which just goes to prove that they are not experts by any means. AIDS is a syndrome (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). Syndromes ARE NOT diseases, they are groups of symptoms. Thus anything that causes those symptoms can be considered a cause. When AIDS first appeared one of the top scientists for the CDC, Robert Gallo, tried to falsely claim discovery of the HIV virus after he was given a sample by a French team that discovered the virus and asked Gallo to confirm the findings. Gallo was later charged with scientific fraud over the incident. Later Gallo developed and patented an antibody test for HIV and needed a way to push sales. So Gallo got up before a worldwide AIDS symposium and falsely claimed he had found the cause of AIDS, which he claimed was HIV. Problem was that under the original definition of AIDS, which was several opportunistic infections HIV COULD NOT cause AIDS. Since Gallo had already been charged with scientific fraud earlier, and here he was going to embarrass the U.S. government yet once again with being caught in his newest lie the government had to find a way to quickly cover up Gallo's newest fraud. The only solution was to change the definition of AIDS to fit the HIV virus, so that is exactly what they did. Therefore, the addition of a drop in CD4s below 200 was added since this was the only thing HIV could do.

So why did I explain all that? Because it is important to understand what the symptoms of the syndrome AIDS are. So the definition of AIDS constitutes immune suppression leading to opportunistic infections, which the virus human herpes virus type 6 variant A (HHV6-A) can do, but not HIV, and with the expanded definition the drop in CD4s below 200, which is the only thing HIV can do.

So back to AZT (zidovudine). AZT was not invented for AIDS, it was invented as a chemotherapy drug back in 1962. The drug was found to be so deadly though that it was banned for human use. When AIDS appeared it was brought back on the market in an attempt to recoup the original financial losses. As with HHV6-A, AZT can cause a complete collapse of the immune system, unlike HIV. AZT does this by destroying the bone marrow. When the bone marrow is destroyed there are no stem cells being produced to form immune cells, including CD4 cells. Once the CD4 cell counts drop below 200 an AIDS diagnosis can be given. With the decline of all other immune cells the immune system collapses leading to the formation of the opportunistic infections including the cancers Kaposi's sarcoma, lymphoma and squamous cell carcinoma.

In fact there are numerous documented cases of perfectly healthy people testing HIV+ and developing AIDS symptoms shortly after starting on AZT. There are also documented cases of people going off AZT and all their AIDS symptoms disappearing. The AMA refers to these cases though as "spontaneous remissions" rather than admitting the drug was causing the AIDS.

In one of my old Physician Desk References (PDRs) from shortly after AZT was put on the market they clearly stated that AZT could cause symptoms of AIDS. Again, AIDS is symptoms so they were admitting that AZT caused AIDS. As this fact started getting exposed though this line was removed from future PDRs.

Then there was the largest study ever conducted on AZT, the Concorde Study. This study confirmed that the use of AZT shorted the lives of people testing HIV+ rather than extending it due to the ability of AZT to completely collapse the immune system. And once again what happens when the immune system is completely collapsed? The person has a drop in CD4s low enough to be defined as having AIDS and they develop opportunistic infections that also allow for a diagnosis of AIDS.

Also note that as soon as new AIDS drugs were introduced to replace AZT as the primary drug treatment the incidence of AIDS cases immediately started declining in the U.S.

Again, all of this can be easily verified with a little simple research.

If that's your choice.

KellyS is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    In the one case they describe that really does not sound like an allergy. They say the man clutched his chest before going unconscious. I would speculate the the sudden surge of iodine over stimulated the thyroid forcing the heart in to hyper drive causing heart failure. And he could have had a weak heart to begin with for all we know.
    First, I am loving your input. So, how much iodine is necessary? Just curious, what other forums are you posting on since you may not have enough time to actively post here?

Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Actually JamesS, I would love to know your top 5 tips for weightloss. There is a lot of conflicting info on this forum, so I tend to stick to the info in Mark's book. Not asking you to refer to any of that, but if you have an opinion, I would love to hear it. Thanks
    1. Check your basal body temperature for at least a week to see if hypothyroidism is a possible contributing factor. Lab tests for thyroid are notoriously inaccurate for several reasons and so cannot be relied on. Basal body temperature in conjunction with symptoms is far superior to lab tests.

2. Exercise. Muscle burns fat even in a resting state. Therefore, the more muscle a person can develop the easier it will to lose weight. As fat is reduced this will also reduce estrogen levels that contribute to fat formation. And if the exercise is routine enough the body can learn to burn its fat stores as its primary means of energy production.

3. Diet. In my opinion the diet should be primarily low glycemic vegetables and fiber rich foods to slow glucose uptake. Meats from mammals and fowl and dairy should be limited in large part due to their hormones that promote weight gain. This includes organic. Organic may be lower in these hormones but these animals still produce their own hormones that remain in the meats and dairy. If fruits are consumed again high fiber and low glycemic.

A primarily plant based diet also has the benefit of being higher in phytoestrogens that can help reduce weight again by antagonizing real estrogens. And the fibers of the plants feed the flora that metabolize estrogen metabolites further reducing the estrogen load.

4. Digestive bitters to help improve not only digestion but also the breakdown of excess hormones by the liver that would otherwise contribute to weight gain. Note though that bitters should not be used if you have had your gallbladder removed.

Bitters also help to reduce body fat by improving liver function allowing for the increased breakdown of fat stores.

5. Drink plenty of water, especially cold water. Water helps to remove toxic wastes from the body that can otherwise be stored as fat if not processed or eliminated.

Drinking more water can also help flush out excess sodium that can cause increased weight through water retention.

Cold water causes the body to burn a significant amount of calories to warm the water up to body temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshy View Post
    Cancer drugs DO cause cell death of both healthy and cancerous cells. AIDS/HIV drugs do suppress immune function, which can lead to one of the oppurtunistic diseases that classify the progression to AIDS. What is outlandish about these statements that would cause you to leave the thread?
    I think the problem is people do not like having their belief systems challenged. I had this problem a lot on Curezone. Especially when I proved the soft, squishy green balls people were passing after doing the so-called "liver flushes" were nothing more than saponified olive oil and sterol-cholesterol complexes.

And there was one forum where the forum owner was making the most bizarre claims such as acidity in the body causes the body to turn in to a puddle of goo. He is also the one that taught Grizz to believe that sunlight was acidic due to its hydrogen content. Sunlight is made up of photons, not hydrogen. Anyway, despite his claims being continually debunked by myself and several other people this guy had a strong cult-like following. His followers harassed me relentlessly on Curezone and even attacked me on on my personal message board I had at the time.

People get in to this zone of belief that they don't want challenged. If they find out what they believed for so long was a lie all along they feel like they were "taken" and this makes them angry and they lash out at the exposer.

It would be like if someone walked in to a Southern Baptist Church and started proclaiming that God and Christ are complete myths. This would not go over well at all because their belief systems are being challenged.

But it is up to the person to decide if they wish to dismiss evidence to protect their beliefs or to research the evidence to see if their belief system needs to be adjusted. I cannot force anyone to either of these. I simply present what I know and the evidence for those who are interested in the information and evidence. If I thought nobody here was interested in what I have to present I would not even waste a second here.

Besides, if everyone had the same beliefs life would be pretty boring. After all what would we have to discuss if all had the same information and all agreed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshy View Post
    Thanks for the counterpoints on iodine JamesS.
    Thanks.

Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Again, another horribly negative comment about a very concerned and considerate poster here. What is wrong with you??
    My comment was in half-fun, half serious. I think that Paleobird definitely owns her style and while it does rub me the wrong way at times, I respect that she does own her style and I also respect her opinion. Sometimes I love her, sometimes not so much. But I think a crush is definitely developing.

I think she took my comment in stride. I appreciate your concern for her though. You are a good friend.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
    First, I am loving your input.
    Thanks.

So, how much iodine is necessary?
    As far as I am concerned the 150mcg er day recommendation should be plenty for most people. But keep in mind that there are always exceptions to rules. Someone who spends a lot of time in a chlorinated pool for example may need to up their iodine some. Someone with Hashimoto's may need to lower it some. A person on thyroid medications may need to lower how much iodine they are taking. Someone taking the highly dangerous iodine based drug Amiodarone need to avoid iodine altogether.

Also keep in mind that in order to know you are getting 150mcg you would have to be supplementing. But you will also be getting more iodine from your diet. How much will depend on the foods being consumed and how much. For example, beef and dairy tend to have a fair to high amount of iodine. Seaweeds in the diet or the use of iodized salt will also provide additional iodine. This is another reason I like micrograms of iodine as opposed to milligrams since it is hard to gauge the amount of iodine coming from diet.

Just curious, what other forums are you posting on since you may not have enough time to actively post here?
    For health I started a new forum site, MedCapsules.com, which is basically set up to become a central "bank" for health and medical information. There are sections for both allopathic and holistic information so people can choose which way they want to to go with their research. This also helps to show how allopathic and holistic can be blended together since each has its pros and cons. If I had cancer or any other disease I would definitely go holistic since allopathic has failed miserably in this area. But if I was in a major car accident or has a ruptured aneurysm then I would require allopathic. And I often have people go to their doctors for certain tests like blood work or scans. Both allopathic and holistic have their attributes and their quackery. That is why we have research. So the site is to help make that research easier by finding and providing useful information without having to weed through millions of sites of sales hype. I hope to eventually get other people in their with their own forums so I am not answering virtually every question.

I have not done too much on other health forums lately. I was very active on Curezone for over three years, but I am glad to be away from there anyway. The site has really gone downhill. The motto is "Educating instead of medicating" but the majority of the posts now are on religion, politics, Jew bashing, posting music videos, etc. and rampant personal attacks. What little is posted on health is mostly debunked BS that they refuse to let go of.

Other than that I check the Meteorite Junction board because one on my hobbies is collecting meteorites. Here is sampling of my collection I have posted:

Meteorite Junction &bull; View topic - James' Collection

Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast