Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 27

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How about everybody *not* named James and PaleoBird can take a chill pill and let them get over their apparent internet tiff? That would the give thread a chance to not devolve into feather ruffling at least.

I'm interested in learning more about most of the things JamesS has posted about. He hasn't set off my BS-ometer yet (in the way that Grizz did quite quickly).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Did you miss the part where I said that he and I agree about iodine?
    Relevance?

My objection is your rude condascending response to a new member, who is spending time sharing what appears to be significant knowledge, in that horrible way. Unnecessary.

Paleobird Guest
    Nothing to get over, at least on my side. I don't mind agreeing to disagree about things that are tangential to this discussion in the first place.

How many times do I have to say it? James and I agree when it comes to iodine.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    How about everybody *not* named James and PaleoBird can take a chill pill and let them get over their apparent internet tiff? That would the give thread a chance to not devolve into feather ruffling at least.

I'm interested in learning more about most of the things JamesS has posted about. He hasn't set off my BS-ometer yet (in the way that Grizz did quite quickly).
    Well, a few people chiming in and saying "thanks James" might mitigate the rude response he received and a few people saying "that's not cool" to Paleobird might demonstrate to others reading the forum that that behaviour is not the norm.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    My objection is your rude condascending response to a new member, who is spending time sharing what appears to be significant knowledge, in that horrible way. Unnecessary.
    Oh, boo,hoo!
    And, if you are going to accuse someone of being condescending, at least spell it right.

Yeah, I'm just insufferable. I know.

Paleobird Guest
    Things James and I agree on :

Iodine does not cure cancer.
    Iodine should not be taken in huge dosages.
    Reactions said to be "detox" are actually iodine overdose symptoms.
    Dr. Brownsien is a quack selling products.
    The baking soda guy is a quack too.
    Cancer is not a fungus.
    Dr. Mercola is not always the most reliable source of info.

Places where we differ:

The evil greed factor in medicine being so huge. BTW, I never said that big Pharma wasn't evil, just not to blame and bash the doctors.
    The efficacy of chemo.
    The health effects of soy.

On balance, I like this guy a lot.

And get the SeaSnax. They're better than popcorn and they have iodine.
    I don't generally quote myself but, Lambchops, evidently you missed this upthread.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Oh, boo,hoo!
    And, if you are going to accuse someone of being condescending, at least spell it right.

Yeah, I'm just insufferable. I know.
    You are now just being a bitch.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    I don't generally quote myself but, Lambchops, evidently you missed this upthread.
    Are you dumb?

The bit he quoted on the previous page is to your rudeness and attitude. You were just a bitch to JamesS, nothing to do with your conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    You are now just being a bitch.
    Yep. She is.

Clearly the message is: unless you agree with Paleobird, she will abuse you.

That is what the ignore button is for

and how does she miss the point about abusing new members? It is OK to do that so long as they agree with her opinion about Iodine. Back off anyone who doesn't agree with her sermons on this forum!

And brace yourself for abuse if you are busy and not proofreading your entries because she will call you out on that too. Now who has nothing better to do?
    Last edited by lambchop; 08-09-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: add

Paleobird Guest
    Any time you two are done with the personal attacks on me, I would be happy to get back to discussing iodine.

Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast