Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 26

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=JamesS;924361]I am trying really hard to be patient with your acting like a complete jerk with every post, but my patience is really getting thin!

It has nothing to do with "reading comprehension" as you put it. In fact, if you had any reading comprehension yourself then you would have realized that I clearly pointed out that I had been reading posts over several days. But I did not read all the details of your post, which is why I wrote "Even you mentioned it was caught early and it sounds like they did a lumpectomy ". Hmm.... "Sounds like", which clearly shows I did not read your post in detail. Even if I had it would not matter since I am not going to remember every detail of every post of yours I have read because you simply are not that important to me!!!

Your patience really does not matter - YOU are being a complete jerk being so negative to Paleobird, who has posted a lot of useful info here. Some of your posts have been informative - keep it at that. Don't descend to abuse, please. PB has been putting some of the best advice I have read on these threads and has been vilified - if she is a little short at times I am not in the least surprised.

Read more, think more.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    I am not sure if I am in total awe at Paleobird's efficient tenacity or completely put off by her constant criticism. Could it just be an Internet board crush?!?

JamesS may be her match though. I am getting the popcorn ready.

What is funny is that I am rethinking the amount of Iodine I want to take because of James's information, which I believe Paleobird would agree with.
    Again, another horribly negative comment about a very concerned and considerate poster here. What is wrong with you??

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    efficient tenacity & constant criticism could be compliments. considering how the other thread went, constant criticism is needed

i don't know why you're put off so badly by it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Again, another horribly negative comment about a very concerned and considerate poster here. What is wrong with you??
    I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone who resents being "informed" of something in a condescending manner and I wouldn't refer to that style as considerate. There's been at least 4 members here saying essentially the same thing in the last two pages, so apparently it hits a nerve and folks were just calling her out on it. To her credit, she seems to have recognized it in her last post. I didn't follow the last iodine thread very closely, but I think she was on the defensive in dealing with what is a very highly charged topic.

We'll all get over it.

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks, breadsauce, I appreciate the sentiment. But really, when it come to actual iodine issues, James and I are pretty much on the same page. He overdoes the rants against the medical establishment a bit much for my tastes, but hey, that's just his viewpoint.

I never said that there weren't bad doctors out there or that money does not factor into the medical care industry. After all it is an industry. I only said that, when one pays regular HMO dues, the more expensive treatments come out of the HMO's pockets thereby discrediting the argument that doctors give you treatments you don't need when herbs would work and suppress herbal cures because they want your money. My HMO would have lost a lot less money on my cancer if they had given me herbs, or baking soda.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    This thread has turned quite awesome.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    And you could stand to improve your ability to get along with others without the constant sarcasm directed at anyone who disagrees with you. Seems that his reading comprehension is pretty good, although it's likely that he simply missed that small detail in the volumes of your personal history you've provided in this thread. I know I missed it, as I've taken to skimming much of what you write.

Don't take this to mean that I'm trying to diminish your experience. I am happy for you that you've overcome the cancer and I'm sure I'll never understand the level to which that has transformed your appreciation for your life and how you went about the healing process. However, your condescension towards others is overbearing.
    + 1

James, loving your input here. Thanks.

I skim what PB says too, the tone puts me off.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    + 1
    James, loving your input here. Thanks.
    I skim what PB says too, the tone puts me off.
    If you actually read both you would see that we are agreeing 9 times out of 10. He's just a bit more into the conspiracy of the evil doctors meme than I am. That's a tangent as far as I am concerned. When it come to the actual topic of iodine, we agree completely.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

<long rant with outdated "evidence" of how nasty chemo is.> Duh.
    <more ranting about the faults of the FDA> Nobody said the system is good.
    <lots of unsupported assertions about the ineffectiveness of allopathic medicine>

You need to improve your reading comprehension.

Dismiss as science fiction anything that does not agree with your opinion. That works.

What puzzling is not the content but the sheer volume. I have other things to do today. Do you?
    This is, frankly, rude.

I am upset that you are speaking like this to a new member. A new member who has devoted a lot of time to address issues of concern to those participating in and reading (as I do) these Iodine threads.

And for you to make that final comment. Of all people. It reads like you are having a tantrum because you think the Iodine threads are yours and you can be the only voice of reason. You sprinkle your opinion with confidence all over this forum.

I am annoyed that a new member who is clearly educated about these issues has been treated like this.

JamesS, clearly it was frustrating being a non member and reading those threads when you had a contrary view. I appreciate the effort you took to respond. I am sorry this was your welcome. I hope you stick around about you obviously have a lot to offer this forum.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    This is, frankly, rude.

I am upset that you are speaking like this to a new member. A new member who has devoted a lot of time to address issues of concern to those participating in and reading (as I do) these Iodine threads.

And for you to make that final comment. Of all people. It reads like you are having a tantrum because you think the Iodine threads are yours and you can be the only voice of reason. You sprinkle your opinion with confidence all over this forum.

I am annoyed that a new member who is clearly educated about these issues has been treated like this.

JamesS, clearly it was frustrating being a non member and reading those threads when you had a contrary view. I appreciate the effort you took to respond. I am sorry this was your welcome. I hope you stick around about you obviously have a lot to offer this forum.
    Did you miss the part where I said that he and I agree about iodine?

Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast