Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 12

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    well, yeah! and most posts don't start "member" directed to one person!

It was missing the patronising tone, I should have picked up on that and realised it wasn't her.
    Directing a post to ONE person in an open thread is pretty useless. Others are still able to remark on the post... and most often do from what I have seen of that.

When a post begins with "member name", as in directing it towards a person that generally indicates that there is something in the post that concerns the posts of the person it is directed to... that is all.
    Generally it's just a simple way of letting someone know that you are speaking to/on their post without a very long quote, or that it included something that the post included that was already quoted and wouldn't show up in the "reply".

*shrug*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    I guess when there is no way to counter the logic, the next best thing is to criticize someone's "tone".

Grizz is offline Banned
    * Fibrocystic Breast Disease Cured by Iodine

We just saw our neighbor today, and she reports that iodine with required supplements have completely cured her Fibrocystic Breasts in only 1 month!
    * Pain gone within days
    * Lumps & Bumps gone within 1 month.

I had reported on her before. This is the one whose doctor so rudely told her, "Learn to live with your breasts or cut them off."
    ( she needed a mastectomy for FBD??? ) and told her nothing about iodine. She went home crying.

The Miracle of Iodine is being swept under the rug & buried by the medical profession !

Now her next door neighbor who is suffering severe fibrocystic breast disease and Uterine Fibers wants to try it. Her doctor also told her to get a mastectomy. My neighbor & I will get her started on iodine, and I will be reporting her progress later.

My neighbor & I are also organizing an Iodine Seminar at the local church to make everyone in our area aware of iodine. We are getting wide coverage from the local newspaper. We hope to fill the churches 500 seats.

Iodine References with Dr. Reports, Testimonials & Instructions.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

I suggest one of you people who are so loudly complaining about iodine and calling me a nut job start writing up your own Internet Document with your best research in support of iodine. This is easy to do with Google Email that includes Google Docs that allows for sharing a document on-line. You can even get your friends here at MDA to collaborate in writing it. Do something positive for a change to help spread the word about iodine your own way. Millions of women need our help. What are you waiting for?

PS) I'm on vacation for 2 weeks now. Have fun while I am away. We're going on a bus tour of the west.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-05-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I guess when there is no way to counter the logic, the next best thing is to criticize someone's "tone".
    Ahh, when was I purporting to engage with the logic? Not.

Well just add me to the list of people who complain that you think this is your forum and you are smug and patronising. *shrug* my opinion.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, was positive writing what you were doing at curezone? I'm asking, because I noticed you bashing a number of people pretty hard over there, as well as these forums and Mark in general. I do wish you'd stop pasting random posts from wherever you find them and then saying see? See!?!

You are a very negative person from what I've seen over the last several months. You left very loudly for curezone, and here you are again, after a few days. I don't believe you are here for discussion. I guess all we can do is wait and see.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Paleobird Guest
    Oh, the drama! The evil doctors! The innocent Victim! The despair! The CURE! The joy!

heeeeee's baaaaaaack!

But seriously, I never once said on this thread or the other that FBD did not respond well to iodine. I have never had FBD. I wouldn't know. I am happy for anyone who finds health. I just think that Grizz takes a positive thing, one that could help a lot of people and, by over-hyping it and making sweeping statements that are totally unfounded factually (e.g. the cancer "cure" stuff) makes the whole idea look like lunacy.

Seriously, does anyone really believe that any doctor would say in so many words, "Learn to live with your breasts or cut them off"?
    Could it be that Grizz and/or his neighbor are engaging in a bit of hyperbole for dramatic effect?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    [/B]

This^^^^^ is what I mean about basic scientific ignorance. If she hadn't corrected Grizz on this, how many people would have read it and thought they know what apoptosis meant. And thought that reference link proved that iodine cures cancer. Iodine kills some cells in a petri dish, so what? Iodine kills germ cells on your skin, that why it is used as a topical disinfectant. That doesn't make it a cancer cure.
    To be completely fair here though, mammogram use for detection of breast cancer is quite controversial. Do I recall correctly that you started your mammograms before age 50? Really that goes against what is supported by the data. So you did what you thought was right for you, in spite of what science supported. That is every persons right. Whether that be for iodine use or mammograms.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    To be completely fair here though, mammogram use for detection of breast cancer is quite controversial. Do I recall correctly that you started your mammograms before age 50? Really that goes against what is supported by the data. So you did what you thought was right for you, in spite of what science supported. That is every persons right. Whether that be for iodine use or mammograms.
    Very true

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    Grizz, was positive writing what you were doing at curezone? I'm asking, because I noticed you bashing a number of people pretty hard over there, as well as these forums and Mark in general. I do wish you'd stop pasting random posts from wherever you find them and then saying see? See!?!

You are a very negative person from what I've seen over the last several months. You left very loudly for curezone, and here you are again, after a few days. I don't believe you are here for discussion. I guess all we can do is wait and see.
    I wouldn't characterise grizz as negative. I think that he is expending a large amount of zealous energy for what he genuinely believes is making people's lives better.

And who knows? Maybe he is.

However, I am a little concerned that he seems to be hardwired to snap believe anything that comes along which looks supporting to his previously held position, while holding his fingers in his ears with regards to potential points which undermine that which he wants to be true.

I am very interesting in reading what the critics of a position say as well as the adherents of a position. So I can, you know, make up my own mind?

Also, your post seems to have a 'I wish you wouldn't post here grizz' subtext. Which seemsm like it's trying to shut down a dissenting opinion. Or have I mischaracterised your post?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Discussion of differing guidelines...
    "Differing mammogram guidelines
    In 2009, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) — a group of health experts that reviews published research and makes recommendations about preventive health care — issued revised mammogram guidelines. Those guidelines include the following:

Screening mammograms should be done every two years beginning at age 50 for women at average risk of breast cancer.
    Screening mammograms before age 50 should not be done routinely and should be based on a woman's values regarding the risks and benefits of mammography.
    Doctors should not teach women to do breast self-exams.
    There is insufficient evidence that mammogram screening is effective for women age 75 and older, so specific recommendations for this age group were not included.
    These guidelines differ from those of the American Cancer Society (ACS). The ACS mammogram guidelines call for yearly mammogram screening beginning at age 40 for women at average risk of breast cancer. Meantime, the ACS says the breast self-exam is optional in breast cancer screening.

According to the USPSTF, women who have screening mammograms die of breast cancer less frequently than do women who don't get mammograms. However, the USPSTF says the benefits of screening mammograms don't outweigh the harms for women ages 40 to 49. Potential harms may include false-positive results that lead to unneeded breast biopsies and accompanying anxiety and distress."
    Mammogram guidelines: What's changed? - MayoClinic.com

Most doctors that I know of do not recommend starting at 40 unless you are high risk... but I know that women are given the choice when to start, and that if they have insurance that mammogram coverage begins at 40.

As far as worry about "irradiating breasts"
    "An average of 70 millirems—roughly the dose you'd receive from your normal, everyday environment over a period of two and a half months. Most of our lifetime exposure to radiation comes from radon produced by decaying uranium in soil and rocks. Enough of this gas gets trapped in your house to deliver about 200 millirems per year. Food, which incorporates uranium from the soil, adds to this total, as do air travel, smoking, and radioactive atoms inside your body. But that's no reason to worry: Studies have shown no increased risk of cancer among people experiencing as many as 1,000 millirems per year of background radiation. (As a general rule, though, you're better off with less exposure.)"
    How dangerous is the radiation from a mammogram? - Slate Magazine

Basically, we are always being exposed to radiation... nothing to be done about it. A mammogram isn't really going to hurt anything.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast