Page 10 of 91 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine: a discussion, and perhaps a civilized debate page 10

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

I am available here to answer legitimate, polite questions and post factual messages. Grizz
    Welcome back Grizz I do have a couple of questions for you!

I have been on the protocol with supplements for a little bit and I am feeling great even with some weight gain/swelling and acne outbreak, my energy is great and I am sleeping better than ever! How long does the extra weight stick around before it will return to normal?
    I would like to increase my iodine amount into two seperate doses does that mean I need to take double the supplements?

Thanks

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    I had not participated in the dearly departed Great Iodine Thread and was mostly content to just read this one, but the post about Iodine curing cancer really, really disturbs me. I do not have personal experience surviving cancer. I do, however, transcribe medical reports for oncologists, so I spend 40 hours of my life every week reading and typing reports about cancer patients. I know enough to be dangerous.

What really disturbs me is the blind statement "iodine cures breast cancer." This statement has supporting pictures linked from Wiki Commons which is an editible site by anyone who logs in. There is no data set to reference the pictures. I clicked on the link to Jeffrey Dach's page and he's just talking about Dr. Brownstein's book. I clicked on the links referenced there and the ones that led me to actual studies are apparently all studies done with mice or rats. There are no trials in humans. There does not seem to be any data set linked here that is with humans. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I do not disagree that 21st century humans probably need more iodine in our diet. I go with what is in my pretty decent multivitamin right now and am going to start taking kelp tablets again. I have no opinion one way or the other about doses and how much people should take. If a large dose works for you, glory hallelujah and congratulations. If a smaller dose works for you, keep on keeping on and vaya con Dios.

For the love of all that is holy, however, please, please, I'm begging you, DO NOT post anything along the lines of "iodine cures cancer." There is no peer-reviewed, independent information that substantiates that. A statement like that is doing a disservice to anyone who is on a search for good health and God forbid someone read something like that who has just gotten a diagnosis of BCA and thinks this is the magical cure and the carboplatin and Taxol her doctor wants her to take is just snake oil.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

::Stepping down off soap box, very gently::

Paleofan is offline Senior Member
    I'm just gonna say it....Grizz, just start your own thread again, and maybe it will stay alive. But stay off of other's with your preachy views.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    I had not participated in the dearly departed Great Iodine Thread and was mostly content to just read this one, but the post about Iodine curing cancer really, really disturbs me. I do not have personal experience surviving cancer. I do, however, transcribe medical reports for oncologists, so I spend 40 hours of my life every week reading and typing reports about cancer patients. I know enough to be dangerous.

What really disturbs me is the blind statement "iodine cures breast cancer." This statement has supporting pictures linked from Wiki Commons which is an editible site by anyone who logs in. There is no data set to reference the pictures. I clicked on the link to Jeffrey Dach's page and he's just talking about Dr. Brownstein's book. I clicked on the links referenced there and the ones that led me to actual studies are apparently all studies done with mice or rats. There are no trials in humans. There does not seem to be any data set linked here that is with humans. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I do not disagree that 21st century humans probably need more iodine in our diet. I go with what is in my pretty decent multivitamin right now and am going to start taking kelp tablets again. I have no opinion one way or the other about doses and how much people should take. If a large dose works for you, glory hallelujah and congratulations. If a smaller dose works for you, keep on keeping on and vaya con Dios.

For the love of all that is holy, however, please, please, I'm begging you, DO NOT post anything along the lines of "iodine cures cancer." There is no peer-reviewed, independent information that substantiates that. A statement like that is doing a disservice to anyone who is on a search for good health and God forbid someone read something like that who has just gotten a diagnosis of BCA and thinks this is the magical cure and the carboplatin and Taxol her doctor wants her to take is just snake oil.
    Could have used your help on the last thread. Thanks.

I urge anyone even considering falling for snake oil treatments to read this document. It is about the history of "miracle cures" that were nothing more than smoke and mirrors and hype. Please people, think.

http://www.cancertreatmentwatch.org/q/janssen.shtml
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    From the above referenced article:

"In preparing for the trials FDA inspectors investigated some 400 cases of persons who were claimed by Hoxsey to have been cured of cancer by the treatment. This is what they found:

One group of these victims had diagnosed themselves or had never had a biopsy showing they had cancer.
    A second group had cancer and had been treated for it by accepted and effective methods. but had later gone to the Hoxsey Clinic fearing they had not been cured.
    The remaining cases were people who had received the Hoxsey treatment and had died of cancer (the majority) or still had it. Not one case of a bona fide cure was found.
    This is typical of the pattern when cases allegedly cured by untested cancer remedies are carefully investigated."

This has been shown over and over again throughout history. A very interesting article. Well worth the read.

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Could have used your help on the last thread. Thanks.

I urge anyone even considering falling for snake oil treatments to read this document. It is about the history of "miracle cures" that were nothing more than smoke and mirrors and hype. Please people, think.

Cancer Quackery: Past And Present

I'm going to save that and read it when I finish work this afternoon. I wanted to stay out of the fray on that other thread because my first screen name had been banned for reasons unknown to me and I really wanted to avoid the possibility of being banned again. I did gasp in horror on more than one occasion and some of the things that had been posted and had to scrape my chin up off of the desk a time or two.

On a side note, Paleobird, I loved reading your transformation article. Very encouraging. I work on lots and lots of reports about women with breast cancer and many of them have good results, but sadly many do not. A mammogram also saved my SIL's life 15 years ago. None of her first-degree relatives had cancer and the evil insurance company almost didn't agree to a mammogram because she was only 35. She ended up having bilateral mastectomies and we are grateful every day that she's still around to keep my brother on the straight and narrow...
    Last edited by RobinNM; 08-04-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typos

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Welcome back Grizz I do have a couple of questions for you!

I have been on the protocol with supplements for a little bit and I am feeling great even with some weight gain/swelling and acne outbreak, my energy is great and I am sleeping better than ever! How long does the extra weight stick around before it will return to normal?
    I would like to increase my iodine amount into two seperate doses does that mean I need to take double the supplements?

Thanks
    >>> with some weight gain/swelling and acne outbreak<<<<

Longing,
    IMO, you are taking too much iodine too soon. There should be no weight gain & swelling. This is the schedule that is recommended.
    * Ideas for Starting really slow using a bottle of 2% Lugols iodine (3.1mg per drop) available at Amazon.Com

- - - Mix 1 drop 2% Lugols into bottles of water, put the caps back on.
    - - - Week 1 drink 1 oz (~30ml) daily (about 380mcg iodone)
    - - - Week 2 drink 2 oz (~60ml) daily (about 775mcg iodine)
    - - - Week 3 drink 4 oz (~120ml) daily ( about 1.5mg iodine)
    - - - Week 4 drink 6 oz (~180ml) daily ( about 2.3mg iodine)
    - - - Week 5 drink 8 oz (~220ml) daily ( about 3.1 mg iodine or about 1 drop per day),
    - - - Week 6 drink 2 drops per day in a glass of water
    - - - Week 7 drink 3 drops per day in a glass of water
    - - - Week 8 drink 4 drops per day (about 12.5mg = to 1 iodoral)
    * Next, Titrate up with iodoral 12.5mg iodine tablets available at Amazon.Com
    - - - add 1/2 tablet each month to eventually reach 50mg daily-refer to Dr. Brownstein’s Book
    - - - 50mg Daily is the dosage target recommended by Dr. Brownstein to overcome toxins
    * If any detox symptoms appear do the salt flush and pulse dose. (all listed below)

For now reduce your dosage and restart with the week 1 dosage.
    or go on pulse dosing 48 hours between doses. Also consider the salt flush.

More details here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

I'm now off on vacation. See Y'all when I get back.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

::Stepping down off soap box, very gently::
    There is a lot of doctor documented articles on Iodine killing cancer cells. The process is called apoptosis.

Read all about it here, chapter Cancer.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Hebsie is a spammer?

Seriously, it was post like this one of Hebsie's that inflamed the situation.
    ...haha, now don't go blaming me for Grizz's nuttery and lunacy. He owns that **** all by himself, thank-you very much...hebs

joe2.0 is offline Member
    I thought Grizz said he was done here? More specifically, that "curezone is superior to MDA in every way". Just can't imagine that with the crackpot element he brings here along with the sex stories about 11 year old girls, that MDA wants any association with him.

Page 10 of 91 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast