Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supernatural-Primal Character page 2

winterzodiac is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Rasputina, if you want to get an idea for a villian for your novel, watch the last season of Supernatural. It's kind of hilarious in a gruesome sort of way. And I like it because it feeds my paranoia about why our food sources are actually blatantly becoming poisoned.
    Last season of Supernatural (tv show) was great. Loved the casual discussion about HFCS being in almost all American foods, and how technically its not a chemical but all natural, so it can be promoted as healthy. LOL.

In terms of appearance, for a female I think she would have to be an amazon woman. Defined muscles, strong, healthy hair and skin. For a dude, no bodybuilder types, just lean and muscular. Endurance might be handy for ex. being in a starvation situation while climbing up a mountain or crossing thru a jungle, where the "enemies" are physically getting weaker, feeling faint, cognitive issues, etc, though the primal character remains strong or even eats native fruits/hunts animals. Would be cool if character was Macgyver like and use objects/resources that are local for fighting or problem-solving.
    Winterzodiac F, 31, 5'2"
    HW: 230lbs (approx), size 22
    SW Paleo: 155lbs (7/31/12)
    CW: 155 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs/Sz 10 and to fit into a cute Halloween costume this year!

My Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63367.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I liked the scene where the shapshifter wouldn't give the demons any U.S. turf because we're all so fat and so make the best food source.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Why not an immortal caveman?

carlh is offline Senior Member
    This guy. No no no, not Pauly Shore.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Except in real life he'd have lost his caveman powers once his started stuffing his face w/ hohos, and probably wouldn't have needed to watch all those fake wrestling videos to kick that guys ass.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Oh dear, another one thinking that fairies are just little winged things. Have you not heard of the Tuatha De Danaan? Magical shape changing warriors who controlled the very forces of nature. Also they were the true definition of fairies.

Go to mythology, none of that children's story crap.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried writing a novel, but for the games, I loved writing druids. My Faldorn for BG1 (erm, i doubt anyone here even knows what BG1 is, it's just an old CRPG), now that I think about it was super-primal. She was my interpretation of a Shadow Druid, while trying to stick to True Neutral (yeah, I know, it was abandoned for good nowadays, but back then, I was interested in interpreting the alignments) somewhat feral, somewhat wild, very anti-agriculture/anti-cities, ready to kill if it helped the Balance, and one of my favorite dialogues she was forcing a team-mate to eat a cockroach... because if you killed it, you gotta eat it.

For a while I was trying to write something with a Half-Orc Barbarian with a boar familiar as my main character; she was paired up with a willowy druid (iirc a fairy-type) to hold off an attack on a hamlet by holding the gal's groove and filling it with various booby traps and the kick-assery while the hauty nobleman of the land did something strategically important to save the trade town nearby.

Yeah, I have too been young and foolish. You should see my short story about the AI tricking the humans into thinking it doesn't exist to be left alone. Ot the Who Killed Helen of Troy in the land of the dead sci-fi mystery. (Giggle)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    On the serious note, if I wanted to write a primal sci-fi, i would look into the classics, such as Fight for the Fire (whatever the English title is); set up a local scenario; and add shamanistic elements with the down to Earth magic, Hobbs, Martin, etc style. Even Tolkien' ents reinterpreted in the way that do not humanaize and 'OMG, connection of a 'just like modern human' to real weird civilization that is actually not so weird..." could work. It's not the wings that make a character stupid, it's writing it as 'down the toilette drain into half-baked Tolkien' thing...

Start with the plot, the character will follow. Every teenage girl can come up with a silver-eyed primal hunter. Diminishing % of them can come up with a decent plot, book outline and chapter break-down.

And... for the love of primal gods, start with a f'ing short story of 5,000- 10,000 words, not a 50,000 + word novel.

Rant over.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-03-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12