Thread: Crap I have a Cough! page

cayla29s is offline Senior Member

Crap I have a Cough!

Hey Guys,

I came down with a cough 2 days ago. I would say it is slightly getting better. I had green phlegm yesterday now its cleared up. I don't normally get sick so for me even if I have a bit of sore throat, it drives me crazy. I stopped working out this week for obvious reasons. I usually take a natural based cough and cold syrup but that only works if you can feel coming on.

Anyway, do u have any paleo nutrition advise to help me get rid of this cough quicker?

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I read in WELL FED that scrambled eggs with ground ginger is a paleo home remedy for a cough. I haven't tried it, though.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I take 10,000 units per day of oil based vitamin D3 and zinc for a few days whenever I feel a cold coming on. It almost always stops it in its tracks.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I take 10,000 units per day of oil based vitamin D3 and zinc for a few days whenever I feel a cold coming on. It almost always stops it in its tracks.
    Interesting! I don't take any supplements but i definitely try this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I read in WELL FED that scrambled eggs with ground ginger is a paleo home remedy for a cough. I haven't tried it, though.
    i don't know if I like the taste of ginger in my scrambled eggs..btw is well fed sold on i books?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    without the comma am not quite sure, but you're not coughing on crap, right?

neti pot or at least tent your head over a big pan of boiling water.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway