Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Exercise while Travelling page

  1. #1
    cayla29s's Avatar
    cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    456

    Exercise while Travelling

    Shop Now
    Hey Guys,

    I going out of the country next monday. I will not have any gym facilities to go so what are the best body weight exercises to do.

    Here are some of the ones I'm thinking of doing.

    Regular Squats (Jump Squats), Lunges, Pushups, Planks. I'm bringing exercise bands with me. I plan on doing some sprinting and light jogging. I will be away for 2 weeks

    Any other ideas?

  2. #2
    docpearce's Avatar
    docpearce is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39
    Open of the overhead bins on the plane and start doing some pullups. Make sure to say "oh yeah..feel the pump" in a Jersey accent

    In seriousness..don't forget pullups (tree branch) and maybe some one-legged squats

  3. #3
    inesenite's Avatar
    inesenite is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    140
    I don't know how fit you are, it might be too light for you but my trainer made me the following program for holidays:

    Lower body - all body weight, max reps to failure, no rest between, 5 sets, 3 min rest between each set :
    1) Explosive jump lunges, max speed;
    2) Side step ups on a high chair or smth alternative;
    3) Walking lunges;
    4) Squats (jump if you can, otherwise regular).

    Upper body - max reps to failure, no rest between, 5 sets, 3 min rest between each set :
    1) Plyometric pushups (explosive);
    2) Bent over reverse flies (with light weights in your hands, if available - water bottles etc)
    3) Dips
    4) Smth he calls Prone circumductions - lie on your belly and move your hands horizontally from your hips up above your head - gain with light weights.
    Hope it helps somewhat.

  4. #4
    fat belly frog's Avatar
    fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Oz
    Posts
    188
    If you have a smart phone and 2 dollars to spare down load the "your are you own gym" app. I use programs from this app for when I travel with work. Haven't found a hotel room I can't do some sort of workout in yet. The app has programs, bodyweight exercise descriptions and various levels that should challenge you no matter what your level is. Other than that print offf a copy of Marks primal blue print fitness or simple fit and work out as per those programs, all great ways of getting a workout on the road.

    Cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

  5. #5
    brighthorse's Avatar
    brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    158
    Wow! I am jealous. Just think of all the new things you will see while you go on a walk! It's nice to go to different places. 8)

  6. #6
    EvRevFit's Avatar
    EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    325
    If the price isn't an issue, you can get Convict Conditioning. LOVE that book.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

    My Journal

    Evolution Revolution Fitness

    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

    -Ayn Rand

  7. #7
    cayla29s's Avatar
    cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by inesenite View Post
    I don't know how fit you are, it might be too light for you but my trainer made me the following program for holidays:

    Lower body - all body weight, max reps to failure, no rest between, 5 sets, 3 min rest between each set :
    1) Explosive jump lunges, max speed;
    2) Side step ups on a high chair or smth alternative;
    3) Walking lunges;
    4) Squats (jump if you can, otherwise regular).

    Upper body - max reps to failure, no rest between, 5 sets, 3 min rest between each set :
    1) Plyometric pushups (explosive);
    2) Bent over reverse flies (with light weights in your hands, if available - water bottles etc)
    3) Dips
    4) Smth he calls Prone circumductions - lie on your belly and move your hands horizontally from your hips up above your head - gain with light weights.
    Hope it helps somewhat.
    k thanks yeah i can do these exercises but i don't get upperbody #4 I'm trying to visual it in my head.

  8. #8
    cayla29s's Avatar
    cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by fat belly frog View Post
    If you have a smart phone and 2 dollars to spare down load the "your are you own gym" app. I use programs from this app for when I travel with work. Haven't found a hotel room I can't do some sort of workout in yet. The app has programs, bodyweight exercise descriptions and various levels that should challenge you no matter what your level is. Other than that print offf a copy of Marks primal blue print fitness or simple fit and work out as per those programs, all great ways of getting a workout on the road.

    Cheers
    Hey, I downloaded the app...wow there are tonnes of exercises on here that i didn't even know existed. btw how do you create your own workout? I don't see an option for that

  9. #9
    inesenite's Avatar
    inesenite is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla29s View Post
    k thanks yeah i can do these exercises but i don't get upperbody #4 I'm trying to visual it in my head.
    Sorry, it is a bit confusing. Basically, imagine standing lateral rises but lifting the weight all the way up, over your head. I don't really know how that sort of exercise would be called.
    But instead of doing it standing, you do ir lying on your stomach, upper body slightly raised and moving your hands horizontally (arms straigth) from your hips to over your head.

  10. #10
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    All of the exercise gurus recommend taking some time off now and then to heal, rebuild, repair, and rest. If you haven't had 2 weeks off in a long time, maybe now is the time. When you get back you will feel like a new person. I used to be scared to death to skip a day, now I exercise (for real) only once a week and have taken 2 weeks off--it didn't hurt my progress, but in fact, helped it. Just a thought...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •