Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! School starts tomorrow, WHAT do I put in my son's lunchbox?!?! page 2

MegDallas is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Lissee-

Actually, STILL great idea! We live in the country (in Tennessee, on top of in the country), like so far in the country a flock of wild turkeys flew in front of my car the other day and one died when he smashed into my windshield... Kinda gross, but all I could think later was "Why didn't I grab up that free-range turkey?!" Ha! We get local meat and cheese (and eggs, butter, etc.) and I slice it myself! No chemicals or additives! I get everything from a neighboring farm and grow a lot of our own veggies, fruit, and herbs, so I can do sliced meat and cheese rolled up with Mark's homemade mayo EASY! I'll just save the 'gourmet' for me with some of my basil or rosemary because it would be wasted on my son! Ha! Thank you for the suggestion!

adkatsim is offline Junior Member
    Also, this blog has millions of pictures of primal lunchboxes for kids: Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Sandwiches with lettuce, peppers, grilled aubergine or sliced roast meat as the 'bread'.
    Chicken or pork terrine.
    Salad-in-a-jar.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MegDallas View Post
    Lissee-

Actually, STILL great idea! We live in the country (in Tennessee, on top of in the country), like so far in the country a flock of wild turkeys flew in front of my car the other day and one died when he smashed into my windshield... Kinda gross, but all I could think later was "Why didn't I grab up that free-range turkey?!" Ha! We get local meat and cheese (and eggs, butter, etc.) and I slice it myself! No chemicals or additives! I get everything from a neighboring farm and grow a lot of our own veggies, fruit, and herbs, so I can do sliced meat and cheese rolled up with Mark's homemade mayo EASY! I'll just save the 'gourmet' for me with some of my basil or rosemary because it would be wasted on my son! Ha! Thank you for the suggestion!
    Oh my goodness! I love how you showed us what it's like where you live, I could see the landscape rushing by as I imagined being in your car. And !!!! rofl @ "Why didn't I grab up that free-range turkey!" That is priceless.

How lucky you are to have the neighboring farm! One day I hope to be as lucky. Good luck with the lunches.

Daisynyc is offline Member
    Once or twice per week, we allow our kids to choose the school lunch, which is not primal but is excellent in our district (I don't want to go too strict with them due to my own childhood experience with dietary rigidity). When I send lunch, they love the following:
    Greek yogurt with a touch of honey (my older one just likes it plain - as tart as possible!); apple/cheddar cheese slices; roll-ups (as mentioned above); chicken tenders and carrots with ketchup "dip", warm soup in a thermos, hard boiled eggs; crustless quiche heated and then wrapped in foil to stay warm; any kind of sandwich made with a wrap or tortilla that I find to be not-too-terrible.

Any every once in a while, a PBJ.

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    Check out nomnompaleo. She's got a couple kids.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Lunch ideas at Everyday Paleo.

Google "bento box lunch"...replace the sandwich/grains ideas with hard cooked eggs, meat balls or leftover roast chicken.

My kids also like this: Broccoli Salad.

And a little more info and recipes on raising Cave Babies
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12